Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
And Russia put DT in the whites house
That conspiracy theory has been long debunked. If you want a conspiracy theory consider HC & BO spying on DT. Then when Barr gets close to bringing charges they wreck the economy with China virus to avoid and buy time before next election. Makes more sense.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
That conspiracy theory has been long debunked. If you want a conspiracy theory consider HC & BO spying on DT. Then when Barr gets close to bringing charges they wreck the economy with China virus to avoid and buy time before next election. Makes more sense.
Barr is still working...this week his focus has been on Brennan......

In Trumps own words....there will be retribution.

Dan The Carpet Man

Mar 24, 2012
california
Real Name
daniel berber
Business Location
United States
Hahahahaha. Y’all just like trump and his virus that will miraculously will go away , is just one person,

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hahahahaha. Y’all just like trump and his virus that will miraculously will go away , is just one person,
Nah, like the Swine flu it’s here to stay. Every day microbes are mutating. Blowing it out of proportion is what is obvious by mainstream media and career politicians.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
It's funny how the older I get the more my views of morality change. I'm one of the weird ones; I really didn't do much of anything wrong a young man. No drugs, no drinking, no partying, no sex, no misuse of money etc. I did everything I was told...now that I'm an adult I realize most people in power tell you to do things to further their self interest.

People want to know whats wrong with Millenials? We began to understand the lie. Our future was mortgaged. Even now the baby boomers that are in power (not all, the ones in power) want us to sacrifice ourselves on the front lines to protect them. Yet for years they've been telling us we are lazy, arrogant and stupid.

Blech what a negative way to start my morning. Guess I'm feeling jaded because the IRS won't give me an answer about why my tax return was withheld (was going to use it on a down payment for a house we really liked and now the house is gone), the business is shutdown due to choice; and we were on a GREAT start of 2020 and looking like it wasn't going to stop. Nobody is sick yet thank the lord. I'm also feeling impotent; like I don't know what to do to help in my community or otherwise.

That is all.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
It's funny how the older I get the more my views of morality change. I'm one of the weird ones; I really didn't do much of anything wrong a young man. No drugs, no drinking, no partying, no sex, no misuse of money etc. I did everything I was told...now that I'm an adult I realize most people in power tell you to do things to further their self interest.

People want to know whats wrong with Millenials? We began to understand the lie. Our future was mortgaged. Even now the baby boomers that are in power (not all, the ones in power) want us to sacrifice ourselves on the front lines to protect them. Yet for years they've been telling us we are lazy, arrogant and stupid.

Blech what a negative way to start my morning. Guess I'm feeling jaded because the IRS won't give me an answer about why my tax return was withheld (was going to use it on a down payment for a house we really liked and now the house is gone), the business is shutdown due to choice; and we were on a GREAT start of 2020 and looking like it wasn't going to stop. Nobody is sick yet thank the lord. I'm also feeling impotent; like I don't know what to do to help in my community or otherwise.

That is all.
The Boomers and Gen-Xers are what's wrong with the Millenials, lol. US, in other words.

I am considered early early EARLY Gen-X. Meaning my kids (had I any) would be Millenials, as are the children of late Boomers.

And people of our age spoiled our kids rotten.

We told them they were 'special', and 'unique', and 'wonderful just the way they are'. We told them they were ALWAYS winners, and that life would be good for them.

We told OURSELVES that we'd make sure our kids had a better life than we did. Ours were the first generation whose parents both had to work, after all. We were determined that we were going to be better parents to our kids. They were going to have everything they ever wanted, because we were gonna protect them and shelter them.

We kinda boogered that one, methinks.

(I say "we" because I have no offspring of my own, but I've quite a bit of experience in step-parenting)

Reactions: Spazznout

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I don't necessarily disagree with you Mama, there is also another factor in this which is Millenials are anti-authority by nature. We grew up in the information age - we have had more exposure and access to info than any prior generation in history.

While social media has produced a segment of the population that is vain, artificial, and incapable, there is also a segment that is highly capable, critical thinking, and able to synthesize information more rapidly than any generation previously.

We are tired of the Boomer's blaming the younger generations - a construction job I started 4 weeks ago, the manager, a man in his 50's, his FIRST words when meeting me was, "Are you a Millenial"?

Millenials didn't cause the 2008 market crash - Boomers did. And that just so happened to coincide with many Millenials graduating college. Guess what - now 10 years later we are still in the middle of the student loan problem because people couldn't find good jobs, wages stagnated, the bottlenecks for gainful employment became exponentially smaller. So yes, good for those who didn't take student loans. But this world isn't like the one my Father who was born in 1933 grew up in. He had his challenges too - but being a white male with a college education in the 1950's was a rare thing. College also didn't cost you the next 10 years of your financial life back then.

You CANNOT possibly work your way through college now. $15,000 per semester? Please..., when I worked at the grocery store as a teenager from 2005-2008 the most I ever made was $7.95 per hour and I was actually one of the higher paid stockers because I could work ANY department including the cashier. I even paid for my car with cash (which was $15,000) knowing what I know now, I should've kept for the next 10 years lol, but hey I was a kid right?

So 2008 happens. I'm one year from graduating college. Job market bottoms out. I had to take loans to finish college and guess what, no good jobs. Didn't stop the interest from accruing on the loans. Now I didn't cry or scream, I got to work, and WORKED my ass off from 2009-2014 almost 60+ hours a week on average, sometimes more, and PAID it ALL off. But during that time, the baby boomer generation at my same age would have been buying a house, starting a family.

So I am TIRED of Boomers talking about how "bad, lazy, incompetent" us Millenials are. Every generation has those who are irresponsible, lazy, entitled etc, we are no different.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Really? Pointing out that I'm tired of Boomer's blaming Millenials? Get rekt.
Yeah who are all these big businesses taking bailouts? Boomer's. Meanwhile I didn't pay myself an income over the last 6 months in order to secure my business for the next 12. As soon as I realized carpet cleaning was going to die off in the short term I jumped on a construction crew.

Go peddle your bullshit somewhere else. Woe is me my ass, I adapt and survive, doesn't mean I enjoy adapting because irresponsible assholes at the top keep taking the cake and feeding us crumbs.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I don't necessarily disagree with you Mama, there is also another factor in this which is Millenials are anti-authority by nature. We grew up in the information age - we have had more exposure and access to info than any prior generation in history.

While social media has produced a segment of the population that is vain, artificial, and incapable, there is also a segment that is highly capable, critical thinking, and able to synthesize information more rapidly than any generation previously.

We are tired of the Boomer's blaming the younger generations - a construction job I started 4 weeks ago, the manager, a man in his 50's, his FIRST words when meeting me was, "Are you a Millenial"?

Millenials didn't cause the 2008 market crash - Boomers did. And that just so happened to coincide with many Millenials graduating college. Guess what - now 10 years later we are still in the middle of the student loan problem because people couldn't find good jobs, wages stagnated, the bottlenecks for gainful employment became exponentially smaller. So yes, good for those who didn't take student loans. But this world isn't like the one my Father who was born in 1933 grew up in. He had his challenges too - but being a white male with a college education in the 1950's was a rare thing. College also didn't cost you the next 10 years of your financial life back then.

You CANNOT possibly work your way through college now. $15,000 per semester? Please..., when I worked at the grocery store as a teenager from 2005-2008 the most I ever made was $7.95 per hour and I was actually one of the higher paid stockers because I could work ANY department including the cashier. I even paid for my car with cash (which was $15,000) knowing what I know now, I should've kept for the next 10 years lol, but hey I was a kid right?

So 2008 happens. I'm one year from graduating college. Job market bottoms out. I had to take loans to finish college and guess what, no good jobs. Didn't stop the interest from accruing on the loans. Now I didn't cry or scream, I got to work, and WORKED my ass off from 2009-2014 almost 60+ hours a week on average, sometimes more, and PAID it ALL off. But during that time, the baby boomer generation at my same age would have been buying a house, starting a family.

So I am TIRED of Boomers talking about how "bad, lazy, incompetent" us Millenials are. Every generation has those who are irresponsible, lazy, entitled etc, we are no different.
You are acting the part right now if you cant see it. Every generation has been picked on by its prior generation. Only yours takes offense to it. And if you cant handle criticism? Construction will eat you alive. There are no fks to give about feelings there. So you better hide it or get over it.

Our generation also wasnt known for safety. Parents went to work and kids took care of themselves and their brothers/sisters. Didnt have the material things that the millenials had. They had to go out and find things to do. They didnt google how to live or how to have fun. They figured it out.

We also didnt enter the work force with only school knowledge. Trying to tell the older experience guys that we were under paid and that we should get more then them because we got an edu-ma-cation Instead of experience.

Now before you go assuming anything. This does not reflect all of them. But it does reflect a lot of them. Which has tarnished your entire generation.

Lol you'll see. Wait until my sons generation enters the workforce. Man are you in for a treat. The generation of "I didnt know" "I tried" "it cant be done" lmfao they are coming and you will be their boss :D

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
You are acting the part right now if you cant see it. Every generation has been picked on by its prior generation. Only yours takes offense to it. And if you cant handle criticism? Construction will eat you alive. There are no fks to give about feelings there. So you better hide it or get over it.

Our generation also wasnt known for safety. Parents went to work and kids took care of themselves and their brothers/sisters. Didnt have the material things that the millenials had. They had to go out and find things to do. They didnt google how to live or how to have fun. They figured it out.

We also didnt enter the work force with only school knowledge. Trying to tell the older experience guys that we were under paid and that we should get more then them because we got an edu-ma-cation Instead of experience.

Now before you go assuming anything. This does not reflect all of them. But it does reflect a lot of them. Which has tarnished your entire generation.

Lol you'll see. Wait until my sons generation enters the workforce. Man are you in for a treat. The generation of "I didnt know" "I tried" "it cant be done" lmfao they are coming and you will be their boss :D
Acting what part? I raise my family, cook for my kids, educate my 3 year old on alphabet, reading and math. You don't know a single thing about me. Construction will eat me alive? I'm having a blast actually - but to be honest I am noticing that while I'm working digging a 25 foot trench, the "Boomers" are sitting off to the side smoking a cigarette and talking. Then they find an excuse to drive to a different job site leaving me alone to fill wheelbarrows with gravel and fill the trench. They come back 3 hours later, smoke another cigarette, jump in the skidster and push more gravel over for me to load.

I haven't said a word. So no, it didn't eat me up, I'm sore at the end of the day using muscles I haven't used in a long time, but I get the job done. If there is something on the job site I don't know how to do, I tell them flat out I need to be shown. The finishing carpenter is already asking me if I want to apprentice with him because I only have to be shown once and I do it right the first time. My 2nd day on the job the owner showed up to the jobsite and his eyes got real big, I asked what did he see? He said nothing...which is good, he was shocked how clean the job site was (which I had been working almost alone on for 2 days).

What do you mean your generation didn't have to "google" anything? So you sprang out of your mommas womb knowing how to do everything? Your mommy and daddy were your Google, they showed you what to do, for better or worse until you developed critical thinking skills of your own.

SRD is right, no generation falls into any category more than the other, however it does seem like Boomers are blaming Millenials DISPROPORTIONATELY more than usual.

Lol, so you say I'll be your sons boss? Isn't that a compliment?

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States

Agree.

I have 2 of them as lead techs...one is 20 the other just turned 21.

They both made over 45K last year and deliver for my customers as is seen in all of our reviews online.

They are not messing around...their parents told them the truth about the world around them. They see the government and society for what it is NOT what they want it too look like in some fairy tale like @Mama Fen so eloquently described above.

I have been married 25 years to my high-school sweetheart......I have no kids, it was not in mother natures plan, but if I had they would be between 18-24 right now.

Millennial better stiffen their upper lips...........between this Corona episode and the lasting impacts it will have and this new generation entering the work force as we speak....

I am not sure they are up for the competition....game......challenge.....

Oxi, do not take offense....this is not aimed at you...but as a generalization...I have hired many,many millennials.....what a pain in the ass.............

My prediction......The millennial become known as the "Lost Generation" and yeah, it is their parents fault.

Last edited:

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Really? Pointing out that I'm tired of Boomer's blaming Millenials? Get rekt.
Gen X not a boomer. Get rekt? Lmfao who was the one whining on the internet about a generation? Ah yes the "triggered" millenial.
You lit the fire man you cant walk away without getting burnt by it. You should expect it.

Reactions: MikeGaure

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I didn't light the fire, it's been burning wild for a decade. I gave you actual hard facts and examples, you gave me the usual tripe given when you can't say shit about it but want to cognitively deflect.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I didn't light the fire, it's been burning wild for a decade. I gave you actual hard facts and examples, you gave me the usual tripe given when you can't say shit about it but want to cognitively deflect.
Lmao you were just complaining about boomers in construction for fudge sake. You want the truth. Your generation was known as the bed wetter mommy boy generation due to its nature to complain till it got it's way. That's the truth. You complain woe is me I dug a ditch. So fkn what. Like others before never did that. You are the first. Those older guys never did that before?. You are the younger one also from the sounds of it the laborer. If they too are laborers and dont out rank you on the job. The. Dont worry about it. Do what you are supposed to do and dont gloat or pat your own back. They will make your life miserable.

Reactions: MikeGaure

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Acting what part? I raise my family, cook for my kids, educate my 3 year old on alphabet, reading and math. You don't know a single thing about me. Construction will eat me alive? I'm having a blast actually - but to be honest I am noticing that while I'm working digging a 25 foot trench, the "Boomers" are sitting off to the side smoking a cigarette and talking. Then they find an excuse to drive to a different job site leaving me alone to fill wheelbarrows with gravel and fill the trench. They come back 3 hours later, smoke another cigarette, jump in the skidster and push more gravel over for me to load.

I haven't said a word. So no, it didn't eat me up, I'm sore at the end of the day using muscles I haven't used in a long time, but I get the job done. If there is something on the job site I don't know how to do, I tell them flat out I need to be shown. The finishing carpenter is already asking me if I want to apprentice with him because I only have to be shown once and I do it right the first time. My 2nd day on the job the owner showed up to the jobsite and his eyes got real big, I asked what did he see? He said nothing...which is good, he was shocked how clean the job site was (which I had been working almost alone on for 2 days).

What do you mean your generation didn't have to "google" anything? So you sprang out of your mommas womb knowing how to do everything? Your mommy and daddy were your Google, they showed you what to do, for better or worse until you developed critical thinking skills of your own.

SRD is right, no generation falls into any category more than the other, however it does seem like Boomers are blaming Millenials DISPROPORTIONATELY more than usual.

Lol, so you say I'll be your sons boss? Isn't that a compliment?
Fill in the blank:

"Today's kids have it too easy. They're gonna grow up spoiled thanks to that gosh-darn ____________________________________. We didn't have that when *I* was young!"

Insert luxury of choice above.

Color TV?
Betamax VCR?
Home computer?
Cellular phone?
PlayStation?

And yet if it's OUR kids, we do our best to give them exactly those things.

What's the song say, "Every generation blames the one before/ and all of their frustrations come beating on your door..."?

Reactions: keep it clean