Truckmount not starting

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jan 17, 2017
Real Name
john mundy
Hey guys, I have a 2011 Boxxer 323HP that is not starting. I had it out on a job yesterday and she ran fine for 2 hours. Then on my second job I pull out my hoses and go to fire up and I just hear....click.

I figured the battery somehow died so I ran back to my house to jumpstart it with a power pack and then I was just getting rapid clicking. When I took it off the jump starter and turned the key I heard nothing.

So the final verdict is no turn over, no click, no noise, nothing when I turn the key. I checked my fuses and all the connections look fine, so I’m scratching my head on this one.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Check the battery with a meter for 12.7 volts .
You can pull the starter and see if it turns .
If not it could be the ignition switch .

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I agree with Joe Cool, check your battery (load test or test with vat 40)

or You might have a bad starter.
try by passing the ignition switch and try to bump start it to test starter on the machine. If its spinning then the problem might be wiring from switch to starter or the switch itself, not sure if these machines have a ballast resistor but if it does check with ohm meter or diode test.

Check simple things and do wiggle test on wiring, check for loose or dirty connections and make sure all ground contacts are making a clean connection.

Other things that could/might stop it from starting would be
Oil pressure switch
waste tank cut off switch,
low water tank level switch.

charge your battery, and have it tested at oreilly or autozone

if the battery test comes back good then
your charging system needs to be tested and the voltage regulator.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I agree with Joe Cool, check your battery (load test or test with vat 40)

or You might have a bad starter.
try by passing the ignition switch and try to bump start it to test starter on the machine. If its spinning then the problem might be wiring from switch to starter or the switch itself, not sure if these machines have a ballast resistor but if it does check with ohm meter or diode test.

Check simple things and do wiggle test on wiring, check for loose or dirty connections and make sure all ground contacts are making a clean connection.

Other things that could/might stop it from starting would be
Oil pressure switch
waste tank cut off switch,
low water tank level switch.
If your battery test good (load test at oreilly or auto zone)
then you might have a bad voltage regulator or alternator

Jan 17, 2017
Real Name
john mundy
Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies...been busy as hell with installations and repairs so haven’t had time to even look at it yet. Used my portable for the past couple jobs and I don’t miss those days! I will try to do these tests today and give some feedback...

gtech12v

Dec 2, 2008
California
Real Name
Gerson Anaya
Business Location
United States
you can jump-start the starter by using a wire between the main starter power big red wire and the solenoid

Jan 17, 2017
Real Name
john mundy
Thanks for the replies again, I actually just got around to fixing it yesterday. My friend came over with a battery tester and the battery came back at 11 volts but when he put a load on it it dropped to 0 so just went out and spent $30 on a new one battery and she’s back up and running.

I ended up overlooking the battery bc it would not jump. I thought all batteries can come back to life with a jump but I guess I was wrong.