Truckmount as pressure washer | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Truckmount as pressure washer

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Yup, I’ve been doing it for years.
Do you have a clutch on your blower Todd? I don't and I was wondering if anyone has a way to disengage the blower.
I was thinking of something like a rider lawnmower has with a lever pulley system?

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
Do you have a clutch on your blower Todd? I don't and I was wondering if anyone has a way to disengage the blower.
I was thinking of something like a rider lawnmower has with a lever pulley system?
A blower is a high load on a clutch. They do make electrically closed clutches that could withstand it but generally it wouldn't be done because 1. They are costly and 2. A blower generally will outlast by far any other component of the system. They generally just don't care how many hours they run (assuming they are even just minimally cared for)

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
A blower is a high load on a clutch. They do make electrically closed clutches that could withstand it but generally it wouldn't be done because 1. They are costly and 2. A blower generally will outlast by far any other component of the system. They generally just don't care how many hours they run (assuming they are even just minimally cared for)
Yup, I was just thinking about fuel savings when pressure washing w/o recovery

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
No, but I do lift the lid off the tank which removes the load from the blower

Reactions: alexus

pressurecoach

Sep 28, 2019
Fairport, NY
www.pressurecoach.com
Real Name
Pressure Caoch
Business Location
United States
Anyone else use their setup to pressure wash as well?

View attachment 73893 View attachment 73894 View attachment 73895
It seems like pressure washer manufacturers are competing with one another about who has the most powerful unit, but many of them completely ignore the fact that people need a small, compact pressure washer for simple cleaning.

Fortunately, there are two or three brands that have perceived the need, and we've led tests trying to locate the best convenient weight washer for the family. Check Out Details Now!

http://www.pressurecoach.com/best-cordless-pressure-washers/

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I didn't even think about that Todd...granted I really don't enjoy the thought of using my TM as a pressure washer either lol.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Most truckmounts are horrible at pressure washing g. If it has less than 3 gallons per minute then dont bother. A few obviously are set up for it. Just because your unit says says 3000psi doesnt mean it has the volume to pressure wash.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
5 gallons per minute is minimum for real work
3.5 is struggling and taking time .
Yup, nothing beats gpm for pressure washing.
It's like chipping an ice block with a paper clip, sure you can get it done but it takes forever.
I also found that p/w is such a low entry / low skill service the profitability is also very low unless you have a super efficient rig.

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I have one pressure washing job a year for a buisness I do janitorial for. No one in my town does it. They asked me, and I said 1200 bucks. I rent a scissor lift and it takes me 7 hrs. 1k profit in one day. Do it twice a year. I've been using a homeowner style pressure washer but looking to get something in the 4-5 gal per min range. Looking at the newest harbor frieght model that is 4.2. Not bad for a once a year job. Not a pro model, but it should work.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Just buy a nice pressure washer. It’s ridiculous to put those extra hours on a $26k plus machine just to pressure wash.