Truckmount 2008 Blueline Bluewave | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Truckmount 2008 Blueline Bluewave

Ezdust

May 21, 2020
Real Name
Gadiel Torres
Hi I’m new and this forums I have one question I am trying to start the carpet cleaning business and they are offering me this system for $9000 with the van included
2008 Blueline Bluewave
only 362 hours on it
31 HP
49 Blower
405CFM
Dual Want

Comes with:
fresh water tank
4 jet wand,vavuum reel with 150ft of solution & 150 of vacuum.
Waste Tank

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
I would ask why so few hours on a 12 year old machine. What type of make, year and mileage on the van?

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
The cfm's seem low for the size engine and a 49 blower. Should be closer to 500. Have you inspected the machine? Any pictures?

Ezdust

May 21, 2020
Real Name
Gadiel Torres
You think the miles for the Blueline have already been erased and started again, Sorry for my question but I ask because I don't have much knowledge about that machine.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
You think the miles for the Blueline have already been erased and started again, Sorry for my question but I ask because I don't have much knowledge about that machine.
Could be that the meter has been replaced or doesn't work properly. Just to put the hours and age in perspective. 12 years @ 362 hours equals 30 hrs per year, 2.5 hrs per month and .5 hrs per week.
If you figure the average CC job is about 1.5 hrs on the machine then it should raise an eyebrow.
The machine is a work horse. Is that spray foam insulation on the walls of the van?

Ezdust

May 21, 2020
Real Name
Gadiel Torres
Is that spray foam insulation on the walls of the van?yes

According to them they bought the equipment to work on Water damage restoration But it did not work and they have the bench stopped and they bought a small electric machine

Ezdust

May 21, 2020
Real Name
Gadiel Torres
Another question, do you think there is still a business in carpet cleaning? I am in NJ

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Is that spray foam insulation on the walls of the van?yes

According to them they bought the equipment to work on Water damage restoration But it did not work and they have the bench stopped and they bought a small electric machine
What do you mean about "bench stopped and they bought a small electric machine?

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Another question, do you think there is still a business in carpet cleaning? I am in NJ
Yes, it's up to you. You just need to address what type of market your after. I don't do apts or multi story units mostly single family homes and property mgrs that deal with residential home rentals.

Ezdust

May 21, 2020
Real Name
Gadiel Torres
they bought the equipment in 2008 to expand their carpet washing business but the demand for their business was higher and according to them they did not have time to do the carpet cleaning

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
For the price, as long as it’s working well it’s a good deal. Even if you have to put a few bucks into it. I’d buy it. Bit would take it to a dealer and have it looked at.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
It is honestly not a true dual wand machine so I would only use it as a single wand. The Blue Line Blue Waves have a good track record but keep in mind they are no longer in production so parts are harder to find.

The pump seals will most likely be bad - I'd honestly just replace the pump. I'd also be concerned about the heat exchanger having hard deposit build up, but you could always replace that as well.

For $9,000 if you're willing to turn the wrench it's not a bad deal. It looks good for being 12 years old so I don't doubt the low hours.

Also the catalytic converters on the Blue Line's tend to get clogged up, something else to check out.

Ezdust

May 21, 2020
Real Name
Gadiel Torres
I was considering ESCAPE ETM-MX-115 ELECTRIC, to start with I have a 2004 GMC safari van with 143,000 miles, but in doubt which one would be more convenient since it has a warranty and has up to 800 psi

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
You won't ever need more than 500 PSI for carpet cleaning. Honestly 800 PSI isn't going to do you much good on Tile, you'll still have to scrub it.