Truckmount 12v APO | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Truckmount 12v APO

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I am tired of replacing the impaler in my Jabsco pump, its casing is brass and now it leaks big time but I don’t want to get the same one.
What are you guys using?

Dougknowseldiablos

Sep 16, 2019
Real Name
doug ehnes
Over the years my customers seemed to have the best luck with the comet pumpout. I saw those in for repair less than any thing else. Swapped out a guys Jabsco for a comet years ago on a power clean rig. He is still truckin.

Reactions: Rico1

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I think some members built their own, @Bob Savage designed it and shared it but if am not mistaken it’s a 110v, I’d love to build a 12v one, hopefully someone who’s built one will chime in.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
It may be worth it to look up the one they make at the Janitors Closet. I got one and LOVE it. You can back flush it to keep it clean without going into the waste tank! Harry built it.

BTW, my last TM had a Comet. Works great when the springs in the check valves arent full of sh*t. Gotta go in and clean them all the time. Hated it. Also takes up room in the van.

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
It may be worth it to look up the one they make at the Janitors Closet. I got one and LOVE it. You can back flush it to keep it clean without going into the waste tank! Harry built it.

BTW, my last TM had a Comet. Works great when the springs in the check valves arent full of sh*t. Gotta go in and clean them all the time. Hated it. Also takes up room in the van.
What’s it called so I can look it up?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Darn It!

I am suppose to post My home made pump out ( not from scratch)

I Spent less than $300.00
I am going on 2 Years with the setup. Looks very clean and it does not clog or burn out. So far so good only thing I do is rinse my tank only and not the pump, and this thing runs on 12v and does not need a inverted or extension cord, runs off of TM power. Its not even inside the tank and NO tiny check valves. can pump out up to 10 feet above ground level going up, I have run 50 feet on level ground with no problem, empties pretty fast. pumps without any issues using spinner on tile.

I need to post pictures, I just cannot understand why no one has done it this way.

...I should sell the blue prints

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
does any one have the link to @Bob Savage APO thread/post?
I can’t find it myself for the life of me.

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Darn It!

I am suppose to post My home made pump out ( not from scratch)

I Spent less than $300.00
I am going on 2 Years with the setup. Looks very clean and it does not clog or burn out. So far so good only thing I do is rinse my tank only and not the pump, and this thing runs on 12v and does not need a inverted or extension cord, runs off of TM power. Its not even inside the tank and NO tiny check valves. can pump out up to 10 feet above ground level going up, I have run 50 feet on level ground with no problem, empties pretty fast. pumps without any issues using spinner on tile.

I need to post pictures, I just cannot understand why no one has done it this way.

...I should sell the blue prints
I just saw your post right now. I’d love to see some photos and learn more details if you don’t mind sharing.

Ed Weaver

Dec 17, 2018
Real Name
Ed Weaver
Been using this one for about 2 years. Only problem was someone didn't open the valve on the end of the hose and it broke the rod. It even has a check valve.

sunrisecarpet951

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
I also built one myself. I run without a inline filter so I went with an 1 1/2 inch sump pump and push out solids up to 3/4 of inch without an issue. Mine is 120v hooked up to a deep cycle batter with an inverter

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I’ve done some googling and there are some pump outs being offered for more than $2k.
Some of these manufacturers and distributors really try to rape us cleaners.

Reactions: sbsscn