Truck Mounts with clutches / leave on to avoid it going out ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Truck Mounts with clutches / leave on to avoid it going out ?

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Would you think it's best just to leave the clutch on full time even on start ups to avoid having it go out ?
I'm sure the wear and tear turning it on and off while running does take a toll of them and will eventually cause it to not work .
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS QUESTION ?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I think I replaced one clutch in all the years I had a TM

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I've never seen a clutch go out even on machines with 3000+ hours. And that's with them being turned on and off 5-10 times a day every day.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I always turn mine off at shut down after I throttle down and on at low rpm at start up. I agree with Jim and Bob. They're really durable. I leave mine off with the water box drained when doing extended flood extraction only.

Reactions: Joe cool

Kxp

Nov 28, 2017
Real Name
Kenneth Pena
I have one for sale brand new in box.

Jimbo Williams

May 11, 2009
NC
precisionsteamcleaning.com
Real Name
Jim Williams
Business Location
United States
I think the idea of starting the machine with it off is to put less strain on the starter.

If a clutch ever does go out and you need a quick fix the Cat pump and possibly the Emporor have threaded holes that you can insert screws in on the pulley and the clutch is permanently engaged.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I think the idea of starting the machine with it off is to put less strain on the starter.

If a clutch ever does go out and you need a quick fix the Cat pump and possibly the Emporor have threaded holes that you can insert screws in on the pulley and the clutch is permanently engaged.
Great info! thank you.

Reactions: Jimbo Williams