Truck mount layout!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Truck mount layout!!

DistinctlyClean

Oct 2, 2017
Real Name
Johnathan Thompson
I am looking to get another van added to my fleet. Just looking for pictures of van design and layouts. Also what make/model of van has worked best for everyone. Thanks

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I will say that if you are going to be the guy working on it, don't put hose reels right next to it like a water pond. Many times I even remove the front seats with just 4 nuts each for better access to the TM for repairs.

Reactions: DistinctlyClean

manbearpig

Mar 17, 2017
Real Name
Mike Pollock
I am looking to get another van added to my fleet. Just looking for pictures of van design and layouts. Also what make/model of van has worked best for everyone. Thanks
Here's mine. Tall roof transit long extended. Dry easy access in and out for tall guys, I'm 6'7" and can stand up with 2" to spare. I'm not sure what the mid roof height is inside. The narrow hose reels mounted off the ground are nice for sure.

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.

I am getting great gas mileage with my new Transit 250 ecoboost.
What's the height from ground to roof? I really like these vans but not sure if it'll fit in my garage?

Jay@TITAN

Sep 7, 2017
Long Beach
Real Name
Jay
Business Location
United States
This is my 2017 Ford Transit 250 medium roof .
I just bought the same van for my Titan 575. I was thinking of using the mat also but not before i Line-x the van. did you line-x that floor at least? if not are you not worried about rust or mildew/mold?

Jay@TITAN

Sep 7, 2017
Long Beach
Real Name
Jay
Business Location
United States
Here's mine. Tall roof transit long extended. Dry easy access in and out for tall guys, I'm 6'7" and can stand up with 2" to spare. I'm not sure what the mid roof height is inside. The narrow hose reels mounted off the ground are nice for sure.
What's happening to your floor is the reason I line-x in light gray. hides all he chemical spills well. what did you spend to spray the whole thing? I'm getting mine sprayed half way up tomorrow morning for 1K, might be worth doing the whole thing.. said it'd only be like 300-400 more.

tonyk

Sep 25, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
Anthony Kim
Business Location
United States
I just bought the same van for my Titan 575. I was thinking of using the mat also but not before i Line-x the van. did you line-x that floor at least? if not are you not worried about rust or mildew/mold?
Bed liner was the 1st thing I got done before I installed the machine in it.

manbearpig

Mar 17, 2017
Real Name
Mike Pollock
What's happening to your floor is the reason I line-x in light gray. hides all he chemical spills well. what did you spend to spray the whole thing? I'm getting mine sprayed half way up tomorrow morning for 1K, might be worth doing the whole thing.. said it'd only be like 300-400 more.
Do the whole thing! Ceiling and all. All of my vans on the past gradually develop some rust on the ceiling. The linex stops that. I'll have to try light gray next time. The black looks like that in a week or two. Doing the whole van saves he linex guys some prep work as well. Install a piece of angle iron to keep moisture from entering the cab and have them spray over it. The work master vans don't require it since the cab sits higher. I think every other van need it

Jay@TITAN

Sep 7, 2017
Long Beach
Real Name
Jay
Business Location
United States
Do the whole thing! Ceiling and all. All of my vans on the past gradually develop some rust on the ceiling. The linex stops that. I'll have to try light gray next time. The black looks like that in a week or two. Doing the whole van saves he linex guys some prep work as well. Install a piece of angle iron to keep moisture from entering the cab and have them spray over it. The work master vans don't require it since the cab sits higher. I think every other van need it
Yeah, for sure go light gray. Cost an extra 400 to add color tho which is a bummer but I'd say it's worth it. I'm paying 1200 just for the bottom half of the van in light gray. Going to see how much more it'd be to do the whole thing.

I've already got my 3" x 1/4" steel installed and sealed ready to be line x too.

Reactions: manbearpig

Jay@TITAN

Sep 7, 2017
Long Beach
Real Name
Jay
Business Location
United States
Bed liner was the 1st thing I got done before I installed the machine in it.
Aren't you worried about possible mold from locked in moister? The fabric that's attached to that mat will probably hold on to water/bacteria and start growing mold?

I was planning on using mine but only in the rear for loading machines and rolling them around easier, but I'm going to be able to just pull it out. It appears you installed your reel and machine over this mat?

tonyk

Sep 25, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
Anthony Kim
Business Location
United States
Aren't you worried about possible mold from locked in moister? The fabric that's attached to that mat will probably hold on to water/bacteria and start growing mold?

I was planning on using mine but only in the rear for loading machines and rolling them around easier, but I'm going to be able to just pull it out. It appears you installed your reel and machine over this mat?
Here's a better picture where you can see how I laid the rubber mat.

Reactions: Jay@TITAN