Tripping breakers :(

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
Sell that overpriced rotovac and use the money to get a crb. A crb/wand combo beats any rotovac. I've seen pictures of rotovac in action, and it does do a good job. But using the crb while the portable is off is smarter and gives the prespray more dwell time, and pulls up more debris in the carpet than any rotovac, and it doesn't put those stupid swirly marks in the carpet. A crb/wand process makes the carpet have that new look again, as long as those stupid triangle rob wannabe marks AREN'T in the carpet. Do you want the carpet to look like it was cleaned, or do you want it to look new again???

I don't know anything about how portables are tripping breakers, because I've had a tm my whole time in this business, so I hope this fixes your problem.

Crb plus rotovac is even better if you can use in that situation

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Y u b tripping?

Reactions: Rory henderson

IsaiahT

Jul 10, 2017
Real Name
Isaiah Tichenor
Sell that overpriced rotovac and use the money to get a crb. A crb/wand combo beats any rotovac. I've seen pictures of rotovac in action, and it does do a good job. But using the crb while the portable is off is smarter and gives the prespray more dwell time, and pulls up more debris in the carpet than any rotovac, and it doesn't put those stupid swirly marks in the carpet. A crb/wand process makes the carpet have that new look again, as long as those stupid triangle rob wannabe marks AREN'T in the carpet. Do you want the carpet to look like it was cleaned, or do you want it to look new again???

I don't know anything about how portables are tripping breakers, because I've had a tm my whole time in this business, so I hope this fixes your problem.

My "overpriced" rotovac cost a fraction of a CRB because i bought it from a guy who was paying it forward, and sold it for $350. As for the swirly marks I have my employee groom the carpets after they're cleaned, so there are never any marks from my wand or Rotovac.

IsaiahT

Jul 10, 2017
Real Name
Isaiah Tichenor
You can get a power box that will plug into a dyrer or rang vent. It will reduce the 240 volt of those outlets to multiple 120 volt circuits.

This will give you 2 20 amp circuits from one range or dryer plug. You will need to buy the adapter cord separately. Which one you need depends upon if you have 3 prong, 4 prong outlets or both in your area.

https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AC8391
This is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks for that solution!

Reactions: Scott W

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
ted-weed-cereal-breakfast-meme.jpg

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
This is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks for that solution!

Slow down dude.

That's not what you are looking for.

Can we all stop the madness?

I would rather not subscribe any solutions that do not address the fundamental flaws of the situation to begin with.

First issue is that the OP may not know his numbers regarding his equipment, and may not have a full understanding of how those numbers relate to common electrical services.

Just the sense I get.

Second, running a heated porty and a RE on a portable is a poor choice for anyone who does not have ample experience and understanding of the process.

Foolish to ignore the obvious, and think that the best solution is to try to better provide additional power to the system.

Forget the heat.....scrub....use the right chemistry, and keep your set-up simple.

Your goal for your "standard", everyday set-up, should be one that allows you to work problem-free and efficiently on 90% of your gigs.

Once you establish this, playing with additional components is a lot easier.

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
Remove the heater from your portable to make it líghter. Just use hot tap water. A bigger expense but I like to use a Honda eu2000i generator to be sure I don’t trip breakers. I use the pump and vac cord on the generator. I’m looking forward to using my TM less and use portable more often.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Worked on a portable awhile back, that had a different kind of set up to heat up the water that might be helpful. He put the hot tap water into the tank, then if he knew that amps was going to be an issue he had a short piece of hose with I think it was a #3 jet on the end. He connected to the sol outlet put the end with the jet in the tank. Then turned on the heater and the pump to heat up the water. Then turned the heater off while cleaning. Just thought it was thinking out of the Bx.

Reactions: vibra vacster

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Worked on a portable awhile back, that had a different kind of set up to heat up the water that might be helpful. He put the hot tap water into the tank, then if he knew that amps was going to be an issue he had a short piece of hose with I think it was a #3 jet on the end. He connected to the sol outlet put the end with the jet in the tank. Then turned on the heater and the pump to heat up the water. Then turned the heater off while cleaning. Just thought it was thinking out of the Bx.
You'd just have to be careful that you don't get the water in the tank too hot. The pump can only handle so much heat.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
For sure about the heat. But if tap is 120 and you can get 150 or 160 which is what a bucket heater cuts off at then cut off the heater for a lower amp draw.