Travertine

Adrian1254

Jul 4, 2017
Real Name
raymond kester
Anyone ever cleaned travertine with grout master. If so what are the do and do not? And any other suggestions? Thanks for

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I have never used Grout Master on travertine, but it should be OK if ti is rinsed well. It certainly cleans good.

My preference is to use a product made for stone that has no chelating agent. Spinergy Stone Perfect is my choice. But, if you have Grout Master and don't do stone often enough to get a product just for stone, then use Grout Master. Rinse well with water.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Of the floor isn't too soiled then mix GM at 1-2 scoops per gallon Vs 2-3 like usual

Reactions: Adrian1254

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I just did 1000 sq. Ft. Of travertine. If you have any Harvard retailers new you, they make a product for travertine called 1shot. Works great.
Biggest problem I had with travertine, is it didn't absorb as much sealer as I would have thought. I had to go back and buff it with a white polishing pad to get the excess sealer off.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
We did this one yesterday, customer did not want a high shine so we honed it (which really cleans the heck out of it and makes it a natural matte finish. Used a microfiber mop to spread a clear water base sealer, then buffed with a white pad.
. Who ever did it in the past used that 511 crap, I am not a fan of it.

Reactions: Scott W