Totaled my Van | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Totaled my Van

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
Hi Guys, I totaled my beloved Ford Van, I was rushing around and I hoped out while it was not in park, (extremely careless) and it rolled over a hill and was wrecked.

Been a hard week, looks like I will end up buying a new Butler to get back on line.

My van was insured and will be covered. My machine is covered but the adjusters are debating weather it’s covered with the van or as a separate item, I had a 30,000 ryder in my policy for “off premise tools and equipment” that I paid $475 a year for. It was there for the purpose of the machine.

If anyone else has advice about navigating the process I would appreciate it, also. I would like to buy back if possible.

And if you want to rip me for being a fool, feel free.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
It was bolted to the floor of the van, should be covered with the van least thats how they did mine when one of my guys wrecked it.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
It might not be covered because you were at fault ?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
same here. had an older van with truckmount in prime condition. they were going to total it but had to take into consideration the value of the van AND TM since it is bolted to the van which makes it part of the van. They did pay for the repairs and all was good.