Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Powermax is good stuff...what are you rinsing it with?
Just for the record, I am testing all the products with clear water rinse first. Then using acid, then alkaline.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
After preliminary tests (still waiting on 5) only 15 products scored higher than 50% appearance improvement on polyester carpet.

Reactions: M.Nelson

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
LA's & Tide beat out all DIY products like simple green, greased lightning and other degreasers scoring 50% or less. Foam & film downfall of OTC products. Confirms why we should avoid OTC products.

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
I don't like hauling around a wet smelly carpet in my van. I use the carpet trick at home. The 10 inch model bunches up small area rugs if I'm not careful. I'm guessing the wider models work more effectively on smaller rugs.
Get a storage bin with a deep lid, take the lid off, flip it upside down, put the CRB in the lid and fill with hot water, turn CRB.... use vac hose to suck up the dirty water.....

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I just turn the water hose that I use for my pump and make a puddle hair goop and what not flushes away. My only malfunction is winding up the cord before I've flushed the brushes. Today I remembered and it was good.

Reactions: thecarpetguy123

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Just for the record, I am testing all the products with clear water rinse first. Then using acid, then alkaline.
While you are certainly making a noble effort it doesn't seem you realize what you are trying to undertake, and just how large of a study you would need to conduct in order to produce any sort of truly meaningful data.

It's really not as simple as people think.

Reactions: Richard Trevino

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Taking this test with a grain of salt. Having said that, Traffic slam? Citragreen?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Taking this test with a grain of salt. Having said that, Traffic slam? Citragreen?
I have and have tested Traffic Slam. I do not have Citra-Green or even ever heard of it. Can you send me a sample Jose?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
While you are certainly making a noble effort it doesn't seem you realize what you are trying to undertake, and just how large of a study you would need to conduct in order to produce any sort of truly meaningful data.

It's really not as simple as people think.
Probably true to a degree. However since i initiated this several chemists have reached out to me and offered input to step the test up. That is why I am calling the 1st test "preliminary" as the next test will be much more comprehensive.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Probably true to a degree. However since i initiated this several chemists have reached out to me and offered input to step the test up. That is why I am calling the 1st test "preliminary" as the next test will be much more comprehensive.
You still aren't understanding. It would be a full time job to complete a comprehensive study. Doing what you are currently doing is pissing in the wind. Using a "clear water," "acid rinse," and "alkaline rinse" basically undermines your entire study implying all water and rinses are created equal when they are not. If that were true for rinses it would be true for presprays as well. This is basically wasting your time and fooling yourself and others into thinking you are generating meaningful information.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
You still aren't understanding. It would be a full time job to complete a comprehensive study. Doing what you are currently doing is pissing in the wind. Using a "clear water," "acid rinse," and "alkaline rinse" basically undermines your entire study implying all water and rinses are created equal when they are not. If that were true for rinses it would be true for presprays as well. This is basically wasting your time and fooling yourself and others into thinking you are generating meaningful information.
I would totally agree with your statements if this were a chemistry forum. But considering that "Joe carpet cleaner" usually grabs a gallon of the "new stuff"; puts it into a pump-up sprayer, and tries it out on the next two jobs to make a determination as to whether it works or not; kinda makes Robs tests somewhat technical in comparison. ONWARD!!! >>>> :)

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I would totally agree with your statements if this were a chemistry forum. But considering that "Joe carpet cleaner" usually grabs a gallon of the "new stuff"; puts it into a pump-up sprayer, and tries it out on the next two jobs to make a determination as to whether it works or not; kinda makes Robs tests somewhat technical in comparison. ONWARD!!! >>>> :)
I cant exactly argue with that, but rob can at this point chose to perpetuate that sort of thought process or attempt to elevate it. If he is going to simply perpetuate this he might as well just go on a job with 50 trigger sprayers and divide a single room among them and then compare and be done in a day.

I told Rob a couple years ago when I suggested he add an educational component to TMF, he has a lot of opportunity to educate the newcomers to the industry. While the "old dogs" may not want to be taught new tricks, the new guys only know the information that is presented to them. If Rob presents a more enlightened viewpoint the newcomers will accept that as the new norm.

But hey what do I know, I was only studying to be a chemistry teacher and have actually taught and tutored chemistry.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I don't have a high school education but I do have a good measure common sense. I will do the best I can with what the good lord gave me and listen to the chemists. Hopefully I'll get better as I move on. For now, I can see a viable difference between them

zigdog

Jan 20, 2011
Southern California
www.goodfaithcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Tony H.
Business Location
United States
I think sometimes education can get in the way of real world solutions to problems. Personally, I don't give a s--- about the chemistry of the products I use. I don't think most of us here do. Who needs a full time study on the interaction of presprays and rinses. All I care about is which product does a better job cleaning carpets. If Rob does a test of presprays, I for one trust his common sense to conduct the test in such a way as to fairly compare dozens of products. I'll leave the details to the chemists. That being said, if TMF's products finish 1-2-3, I may be a little skeptical. Thanks for taking the time Rob.