Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I can only say, complaining that the Rug Doctor rated high given its intended performance and use compared to a more professional machine which has a completely different intended performance and use, is a bit like complaining that a Maybach doesn't out-perform a fishing boat.

I've said before that a professional with a Rug Doctor will get better results than a homeowner with a truckmount, and I stand by that. Knowing the limitations and expectations of the machine with which you are dealing goes a long way toward getting expected or better-than-expected results.

For being the little "George Foreman grill wanna-be" that it is, the Rug Doctor rated high with the CRI because of its low power draw and dB level, as well as its soil-removal and appearance-correction performance when used according to directions.

This should in no way be taken to indicate that it's "as good as" a more powerful, bigger, noisier, gasoline-powered unit that could suck a bowling ball up the wand tube.
I could swallow this better if they hadn't said "your machine did not make a rating at all". Well allrighty then.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
....Why they've been around so long? A couple reasons I can think of but there are more I suppose.

I would love to actually hear those reasons, Ed. Seriously.

I ask because I have found the complete opposite. So have thousands of others. But please do not mistake what I am saying for a recommendation as a substitute for a professional machine. Far from it. I'm simply calling it as I see it. But maybe we see things differently.

I can tell you this though...I've owned two of those 3 gallon spotter extractors from Jon Don (Sandia). One heated, the other not. Now THOSE are total pieces of garbage.

Reactions: Common janitor

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
I lost a lot of respect for the CRI when they vouched for the Rug Doctor like that.
Because we've " been around " our perspective is a lot different than the average consumer . We take these " endorsements " with a " grain of salt " where the consumer won't . Disheartening , but ......... That's the way of the world .
All the Best, Ed

Reactions: rob allen

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Rob is going to a lot of trouble , time and expense to do this testing and others are contributing as well . Those who have read his results so far have learned a couple things and some long held beliefs may be proven differently . He's doing a great service that I'm sure will help a lot of cleaners make decisions about what they use . This is especially helpful to the new people joining this industry and may save them time and money trying a bunch of stuff that gives disappointing results . Seems to me people should be grateful he's taken this project on . JMHO.
All the Best , Ed

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Rob is going to a lot of trouble , time and expense to do this testing and others are contributing as well . Those who have read his results so far have learned a couple things and some long held beliefs may be proven differently . He's doing a great service that I'm sure will help a lot of cleaners make decisions about what they use . This is especially helpful to the new people joining this industry and may save them time and money trying a bunch of stuff that gives disappointing results . Seems to me people should be grateful he's taken this project on . JMHO.
All the Best , Ed
Couldn't have said it better sir.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
All the Best , Ed

We said, Ed. You nailed it. (y)

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
doesnt the rug dr have a rotating brush? that would make it out perform a lot of portables with a basic stainless wand.... but still very slow and lots of empty and refills
No. The Rug Doctor has a vibrating brush. The C4 has the rotating cylindrical brush.

Probably why more woman prefer it over the C4. :LOL:

Reactions: jwargo1967

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
doesnt the rug dr have a rotating brush? that would make it out perform a lot of portables with a basic stainless wand.... but still very slow and lots of empty and refills

When you have a vacuum slot/shoe mere inches from the vac motor, you should, could and do have greater water/soil recovery. It's just common sense. That's why carpets cleaned with a Rug Doctor dry so fast. (or any walk behind for that matter. assuming they are all used equally correct of course)

It's the same reason why you should always keep your vacuum hose free of coils because a coiled hose will lose CFMs resulting in reduced air flow.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I would love to actually hear those reasons, Ed. Seriously.

I ask because I have found the complete opposite. So have thousands of others. But please do not mistake what I am saying for a recommendation as a substitute for a professional machine. Far from it. I'm simply calling it as I see it. But maybe we see things differently.

I can tell you this though...I've owned two of those 3 gallon spotter extractors from Jon Don (Sandia). One heated, the other not. Now THOSE are total pieces of garbage.
Well 1 being that they've told the public that that weak machine will actually do a deep clean. Another being that that weak ass unit can give you the same clean as hiring a professional. 3 being somewhere around 70% of consumers will never have they're carpeting cleaned by a professional but may want to have clean carpet so they convince them it's cheaper to get comparable results. I've used that Kent machine a bunch of times. If you run into a dense carpet with crud coating the fiber down to to and including the backing your fugged. it is just good for light maintenance on the fiber face. Just like your buffer

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Rob did a video years ago comparing the Dirt Doctor on the same piece a carpet using a TM the crooked ass CRI prolly rated lower than the Doc. See for yourself.

Reactions: admin

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Well 1 being that they've told the public that that weak machine will actually do a deep clean. Another being that that weak ass unit can give you the same clean as hiring a professional. 3 being somewhere around 70% of consumers will never have they're carpeting cleaned by a professional but may want to have clean carpet so they convince them it's cheaper to get comparable results. I've used that Kent machine a bunch of times. If you run into a dense carpet with crud coating the fiber down to to and including the backing your fugged. it is just good for light maintenance on the fiber face. Just like your buffer
You're so incredibly DEAD WRONG about my "Buffer" you don't even know it, Ed.
I can tell you this with complete confidence....YOU have much to learn. MUCH.

And your reasons for not liking the Rug Doctor are also seriously flawed. WOW!

Reactions: Richard Trevino