Top 5 Carpet Cleaning Dangers - *GRAPHIC WARNING* | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Top 5 Carpet Cleaning Dangers - *GRAPHIC WARNING*

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
As cleaners there are dangers we run into every day. Some we realize, and some we don't. Watch as I break down each one down. And like title says, *GRAPHIC WARNING* However I still recommend showing all weather rookie or vet!

Video 2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Prestigecarpetclean

May 10, 2018
Real Name
Jhon
Real eye opener, very good advice, i need to pay attention on less hazardous chems that not only work but protect me and clients cant put a price on health. Cant wait to try black label (package arriving today)

Reactions: rob allen

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
For you cleaners that use a portable all the time...

It is a good idea to put a portable exhaust out side. You can park a portable in a closed off room with a exhaust fan, or keep the portable carpet cleaner out side.
Either park a portable in a room with fan, keep it out side or use a hose to vent the portable exhaust in a room with fan or use the hose to exhaust the portables exhaust out side.

With all that moisture and heat from a portables exhaust, and maybe some chemical vapors or atomized chemical droplets in exhaust. There may also be small amounts of mold or bacteria that goes in to the invironments air.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prestigecarpetclean

Prestigecarpetclean

May 10, 2018
Real Name
Jhon
It is a good idea to put a portable exhaust out side. You can park a portable in a closed off room with a exhaust fan, or keep the portable carpet cleaner out side.
Either park a portable in a room with fan, keep it out side or use a hose to vent the portable exhaust in a room with fan or use the hose to exhaust the portables exhaust out side.

With all that moisture, heat and maybe some chems, mold or bacteria goes in to the air.
Would the cm be issue with portables? Ive heard bacteria/chem can come through the exhaust i try keeping porty outside or aim exhaust towards screen door or open window, but there are times that's not an option (hotel) that have close door policy and no open windows

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Would the cm be issue with portables? Ive heard bacteria/chem can come through the exhaust i try keeping porty outside or aim exhaust towards screen door or open window, but there are times that's not an option (hotel) that have close door policy and no open windows
What is CM?

Use a large filter over your exhaust, like a hevy duty cloth bag, that would help with noise too.
Or use a hose to vent in a bathroom and turn on the fan. The exhaust hose, if it has small ID compared to your main hose inside dimension and has a long run, it may reduce air flow a bit.

Prestigecarpetclean

May 10, 2018
Real Name
Jhon
Carbon monoxide might be a stupid question i know gas powered machines produce cm, is there any danger from a porty exaust ect

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Carbon monoxide might be a stupid question i know gas powered machines produce cm, is there any danger from a porty exaust ect
Carbon dust from the motors brushes is all.
No carbon monoxide if you run from a homes electric system.
Carbon monoxide only comes from combustion systems, like gas engines, propane water heater fuels, and your grill for cooking.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
This link should be posted here.

Supper graphic.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Just wanted to add for the carbon monoxide, close the windows as cleaning because imagine a baby is sleeping inside a bedroom with wide open windows.
Agree. We like close windows and cut ac or heat on for best drying results we tell client.