Tool for someone clever to design

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
Has anyone noticed the need for a good grout sealer tool. The nearly $100 grout stick is asinine. It has a 1/4 turn ball valve you use to shut off the water to your house. Yeah, that's really gonna control the flow of a watery sealer.
I've use one called the grout wand. About $16 that has the right idea, but made too cheaply to work. It has a little wheel on the bottom, and when you press down, it depresses a spring, which opens the flow..
Problem is, the components are too cheap to seat properly when you reach the end of a grout line.. so it drips all,over, and drips heavily. more like runs.
If someone could make this same type design with not cheap plastic, but quality components, it would be a great tool..
Or the other type that has the stupid ball valve, with a precision, needle valve, that would work as well.
Tool for Rob?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Has anyone noticed the need for a good grout sealer tool. The nearly $100 grout stick is asinine. It has a 1/4 turn ball valve you use to shut off the water to your house. Yeah, that's really gonna control the flow of a watery sealer.
I've use one called the grout wand. About $16 that has the right idea, but made too cheaply to work. It has a little wheel on the bottom, and when you press down, it depresses a spring, which opens the flow..
Problem is, the components are too cheap to seat properly when you reach the end of a grout line.. so it drips all,over, and drips heavily. more like runs.
If someone could make this same type design with not cheap plastic, but quality components, it would be a great tool..
Or the other type that has the stupid ball valve, with a precision, needle valve, that would work as well.
Tool for Rob?

There is a good tool called Grout Sealer Pro or something similar. Jim MArtin makes this in Arizona. I think the cost is around $200.

A better grout sealing tool is on the list of thigns I would like to develop at Hydro-Force. BUt the cost would be at least $150. I aqm not sure there would be that many customers ready to pay that for a grout sealing tool.

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
There is a good tool called Grout Sealer Pro or something similar. Jim MArtin makes this in Arizona. I think the cost is around $200.

A better grout sealing tool is on the list of thigns I would like to develop at Hydro-Force. BUt the cost would be at least $150. I aqm not sure there would be that many customers ready to pay that for a grout sealing tool.

I have two grout sealer pros, I love them!

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I was actually just talking to someone about this earlier today. We had the thought that it could incorporate the 3M wax applicator system. Just with some type of roller on the end of the pole instead of the flatmop.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Tool for Rob?

I made my own, originally I had the ball valve but like you say it's hard to adjust. I switched it out for a metering valve like you use to meter last step chem injection. I got the clear pipe from Home Depot, you have to order it online as it's not carried in stores.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Formufit-1...Sch-40-PVC-Pipe-in-Clear-P012FGP-UV/206028369

I ordered the metering valve on eBay for $11

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337618551&icep_item=322094794998

Then you get the 1/2 inch pvc fitting with a slip joint on one side and 1/2 inch pipe thread on the other, a 1/2 to 1/4 brass bushing, and any other brass needed to make the connection.

Then all you need is a barb on the other end that you can stick a toothbrush on. I can't remember the size, I'll go to home depot tomorrow and look.

Total cost on making the stick is about $40-50.

1487996966_zpskedbc9br.jpg

1487997018_zpsay2jj9yd.jpg

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I made my own, originally I had the ball valve but like you say it's hard to adjust. I switched it out for a metering valve like you use to meter last step chem injection. I got the clear pipe from Home Depot, you have to order it online as it's not carried in stores.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Formufit-1...Sch-40-PVC-Pipe-in-Clear-P012FGP-UV/206028369

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337618551&icep_item=322094794998

Then you get the 1/2 inch pvc fitting with a slip joint on one side and 1/2 inch pipe thread on the other, a 1/2 to 1/4 brass bushing, and any other brass needed to make the connection.

Then all you need is a barb on the other end that you can stick a toothbrush on. I can't remember the size, I'll go to home depot tomorrow and look.

Nice job Todd...you ARE a creative One.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

How much to make me one and send it to me? You make it sound easy but if I bought the parts they would be sitting in the garage and forgotten, I bought a headlight to change on my van 2 weeks ago and found it under the seat of my van yesterday.
I have a bunch of things I need to get done but between my wife, little boy and my 2 older kids that moved in with us I just don't have the free time I used to.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Tool for Rob?

I just made a thread with a video showing everything you need to make your own grout stick and how to put it together: https://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/how-to-make-your-own-grout-sealing-stick-2017-model.99840/

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I took a 3" paint roller, gave it a Mohawk with my clippers so there was only about an inch wide furry strip.
Screwed on to my extender paint pole.
Dipped it in sealer and rolled out the lines.
Flat mopped excess after it soaked in.

Went really fast and didn't waste product.

Can't imagine anything would work better

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
d

does it work good straight up and down like that or could you put a slant in it?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States

i'd pay it for one that works. Not pretty well, but really well. Dispenses the sealer, then stops when you want it too.. Good tools are worth it. That ridiculous grout stick with the ball valve is near $100, and it's pretty worthless

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
i'd pay it for one that works. Not pretty well, but really well. Dispenses the sealer, then stops when you want it too.. Good tools are worth it. That ridiculous grout stick with the ball valve is near $100, and it's pretty worthless

The grout sealer pro works great.