Tong Dang Bentley Swivel Wand | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Tong Dang Bentley Swivel Wand

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Polyesters are usually a brighter color as well and you can see the "glitter" is what I call it on the fibers.

Nylon generally duller color and not much wear pattern
Exact.

Lol when I was a noob, I didn't take any carpet cleaning course, I had some experience of cleaning carpets for my dad in my teenage years but didn't know much about carpet types or upholstery types. So here I have started cleaning carpets for my own business, first couple of homes which had nylon turns out very well but the next 4-5 households with ugly worn off cheap poly use to make me work hard, and I am like what the hell, use to question myself how come some carpets came out very easily but some won't and give me the hassles. I started to notice the type of carpet from experience and later on I have done my carpet type research and found out the answer and took my Shaw carpet cleaning course and that cleared up more things for me, taking a training course is must plus experience.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yes, and it's not rocket science, especially with todays chemicals being specific to each fiber type but when I used to run the franchises, even with weeks, months of continuing education it shocked me how many people still couldn't explain to me the difference between a polyester and a nylon. Maybe I was just a bad teacher =(

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Yes, and it's not rocket science, especially with todays chemicals being specific to each fiber type but when I used to run the franchises, even with weeks, months of continuing education it shocked me how many people still couldn't explain to me the difference between a polyester and a nylon. Maybe I was just a bad teacher =(
Hmmm...
First I agree it’s not rocket science. The chems we have today do the heavy lifting I just add the thoroughness. All seem to please customers on all types results are good across the board.

I am certified did go to the iicrc class, even read the book 5-10 times.

and I could try to describe thedifference of poly/nylon but would probably fall short..

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I add the carpet fiber type to the estimate/invoice and point out carpet is being treated to specific to its type. If I didn’t do that would have much less reason to know carpet type.
Obviously being on the lookout for any odd natural carpets that might be out there.

customer told me about the 20 yo wool wall to wall in her daughters bedroom maybe one day soon she will have me back for that job that would be a first.

Latest posts