@Todd the Cleaner is in the hospital. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

@Todd the Cleaner is in the hospital.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I had a similar experience. It was about 10 years ago. I got home about 1 AM from doing a restaurant. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up about an hour later with my heart racing and had excessive sweating. I was on the verge of passing out so I called 911. I thought I was having a heart attack.

By the time ambulance arrived I had started to feel better but they advised me to go to the hospital. After a few hours they put in intensive care. My potassium levels were dangerously low and they didn't know why. They thought I had a problem with my kidneys.

They did every test possible and found no reason for the dangerously low potassium levels.

The doctor came in and talked to me and we figured it out. It was from all the hard work carpet cleaners do and all the sweating from dragging hoses, moving furniture, and pushing that damn wand. I was also playing racquetball 3-4 days a week.

Doctor told me to go home and start drinking gatorade and eat bananas and take better care of myself.

Since then I have had 3 more incidents. They have all come on extremely hot/humid days driving home from working. Each time I felt on the verge of passing out so I pulled off the road and waited until I felt better. One time it took 1 1/2 hours for me to recover enough to continue driving. That time I thought I was going to die in an empty parking lot but I recovered and drove home.

Last edited:

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I had a similar experience. It was about 10 years ago. I got home about 1 AM from doing a restaurant. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up about an hour later with my heart racing and had excessive sweating. I was on the verge of passing out so I called 911. I thought I was having a heart attack.

By the time ambulance arrived I had started to feel better but they advised me to go to the hospital. After a few hours they put in intensive care. My potassium levels were dangerously low and they didn't know why. They thought I had a problem with my kidneys.

They did every test possible and found no reason for the dangerously low potassium levels.

The doctor came in and talked to me and we figured it out. It was from all the hard work carpet cleaners do and all the sweating from dragging hoses, moving furniture, and pushing that damn wand. I was also playing racquetball 3- 4 days a week.

Doctor told me to go home and start drinking gatorade and eat bananas and take better care of myself.

Since then I have had 3 more incidents. They have all come on extremely hot/humid days driving home from working. Each time I felt on the verge of passing out so I pulled off the road and waited until I felt better. One time it took 1 1/2 hours for me to recover enough to continue driving. That time I thought I was going to die in an empty parking lot but I recovered and drove home.
Sounds like what i got. But i dont know what that is lol. I have that vertigo bs too. Doctors yelled at me for driving to the hospital 1st time it happened. So i just dont go anymore. Ive had mri and stress test. Nothing showed up. Ive had this for years now and im not dead. Feels like the lights are going out and you're being pulled to the ground. As for waking up in a panic like you've just ran laps ive had that forever. I found cutting iced tea out and drinking more water keeps it from happening as frequently.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States

The doctor came in and talked to me and we figured it out. It was from all the hard work carpet cleaners do and all the sweating from dragging hoses, moving furniture, and pushing that damn wand. I was also playing racquetball 3-4 days a week.

Just my opinion, but that gatorade advice was idiotic and I'm being nice when I say that. Of course, from what I can tell, most doctors know little to nothing more than we do about nutrition so don't expect great advice on that from your average doctor. They simply aren't trained in nutrition. They are well trained in how to give a pill for this, that, and the other. They are trained to treat symptoms and cut stuff out or off of you but not cure much of anything. Actually read the label on gatorade. That stuff is a joke and a bad joke at that. I'd look into more fruits and vegetables that have potassium and other nutrients and drink plenty of water. If you do drink gatorade get the unsweetened version or don't buy it at all.

Last edited:

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Agreed - its the same old advice you hear consistently but eat the colors of the rainbow everyday and you'll be surprised how much more energy you get. When I say colors of the rainbow I mean natural sources of fruits and veggies.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Agreed - its the same old advice you hear consistently but eat the colors of the rainbow everyday and you'll be surprised how much more energy you get. When I say colors of the rainbow I mean natural sources of fruits and veggies.
Lmfao as im reading this my daughter is downstairs watching tv. And all i hear is her "eat an apple a day and you die anyway".

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Truth though drinking water alone and cutting out sodas teas and coffee makes a world of difference in how you feel. And how your body deals with heat.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yes you will die anyways, but do you want to feel good until then ?
I do feel good. And i dont eat any vegetables. Unless potatoes count. I eat pizza, steak, chicken, turkey, cows, pigs, deer and watermelon, peanuts. Oh and American cheese. And my side is always potatoes.

I just tbought it was funny she said what i would say and she wasnt even in the room lol.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
with all the tests all the doctors are going to find out he needs to drink more water.

get well
You might think.....actually they have me on limited fluids right now and I can only have a quart a day to drink. I’m dying of thirst here.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

I’ve had that happen 3-4 times over the years too. It’s heat exhaustion and dehydration. As busy as we get it’s easy to miss meals and not drink enough. We have to eat and drink on a regular basis while working so this doesn’t happen.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Just my opinion, but that gatorade advice was idiotic and I'm being nice when I say that. Of course, from what I can tell, most doctors know little to nothing more than we do about nutrition so don't expect great advice on that from your average doctor. They simply aren't trained in nutrition. They are well trained in how to give a pill for this, that, and the other. They are trained to treat symptoms and cut stuff out or off of you but not cure much of anything. Actually read the label on gatorade. That stuff is a joke and a bad joke at that. I'd look into more fruits and vegetables that have potassium and other nutrients and drink plenty of water. If you do drink gatorade get the unsweetened version or don't buy it at all.
yes totally agree with Randy here, gatorate is all toxic refined sugar, it may give you energy for a short time but later on you will feel a lot more tired because of the crap in that. Water is the best or may be freshly squeezed fruit juices.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo