Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Been spending lot spare time at my mothers. She is getting extremely weak. I would like to give credit to my youngest sister. She is of little means, lives in next state yet she quit her job and is staying with our mother 24/7 and attending her every need and want. I mean everything, feeding, bathing and dispensing medicines. I plan on helping her out by gifting her when this is all over unbeknownst to her. She is a great daughter and person. I aspire to be more like her.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Sorry to hear Rob. You have been blessed to have had so many good years with your mom. I miss mine every day but try to focus on the 48 years I had with her. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Thank you Jim. It’s been heart wrenching seeing her able to walk around 4 weeks ago to only being able to sit up in the picture above and now she is bed ridden. And you’re right I have to remember I’ve been blessed that she lived 93 years. I’ll work on that but I am coming realize at no matter what age there is never a good time to lose a good parent. My mother was the best parent she could be under the circumstances she found herself under throughout her whole life.

Attachments

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Tonight my mother died with us children holding her hand all day. She was truly was a great person who raised 9 of us children. Entertainers, athletes and musicians many idolize these days could not hold a candle to her.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Grieve not, but smile when thinking of those you loved and lost for that is what they would wish upon their children, is joy in all things.

Sorry for your loss Rob.

Reactions: Ed Valentine

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Im so sorry for your loss brother if you need anything just ask

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Condolences to you and your family ... Rob

I lost my Mother and Father in 2009 and 2012.

Kxp

Nov 28, 2017
Real Name
Kenneth Pena
Sorry to hear about that rob prayers for you and the rest of your family

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
My grandman is 95 and she is in a similar situation, my mom (her daughter in law) is looking after her just like your sister. My aunt (my grandmas's daughter) just comes for a visit once a week. She is still hanging there but things are going downhill. It is a heart breaking when I see her. She was like a mother to me for many years that she looked after me when my parents have left us behind in the 80s.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Thank you all. I have learned there is no good age to lose a parent. I thought because I am 60 and she was 93 it wouldn’t be as bad as losing my father. I really underestimated the impact it’s has on me. Hurt me to my soul.

Reactions: Fedri

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Lost my mom February of last year, completely unexpected she went to sleep and just didnt wake up had a heart attack in the middle of the night. Only thing that gave me comfort was knowing shes in paradise and ill see her again one day

Reactions: rob allen

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I've haven't been sick many times in my life but I remember when I was 32 and I got the flu, bad.

I was so sick, puking, everything. I was considering death as a option ... lol

I was suppose to go to my Mother's house and I called her up to tell her I how sick I was
and wasn't going to make over to my parents house that day.

She stop talking for a second and could hear her fight back tears and she said ... I wish I had the flu and you didn't, and she meant it.

I never forgot that.

You can't ever replace a Mother's love.

My Mother died March 18 2009 - She had Parkinson's Disease for 20 years and it just slowly killed her. The last 2 years were horrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location