To Rinse..........Or not to rinse.............That is my question..........

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Right, but if you vacuumed, preconditioned, and scrubbed already shouldn't you be rinsing with cold water?

Yo momma ain't rinsin' no hot water when she clean anything is she??? lol

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Right, but if you vacuumed, preconditioned, and scrubbed already shouldn't you be rinsing with cold water?

Interesting comparison Jim, for sure. Hey, ive seen a video or two of tm guys at high heat rinse taking gum out of the carpet. Not sure moma can get that out with the colds. Hey, does vct work also come into parallel here, like vct stripper only used w cold water, and rinse it with only cold water?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
What prespray do you normally use? Is it closer to neutral to begin with? Do you ever use higher PH presprays?
Have been using Grand Slam with Citurzolve but recently tried Robs RSF and was blown away. which is another thread itself.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Adjust everything for the situation, soil level, fiber type.... every job is different.

Does anyone else think it's funny that as professional fabric cleaners we rinse with a piping hot emusifier, when every other cleaning industry in the world uses plain cold water to rinse?
I thought about that to but The temp is used to make the oils and soil flow easier.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I would have no problem with except on two scenarios. One, the majority of cleaners do not pre vac, put down right amount prespray and most of all fail to rinse thoroughly enough. The second is the recent advent of polys now we need an extra hit to break loose oils. Rinse will compensate to a large degree for both.
I use a Brush Pro with renovators and carefully watch how much *suds* I get out so I do take extra time to flush thoroughly

My new Titan will have a chem system so before I take it off I will do some more testing but me thinks I will be going back to water only

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
What I did in the beginning and still do is do multiple passes minimum of 5, and over lap, plus vac/dry passes only. Then I got a sight tube and now I keep rinsing till clear. Not to criticize but I dont think many cleaners do at least not over here. I usually see on youtube cleaners applying heavy on the prespray, I once saw a guy spray down a whole 5 quart of like 3 secret mixes on the hydro force till empty the room looked like a 10x12 or something like that didnt look like a master bed room just room no walk in, and noticed he just made single passes on the whole room. I can understand why some cleaners can clean so many square feet in so little time. some dont vacuum ( alot actually), prespray, agitate, and rinse. Some just rinse.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States

I use hot water when washing dishes, and washing my uniforms why wouldnt you use hot water?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I use a Brush Pro with renovators and carefully watch how much *suds* I get out so I do take extra time to flush thoroughly

My new Titan will have a chem system so before I take it off I will do some more testing but me thinks I will be going back to water only
That TM you have is beautiful, id keep the injection system just dont use it. It might one day come handy. youll see

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
until I got my new tm with chem injection I never had the chance of using pros choice SRC, and I like it it ( the rinse) does help in certain circumstances. or rinsing out pet urine with water claw and acid rinse, or rinsing with a acid and nuetral deodorant

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Plus if you are cleaning fats, and protein based soils, Enzymes work best when mixed with warm/hot water not cold and rinsing them with some heat helps wake them up and speeds up their digestive abilities

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Interesting replies guys. I still have alot to learn!
I agree, they’ve hashed out this topic a ton. I like reading these replies, I learn a ton too. Tomorrow I’m doing a job and going to try Robs Alkaline Rinse I’ve never used b4. So topics like this interest me.

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Please post how it does for you! I need to try robs cleaners out!
I can tell you, I tried Robs prespray spiked. And I was amazed with the results. With just a porty, (pre vacuum, prespray, agitation, and extraction with plain water) my end result was clearly better. Made 20 yr old green carpet look new. Even the client was amazed.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I agree, they’ve hashed out this topic a ton. I like reading these replies, I learn a ton too. Tomorrow I’m doing a job and going to try Robs Alkaline Rinse I’ve never used b4. So topics like this interest me.
I must named it wrong. It's actually alkaline "neutralizing" rinse. It is neutral ph. I gotta work on that.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
North Carolina
www.shopcleansource.com
Real Name
Amy Barnes
Business Location
United States
Adjust everything for the situation, soil level, fiber type.... every job is different.

Does anyone else think it's funny that as professional fabric cleaners we rinse with a piping hot emusifier, when every other cleaning industry in the world uses plain cold water to rinse?

If nothing else, hot water evaporates more quickly, allowing faster dry times. Can't dump the carpet in the clothes dryer, you know.

... well, maybe nowadays...

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I know we’re talking rinses mostly, but the prespray ive seen people spraying it simply back and fourth. Is that correct, should it be a light mist hitting the carpet or should the carpet get fairly wet during the process?

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I can tell you, I tried Robs prespray spiked. And I was amazed with the results. With just a porty, (pre vacuum, prespray, agitation, and extraction with plain water) my end result was clearly better. Made 20 yr old green carpet look new. Even the client was amazed.
Great to hear that! I know he uses natural oils in his cleaners. Natural oils are not cheap. They are expensive. Cannot wait to try out his Grout master too.

Top Bottom