To All you VLM Folks..Never would have believed it!

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
That Video was Horse SHIT! No Way was that REAL...Under 4 hours.
Come see me, I'll take you to my monthly restaurant. It comes out nice every time. Actually too nice as they decided to skip last month because it still looks good...

It's a 2k foot restaurant I do the traffic lanes only in an hour. Probably about 500 feet cleaned. Vacuum and OP. I actually did it originally with the Cimex only, no absorbent pads.

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1458785745.798720.jpg

That border is from one pass using the Cimex

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Come see me, I'll take you to my monthly restaurant. It comes out nice every time. Actually too nice as they decided to skip last month because it still looks good...

It's a 2k foot restaurant I do the traffic lanes only in an hour. Probably about 500 feet cleaned. Vacuum and OP. I actually did it originally with the Cimex only, no absorbent pads.

View attachment 62639

Never work yourself outta a JOB..While departing..Spray some degreaser in the Traffic Lanes..The Phone Will Ring & they will Never be the Wiser..Sometimes you have to Mandate thay Call BACK? jk...Not Really..You be da JUDGE?

jhcinc

Aug 12, 2011
Naples Florida
Real Name
joel hoppe
Business Location
United States
That restaurant carpet in that vid would be about the cleanest restaurant carpet I've ever seen...
I agree
I have seen a chicken wing place that a 175 with a brush and 200 degree plus water could just start to scrape some of the black goo off carpet after a super hot enzyme sat on for 20 mins. If it is an inch of hard crust that has not been cleaned in ten years maybe a 200 lb machine with a black vct pad could put lines in the crud and then an enzyme has to sit on carpet for 30 mins. But many foul carpets can be done with new high ph encaps a gray fiber pad like bonnet pro and excellant supply sell and then a pile of gray micro fiber pads to absorb soil. Then carpet can be done every 2-3 months and be maintained with pads.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I agree
I have seen a chicken wing place that a 175 with a brush and 200 degree plus water could just start to scrape some of the black goo off carpet after a super hot enzyme sat on for 20 mins. If it is an inch of hard crust that has not been cleaned in ten years maybe a 200 lb machine with a black vct pad could put lines in the crud and then an enzyme has to sit on carpet for 30 mins. But many foul carpets can be done with new high ph encaps a gray fiber pad like bonnet pro and excellant supply sell and then a pile of gray micro fiber pads to absorb soil. Then carpet can be done every 2-3 months and be maintained with pads.

[/QUOTE
Someone has to SPEAK UP..& Tell these Cheap FUKTARDS...Get it done more often than when your Zipper Head Servers fall on their Sting Ray Heads.

Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho

View attachment 62639

That's another pic of a pretty damn clean restaurant ...

Mike Habib

Sep 18, 2012
Real Name
Mike Habib
VLM works and it really depends on the soil load. I have never done a restaurant because most of them will not pay what the job is worth.
With that being said , go to VonSchraders website and you will see pictures of a Wendy's restaurant that Terry Buaer did.. I know him personally. He told
me the key was getting the water as hot as he could and using the right chemicals.

I to agree with Dave about using Bonnets to pick up the soil. It really is the operator that determines the outcome. All methods will clean carpets.
I have said it in the past , I like a two method cleaning process. First some form of extraction followed with a 175/300 and a Bonnet pad.

Regardless of what method you use , I can always go back over any process with a Bonnet pad and still pick up dirt.

As far as DS2 from Excellent Supply. It is one of the best. I have never used a CRB so I am not qualified to give you my opinion on that.

Have a Great day all !

Derek.

May 6, 2010
Western NY
Real Name
Derek B
Business Location
United States
The problem I have with using a Cimex and pads only on a filthy carpet is that, that is Top Down Cleaning as opposed to transferring soil onto a bonnet which would be, Bottom UP cleaning. You would enjoy the benefit of superior soil REMOVAL and you'd get it instantly. I have done both. There is no comparison.
very true. while the guy in the vid states he used champagne pads, he could have used the brown-striped bonnets or followed with MF's under the Cimex...problem solved.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
very true. while the guy in the vid states he used champagne pads, he could have used the brown-striped bonnets or followed with MF's under the Cimex...problem solved.

I know. Anytime I used pads it was merely for agitation purposes. I always used a bonnet right after. Call me crazy, but I actually like to REMOVE the soil right then and there.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I never clean restaurants. Pay is low, their nasty and don't clean it often enough. But if I did I'd Encap it with the Orbot Sprayborg with an aggressive pad and chemical then use absorb bonnets.

I actually love to quote restaurants over the phone. I tell them my price will be 2-3 times of your last cleaner, will stay cleaner longer and smell better. They say oh corporate has a budget and won't allow that. So I say then expect to churn through carpet cleaners, have ugly carpets and offending odors. Have a nice day.

JeremyB

Apr 6, 2013
Australia
Real Name
Jeremy Barratt
I never clean restaurants. Pay is low, their nasty and don't clean it often enough. But if I did I'd Encap it with the Orbot Sprayborg with an aggressive pad and chemical then use absorb bonnets.

I actually love to quote restaurants over the phone. I tell them my price will be 2-3 times of your last cleaner, will stay cleaner longer and smell better. They say oh corporate has a budget and won't allow that. So I say then expect to churn through carpet cleaners, have ugly carpets and offending odors. Have a nice day.

Only 2-3 times the cost?

You need to put your prices up then. I clean very few restaurants/pubs/clubs as price is usually too much for them.

But the ones I do clean, don't grumble once the bill comes in after the first clean. As you say, cleaner for longer, no odours, no fuss, just damn clean carpet that they pay a fair price for.
I'd quite happily do more as the coin is good and with right chemistry the only slow down is the dwell time or at worst he time to give it a scrub.
Extraction time is around the same anyway.
I

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums mobile app

Mike Habib

Sep 18, 2012
Real Name
Mike Habib
I agree with Dave ,

Yes the Cimex makes it look good however , how much dirt are you really removing ? I know that Encap will crystalize but I dare you to run a Bonnet pad or some form of extraction
process back over it. I think that you would be surprised.

Back in the late 80's I use to own Elite Carpet Cleaning in Northern VA We use to clean with Dry Circular Foam and had a brush attached to the buffer. It would look great but the reality was that
we where not removing any of the soil , just what a vacuum would do later. Now I know encap chemistry has come a long way but I am still not convinced that it removes that much soil without some form of extraction. Just my opinion.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I agree with Dave ,

Yes the Cimex makes it look good however , how much dirt are you really removing ? I know that Encap will crystalize but I dare you to run a Bonnet pad or some form of extraction
process back over it. I think that you would be surprised.

Back in the late 80's I use to own Elite Carpet Cleaning in Northern VA We use to clean with Dry Circular Foam and had a brush attached to the buffer. It would look great but the reality was that
we where not removing any of the soil , just what a vacuum would do later. Now I know encap chemistry has come a long way but I am still not convinced that it removes that much soil without some form of extraction. Just my opinion.
Here is what makes you wrong. "Just my opinion"

It can be your opinion that you would rather use hwe and extract soil immediately.

It cannot be your opinion that encap does not crystallize and allow you to remove soil dry with a vacuum. It's a fact that the process works, encap does crystallize (if you are using a crystallizing encap), and the soil is removable during vacuuming.

The Cimex is not meant to remove soil. It is meant to scrub in a treatment. Of course you will remove soil if you extracted or used a bonnet. Any Vlm guy that would argue that doesn't know what he is talking about.

All methods come with the fact that the operator needs to know how it works and when to use it.

It is my OPINION that extreme soil should not be encapd without some degree of bonnet extraction.

The FACT is that if you didn't mix enough encap to properly encapsulate all the soil in the carpet, once it dried it would look dirty again. So if it looks good, the soil is ready for extraction.

Another major issue is this, is the carpet being properly vacuumed later?

It can be your opinion that straight encap isn't good because most vacuuming done is sub par and you don't believe they will remove all the encap dust leaving a residue.

Mike Habib

Sep 18, 2012
Real Name
Mike Habib
Joe ,

Don't get me wrong. I agree that Encap does work in a lot of situations however , If I where
to go back over it with a Bonnet or some form of extraction I would remove more dirt.

It's the same if I were to use HWE and then go back over it with a Bonnet pad. I am still
going to remove more dirt.

And just so you know , I know a lot about the Encap process and have been doing it for years
I use a Certified Pile Lifter to vacuum with and premium products from both Excellent Supply
and Bonnet Pro.

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
It cannot be your opinion that encap does not crystallize and allow you to remove soil dry with a vacuum. It's a fact that the process works, encap does crystallize (if you are using a crystallizing encap), and the soil is removable during vacuuming.
Thats the theory but unfortunately not complete. In my Bonnet 101 video (31 minutes) I go over this with a demo. The Cimex or scrub pad under a rotary appears to work so well because everything was just washed to the bottom or the carpet and people assume the encap brings it all out. I have talked to people like John Burdick who told me he did a restaurant and it had so much soil in it that it just made mud and he had to extract after the Cimex. Now that certainly doesn't happen all the time but my point is this. Pull out your eyelash how much encap can cover it? Meaning how thick is the polymer coating on the fiber? So after you vacuum, and after you bonnet the encap is there to hold the nano particles of soil that are small to begin with or broken down by agitation into smaller particles. As an encap manufacture I have nothing to gain by saying this but if I want to pass along the best info it has to be said. Whenever possible pull out soil with more than just the encap product by a mechanical means, bonnet, extraction or both if needed.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Thats the theory but unfortunately not complete. In my Bonnet 101 video (31 minutes) I go over this with a demo. The Cimex or scrub pad under a rotary appears to work so well because everything was just washed to the bottom or the carpet and people assume the encap brings it all out. I have talked to people like John Burdick who told me he did a restaurant and it had so much soil in it that it just made mud and he had to extract after the Cimex. Now that certainly doesn't happen all the time but my point is this. Pull out your eyelash how much encap can cover it? Meaning how thick is the polymer coating on the fiber? So after you vacuum, and after you bonnet the encap is there to hold the nano particles of soil that are small to begin with or broken down by agitation into smaller particles. As an encap manufacture I have nothing to gain by saying this but if I want to pass along the best info it has to be said. Whenever possible pull out soil with more than just the encap product by a mechanical means, bonnet, extraction or both if needed.
Nice post John..sincerely appreciate your honesty.