[email protected]

Oct 18, 2017
Real Name
Arthur Drown
I am new to the carpet cleaning industry and work for an asset management company. We sell off lease bank owned equipment and it seems that The Masters Touch does not always pan out well for entrepreneurs looking to start their own business. The result is I have a lot of these units in my inventory. I would greatly appreciate any tips or hints on these units as I am looking to learn more and find ways to sell them. So far it does not seem like people want to touch TMT units. I appreciate any help and if you would like to see what I have in my inventory you can find it at RTRservices.com under Laundry/Janitorial.

I appreciate any tips and help.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
The problem with most TMT units is they were geared more towards tile and less carpet. Most people are in the carpet biz and not the tile and carpet jobs are more plentiful than tile. I own a used TMT 3000. I bought it from a guy that had a failed venture as well. If it tells you just how cheap these units go take mine as example. For the machine itself, I only gave 1,000 bucks. Another thing to facture in about used units is they were marked up an extreme amount of money when they were sold brand new. I'd say a used unit is lucky to get 25 percent of it's original sell value, and that's generous. More than likely it is closer to 10 percent. Their just aren't many cleaners in the world and it is a small market. On top of that, cleaners want something user friendly, and sometimes that means TMT units are out of there league.

[email protected]

Oct 18, 2017
Real Name
Arthur Drown
The problem with most TMT units is they were geared more towards tile and less carpet. Most people are in the carpet biz and not the tile and carpet jobs are more plentiful than tile. I own a used TMT 3000. I bought it from a guy that had a failed venture as well. If it tells you just how cheap these units go take mine as example. For the machine itself, I only gave 1,000 bucks. Another thing to facture in about used units is they were marked up an extreme amount of money when they were sold brand new. I'd say a used unit is lucky to get 25 percent of it's original sell value, and that's generous. More than likely it is closer to 10 percent. Their just aren't many cleaners in the world and it is a small market. On top of that, cleaners want something user friendly, and sometimes that means TMT units are out of there league.
Thank you Cameron, I have been hearing similar comments from different used cleaning dealers. I appreciate your feed back and I will take your comments into consideration in the process of valuing future units.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Thank you Cameron, I have been hearing similar comments from different used cleaning dealers. I appreciate your feed back and I will take your comments into consideration in the process of valuing future units.
I checked out your website though. You have a Lark trailer on there. It is one I saw in Forrest park ga I believe. It says 2500 bucks. Does that include the truckmount and everything inside? I believe it had stuff in there. I saw pics of this trailer with truckmount somewhere and if it's that cheap I'd buy it.

[email protected]

Oct 18, 2017
Real Name
Arthur Drown
I checked out your website though. You have a Lark trailer on there. It is one I saw in Forrest park ga I believe. It says 2500 bucks. Does that include the truckmount and everything inside? I believe it had stuff in there. I saw pics of this trailer with truckmount somewhere and if it's that cheap I'd buy it.

The way we have to sell these is as two separate units for tax purposes, so the titled asset, the trailer, and the cleaning unit itself are listed separately. The combined sales price is $11,500 (I understand this might be a little steep) and we accept offers. If it is something you would be interested in further I could send you some more pictures of it is you shoot me an email at [email protected]

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
The way we have to sell these is as two separate units for tax purposes, so the titled asset, the trailer, and the cleaning unit itself are listed separately. The combined sales price is $11,500 (I understand this might be a little steep) and we accept offers. If it is something you would be interested in further I could send you some more pictures of it is you shoot me an email at [email protected]
Yeah I'll send you an email real quick. I've seen some pictures I believe. It isn't something I really need, but if it is cheap enough I'd buy it. Give me a sec and I'll shoot you an email and you can give me some more details.

Brett Clifford

Oct 23, 2012
Real Name
Brett Clifford
My TMT is a re-branded Sapphire 2500 HS-it even came with the Sapphire owner's manual. It's a sweet machine that easily handles carpets, tile, natural stone and some concrete (mostly garage floors). Stays nice and hot even at a high psi like 1500-2000.

I bought mine used with only 190 hours on it. The original owners where two retired firemen who bought the whole business package and after a couple of years were desperate to get out from underneath it.

I think the biggest problem with TMT is that they sell to non carpet cleaners a business idea that and over-promises lots of success and riches. They don't realize how hard it is to get customers and at the same time are in debt for their brand-new machine and trailer.

Reactions: randyg6224

jasdavis09

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Jason
I am new to the carpet cleaning industry and work for an asset management company. We sell off lease bank owned equipment and it seems that The Masters Touch does not always pan out well for entrepreneurs looking to start their own business. The result is I have a lot of these units in my inventory. I would greatly appreciate any tips or hints on these units as I am looking to learn more and find ways to sell them. So far it does not seem like people want to touch TMT units. I appreciate any help and if you would like to see what I have in my inventory you can find it at RTRservices.com under Laundry/Janitorial.

I appreciate any tips and help.
What is the web address to where your used equipment can be viewed?

[email protected]

Oct 18, 2017
Real Name
Arthur Drown
What is the web address to where your used equipment can be viewed?
If you search RTRServices.com it will come up then follow the links along the left side for "Laundry/Janitorial" and the units I have are scattered through those pages. I handle all sorts of cleaning and janitorial used supplies and we list them all lumped together in our Laundry/Janitorial category.

Grn Steamer

Dec 5, 2014
Real Name
Matt R
I would have likely bought a whole set up months ago but didn't know you were selling. Also, often people just want to much...I feel bad making an offer...sometimes. Anyhow, I went another direction. It would help you to post a full set up here with what you want for it for starters.

Case in point...for starters your first listing is a Dirt Dragon in fair conditon for $2800. Seariously, that's list for a new one! This basically tells me your an unrealistic seller so I wouldn't probably even call on your trailer setups. Just being honest.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Oct 18, 2017
Real Name
Arthur Drown
I would have likely bought a whole set up months ago but didn't know you were selling. Also, often people just want to much...I feel bad making an offer...sometimes. Anyhow, I went another direction. It would help you to post a full set up here with what you want for it for starters.

Case in point...for starters your first listing is a Dirt Dragon in fair conditon for $2800. Seariously, that's list for a new one! This basically tells me your an unrealistic seller so I wouldn't probably even call on your trailer setups. Just being honest.
That listing I have is for THREE Dirt Dragons for $2,800. We also encourage reasonable offers and I understand that even at three units, that is still a pretty penny.

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
That listing I have is for THREE Dirt Dragons for $2,800. We also encourage reasonable offers and I understand that even at three units, that is still a pretty penny.

I looked at your sight and it is confusing/misleading that you have a listing for the trailer and one for the equipment. If it is being sold as a package deal just list it as a package deal with one price. Then you and the buyer can figure out the details as you negotiate.

[email protected]

Oct 18, 2017
Real Name
Arthur Drown
I looked at your sight and it is confusing/misleading that you have a listing for the trailer and one for the equipment. If it is being sold as a package deal just list it as a package deal with one price. Then you and the buyer can figure out the details as you negotiate.
It is not to miss lead or miss inform, and I promise you it is just as much of a pain for me as it is for viewers of our site. Because of the way banks and leasing companies are taxed, there is sales tax applied to the piece of machinery and no sales tax applied to the titled asset (Van, Trailer, etc) because of this, by the guidelines set out by the IRS, we also have to list them as separate assets. Ultimately they are sold together. Thank you for your comment, I hope that this clarifies your issue.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Master's Touch units are, from my understanding, just Sapphire units that are branded and painted bright green for TMT franchises. As has been noted, TMT is great at selling the dream but not so hot at ensuring that their investors receive proper training on use and maintenance of what they bought.

Sapphire is one of the leading TM manufacturers in the country (if not the world), and has recently merged with Prochem, another leading brand. So their units tend to be solidly built, reliable, and strong. The problem is that the guys running them haven't been given a realistic business expectation.

The biggest selling block with these units is their after-market branding, pure and simple.

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
It is not to miss lead or miss inform, and I promise you it is just as much of a pain for me as it is for viewers of our site. Because of the way banks and leasing companies are taxed, there is sales tax applied to the piece of machinery and no sales tax applied to the titled asset (Van, Trailer, etc) because of this, by the guidelines set out by the IRS, we also have to list them as separate assets. Ultimately they are sold together. Thank you for your comment, I hope that this clarifies your issue.

Yea I figured it had some government involvement. Because I have actually purchased one of these units from someone going out of business. Had to break down the value of the titled portion (trailer) separate from the unit. Still does not make it easy.