TMT 3000 / powerclean 3000 help

May 4, 2015
Real Name
Brian Billman
They used 36 blowers because they were made for hard surface cleaning which is more than sufficient for that. They made a kit that diverts the water back to the fresh water box instead of the waste tank for cooling. Some guys replaced the apo's with electric ones, but I don't think that worked out any better. Some guys also bypassed the heat exchangers and installed diesel burners. Rob has a wand modification in his store that will allow you to put the wand down to move furniture with out over heating. The machine keeps building heat and shuts down at 270 degrees if water is not moving.

I have a 2007 Powerclean unit. I'm interested in the diverter kit. Do you know where I can get one. I also change my apo to an electric and it doesn't pump out under load. May have to put the old brass Jabsco back on.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I have a 2007 Powerclean unit. I'm interested in the diverter kit. Do you know where I can get one. I also change my apo to an electric and it doesn't pump out under load. May have to put the old brass Jabsco back on.
Look up wolf cleaning supply. He use to make the machines and has all the parts for them.

Reactions: randyg6224

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I have the same unit. Can you explain how you replaced the float?
This is the float I'm talking about. I just screwed it on basically. My TMT 3000 is a project for me and I got everything working besides the chemical meter. I got busy and haven't had time to figure out why the chem feed doesn't work. Idk if it pertains to the right float or not. My Hudson float works pretty good, but I lost a part a long time ago while cleaning it and it sometimes sticks so I'll prob order another eventually. I actually got one of the original floats from these machines sent to me from another TMF guy. I just haven't had time to attach the float yet. I'll prob end up switching it out before long with the right float. The Hudson float has served me well though. The only thing I don't know about is if affects the chemical meter, but for 35 bucks it would be a fun lil experiment if you have time. I personally think my chem meter is bad since the guy I bought it off of had a bunch of freeze damage with this machine.
21211ef5e3e23c31f53d0848a63ef8e4.jpg

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
The chemical flow meter is one of the most frustrating parts of a TM. It is very hard to keep them working correctly. I had two of the Powerclean/master's touch units and most of the time I just did a clean water rinse. I moved on from these machines last year and got a new prochem peak.

I have wondered about using a valve from a prespray jug for my chemical feed and then just mix the chemical ratio the way I need.

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
The chemical flow meter is one of the most frustrating parts of a TM. It is very hard to keep them working correctly. I had two of the Powerclean/master's touch units and most of the time I just did a clean water rinse. I moved on from these machines last year and got a new prochem peak.

I have wondered about using a valve from a prespray jug for my chemical feed and then just mix the chemical ratio the way I need.
I hear that. But the advantages of it when everything is working properly, far outweigh any other solution induction system.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty

My chem flow meter isn't working right now, but it was broken when I got it. I just haven't had the chance to get to it yet. Any tricks or tips?

Ara Klujian

Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
My chem flow meter isn't working right now, but it was broken when I got it. I just haven't had the chance to get to it yet. Any tricks or tips?
There can't be ANY air leaks! But you need to make sure you don't put too much material ie. Teflon tape to damage anything when tightening it down.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
There can't be ANY air leaks! But you need to make sure you don't put too much material ie. Teflon tape to damage anything when tightening it down.
I think I have to go buy a new chemical meter. When I got my machine, the previous owner let it freeze and busted most of the heat exchangers and I'm guessing the chem feed is broke too. Just a hunch. That will be my start just to install a new one. I've installed one on my chemtex and it was easy peasy. I don't even remember using any Teflon. What am I tefloning?

Ara Klujian

Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
I think I have to go buy a new chemical meter. When I got my machine, the previous owner let it freeze and busted most of the heat exchangers and I'm guessing the chem feed is broke too. Just a hunch. That will be my start just to install a new one. I've installed one on my chemtex and it was easy peasy. I don't even remember using any Teflon. What am I tefloning?
Always keep a spare on hand! I use a thin layer of Teflon tape and the use a dab of loc-tite red.

Reactions: Cameron RDS

Ara Klujian

Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
The only thing I can suggest is to suck it through the vac while it's wet and see if that makes it start working for you.

Mar 8, 2008
Just FYI, I contacted Jim Nape at Wolf Cleaning Equipment or Guaranteed Cleaning Supply. Super nice and helpful guy. If anybody has a powerclean unit, he designed these machines. He knows them inside and out. Really enthused to have Jim one call away to help me with this rebuild.
I agree! The guys at Wolf are great! Have had this unit since 06 and it runs better and we have less issues than the sapphire 2500 I bought two year ago. Have to replace the propeller for the Apo from time to time...knock on wood but it's at 5000 + and in all that time just the upper heat exchange has had to be replaced.

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
I agree! The guys at Wolf are great! Have had this unit since 06 and it runs better and we have less issues than the sapphire 2500 I bought two year ago. Have to replace the propeller for the Apo from time to time...knock on wood but it's at 5000 + and in all that time just the upper heat exchange has had to be replaced.

What problems have you been having with the 2500?

Gary Getman

Dec 2, 2010
florida
Real Name
gary getman
Business Location
United States
My PC chemical feed is only activated when mix tank is filling by solenoid valve. Chemical get injected directly into mix tank. There is a check valve that has a plastic ball, o ring and SS spring that will clog. It's located on right side of mix tank. It's square with four screws. Take it apart carefully and don't drop it or they will be lost. Usually fuzz and debris will tangle up in that small spring.

Gary Getman

Dec 2, 2010
florida
Real Name
gary getman
Business Location
United States
My problems fixed were shimming the exhaust diverted actuator to prevent binding and stacking washers under the actuator rod so they help support the connector to the vacuume actuator. Exhaust manifold cracking at left side bend. Exhaust gaskets replaced. Replacing APO with electric will work for a while until it gets destroyed by lint. Chuck the lint basket.Unplug the second inlet on the waste tank and run 4 to the back into a Devistator. Oil drain pipe cracked. Check for corrosion on the lid mounted vac relief clean that sucker good with with brush and tighten down the spring to pull 15-16hg. Waste tank is a work of art and has to be the strongest ever built but check the seal for leaking. Don't fall for the free flow valve. Keep close eye on belts. If one shreds and flaps it will take out some very important wires connected to the frame right close to the blower pulley. These mods were to a 26/45 PC Freedon XT 2006.

Gary Getman

Dec 2, 2010
florida
Real Name
gary getman
Business Location
United States
Also these Powercleans have the bypass water from pressure regulator run through the vacuum HX and dumps into mix tank. There is a pesky temp safety valve between hx and tank that if that water gets too hot the wax filled valve melts and dumps into waste tank. When this happens vacuum will suck water from mix tank. This tank drawing combined with the apo water flush starves the system on tile jobs. Plug outlet inside of tank or order a bunch of replacement safety valves. They are supposed to protect the Hot and Dry Cat pump.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Update on my machine: I have everything completed on it. The last think I had to do was add the float which controls the dema switch of the freshwater tank. My dema valve ended up being bad, and took me a lil while to figure out, but now my machine is up and going. Used it on two water damages already. Just got a stainless steel filter box and kicked the cheap plastic one to the curb. Those plastic ones really cut the suction. I think I have around 3500-4000 in my rebuild now. Fixed the APO, carburetor, freshwater float, one HX (blower), bypassed the radiator HX as I didn't feel like fooling with it, and changed all the fluids. Machine runs pretty good.

Reactions: Ara Klujian

Elston

Mar 8, 2018
Real Name
Ed Mima
Call me! The lid of the water box appears to be missing. It has 2 floats in it that control the solenoid for the water box. I know these machine very very well and can help you. :)
708-810-0032 is my service line (if for some goofy reason I do not answer leave me a voice mail and I will call you back).
Hey Truckmount Guy, I have this machine and I noticed in your response to this original post that you said you "know these machines very very well". I'm having some trouble with mine and was wondering if you might have some input for me?

randyg6224

Jan 1, 2011
Green Bay, WI
www.newsolidsurfacecleaning.com
Real Name
Randy Grygiel
Business Location
United States
Call me! The lid of the water box appears to be missing. It has 2 floats in it that control the solenoid for the water box. I know these machine very very well and can help you.
708-810-0032 is my service line (if for some goofy reason I do not answer leave me a voice mail and I will call you back).
Hey Truckmount Guy, I have this machine and I noticed in your response to this original post that you said you "know these machines very very well". I'm having some trouble with mine and was wondering if you might have some input for me?

He is Jim Nape at Wolf Cleaning Supplies, Mokena, IL
http://www.wolfequipment.net/
tel: (708)390-0593

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Call me! The lid of the water box appears to be missing. It has 2 floats in it that control the solenoid for the water box. I know these machine very very well and can help you.

He is Jim Nape at Wolf Cleaning Supplies, Mokena, IL
http://www.wolfequipment.net/
tel: (708)390-0593
Yeah he is right, it is Jim Nape. Jim built these machines. He was very helpful for me.