TMT 3000 / powerclean 3000 help | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

TMT 3000 / powerclean 3000 help

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I bought a fixer upper machine for cheap, but anything that is cheap always will give you some trouble right? Luckily the engine runs good, the blower is strong, and all the HX are good. What my main problem is is hooking up the electrical stuff. My freshwater tank, the steel tank probably 2 gallons, doesn't shut off, and I don't see any floats or sensors to cut the water off when it gets full. Can anybody help me with this that mighta had this machine? Just knowing what to look for whether it be float or sensor would be a big help. Ironically the float on the dump tank is nowhere to be found so same thing with that. Here are some pics that might help you help me.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
This is a picture of what the machine looks like from the front if anybody needs to see the model. Not my machine in the picture, just a stock pic I found.

Sep 17, 2014
Orland Park, Illinois
www.gcssupplies.net
Real Name
Jim Nape
Business Location
United States
Call me! The lid of the water box appears to be missing. It has 2 floats in it that control the solenoid for the water box. I know these machine very very well and can help you. :)
708-810-0032 is my service line (if for some goofy reason I do not answer leave me a voice mail and I will call you back).

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Call me! The lid of the water box appears to be missing. It has 2 floats in it that control the solenoid for the water box. I know these machine very very well and can help you. :)
708-810-0032 is my service line (if for some goofy reason I do not answer leave me a voice mail and I will call you back).
Thank you so much. I'll call after work or maybe tomorrow when I'm slower. I have the lid but I don't think it has the floats. I'll definitely be calling you!

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I'll prob call next week. I got the truck in the shop putting lights in and some other things. But I'll call you sooner or later.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Like he said the float is missing. I've had two powerclean units. Great machine

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Like he said the float is missing. I've had two powerclean units. Great machine
Have you had one with the 36 blower on it? I figured since the motor is a 26 hp the 36 blower might spin a little faster making it stronger. Just an assumption though.

Last edited:

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
Just curious did you have a powerclean unit? You seem real knowledgeable on finding parts. Any advice or tips?
Yes, I bought one brand new in 2007, ran it for 10 years and just sold it a couple of weeks ago. Most of the ones on the market came from the masters touch and are designed for tile & grout cleaning first. Equipped with a 5 gallon per minute pump and a 33 blower makes it great for rinsing tile well but was just ok for carpet.

My biggest complaint was the water it wasted, it purged water to the already small waste tank to keep from over heating, it also used water to prime the apo. The apo never really kept up well while cleaning tile and it was important to keep extra impellers because they wore out pretty quick, making pump out even less productive. Many guys modified these issues for better performance, I never did.

They are great liquid cooled machines other than those few issues. I made millions from it!

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
The links to the parts I posted are the same company. These are the guys who built and ran powerclean, they then changed their name to Guaranteed Cleaning Supply, then just last week changed to Wolf Equipment. They are very helpful but will push you to buy their chemicals and supplies when you call for parts or have questions about repairs.

Reactions: Cameron RDS

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Yes, I bought one brand new in 2007, ran it for 10 years and just sold it a couple of weeks ago. Most of the ones on the market came from the masters touch and are designed for tile & grout cleaning first. Equipped with a 5 gallon per minute pump and a 33 blower makes it great for rinsing tile well but was just ok for carpet.

My biggest complaint was the water it wasted, it purged water to the already small waste tank to keep from over heating, it also used water to prime the apo. The apo never really kept up well while cleaning tile and it was important to keep extra impellers because they wore out pretty quick, making pump out even less productive. Many guys modified these issues for better performance, I never did.

They are great liquid cooled machines other than those few issues. I made millions from it!
All great information! Very helpful and insightful. I'm still trying to get my APO to work but I'm thinking I havent got the wires hooked up yet... Mine has the 36 blower and with as big as the engine is, I thought about putting a 45 blower on it as I have a spare one. But I just don't know if that would work. I'm putting this machine in my water damage restoration truck so I'm mainly using it to extract water and rinse concrete if it's a sewer damage. So far the things I got left to fix are
-Waste tank float shut off (doesn't shut off when full)
- APO - not sure about that
- The freshwater tank float shut off
That's all I know for now. Also what kinda heat should I expect out of this thing? Lots of questions I know, but I love hearing all the information.

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
All great information! Very helpful and insightful. I'm still trying to get my APO to work but I'm thinking I havent got the wires hooked up yet... Mine has the 36 blower and with as big as the engine is, I thought about putting a 45 blower on it as I have a spare one. But I just don't know if that would work. I'm putting this machine in my water damage restoration truck so I'm mainly using it to extract water and rinse concrete if it's a sewer damage. So far the things I got left to fix are
-Waste tank float shut off (doesn't shut off when full)
- APO - not sure about that
- The freshwater tank float shut off
That's all I know for now. Also what kinda heat should I expect out of this thing? Lots of questions I know, but I love hearing all the information.
Yes, you are right they had a 36 blower not 33 as I stated earlier. The heat is good with carpet, struggles to maintain with tile because it is such a high flow, still ok though. It has 3 heat exchangers...the main exhaust, the liquid HE which uses the radiator coolant, and one that uses the blower.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Yes, you are right they had a 36 blower not 33 as I stated earlier. The heat is good with carpet, struggles to maintain with tile because it is such a high flow, still ok though. It has 3 heat exchangers...the main exhaust, the liquid HE which uses the radiator coolant, and one that uses the blower.
Just curious, what kind of modifications did you hear about other people doing?
For as cheap as I got the machine, I think it's going to serve me well and in the future I might can modify some stuff. For the life of my I cant figure out why they would put a 36 blower on this when a 45 seems like an easy choice. Their must have been some reason surely. Did you ever change the radiator coolant/antifreeze in the coolant HX, that is my next project as this thing needs a tune up all so I can start fresh.

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
Just curious, what kind of modifications did you hear about other people doing?
For as cheap as I got the machine, I think it's going to serve me well and in the future I might can modify some stuff. For the life of my I cant figure out why they would put a 36 blower on this when a 45 seems like an easy choice. Their must have been some reason surely. Did you ever change the radiator coolant/antifreeze in the coolant HX, that is my next project as this thing needs a tune up all so I can start fresh.
They used 36 blowers because they were made for hard surface cleaning which is more than sufficient for that. They made a kit that diverts the water back to the fresh water box instead of the waste tank for cooling. Some guys replaced the apo's with electric ones, but I don't think that worked out any better. Some guys also bypassed the heat exchangers and installed diesel burners. Rob has a wand modification in his store that will allow you to put the wand down to move furniture with out over heating. The machine keeps building heat and shuts down at 270 degrees if water is not moving.

Reactions: Cameron RDS

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Lil update on the water box problem. I took an old Hudson float and put it in the water box. Worked like a charm. Simple fix instead of having to order a 200 dollar part.

Reactions: Ara Klujian

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Just FYI, I contacted Jim Nape at Wolf Cleaning Equipment or Guaranteed Cleaning Supply. Super nice and helpful guy. If anybody has a powerclean unit, he designed these machines. He knows them inside and out. Really enthused to have Jim one call away to help me with this rebuild.

Reactions: randyg6224