tmt 3000 is it worth the 20k

thegto1

Feb 2, 2018
Real Name
brandon salas
Hello im a new member here.
looking for advice on if im getting a good buy.
a local guy is selling a used 2015 the masters touch 3000 set up with a trailer. He wants 20k firm.
inside is a hydramaster 323 i believe, with just 78 hours.
is fully loaded with tile and grout tools
rotovac power head machine
reels of pressure hoses
vacuum hoses
carpet wands
upholstery tools
a large variety of chemicals and other small accessories .
Im an experienced carpet cleaner running an older hydramaster bobcat 2 turning small rental apartments but id like to grow my business,
i have no experience with tile and grout cleaning.
also while testing the truck mount it would not generate heat until it had vacuum resistance , or in other words it would not generate heat until the vacuum was pulling hard,,,is this normal? kinda threw me off.
thanks for your time.

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
a local guy is selling a used 2015 the masters touch 3000 set up with a trailer. He wants 20k firm.
reels of pressure hoses
vacuum hoses
carpet wands
upholstery tools
Im an experienced carpet cleaner running an older hydramaster bobcat 2 turning small rental apartments but id like to grow my business,
also while testing the truck mount it would not generate heat until it had vacuum resistance , or in other words it would not generate heat until the vacuum was pulling hard,,,is this normal? kinda threw me off.
thanks for your time.
Depends what the trailer is worth but I think it sounds way overpriced. At the end of the day for $20k it's a discontinued machine with only a 36 blower... I'd go a different direction but that's just me.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Walk out on it.......
If it has a 36 blower that is a beginning lower end truckmount...
Wait and get some expereince over the next few months. Before you buy a TM....unless you are in a bind and have work waiting on you!!!!?.

thegto1

Feb 2, 2018
Real Name
brandon salas
Walk out on it.......
If it has a 36 blower that is a beginning lower end truckmount...
Wait and get some expereince over the next few months. Before you buy a TM....unless you are in a bind and have work waiting on you!!!!?.
no im not in a bind,,, just looked like a good deal,, not so sure on the enclosed trailer type setup,,, and the heat production .

Aaron Green-N-Clean

Feb 3, 2018
Real Name
Aaron Baum
I love my trailer setup. But that is way to high a price for that setup. You could get a new setup that had the same specs and only spend a few more grand. Or get the accessories second hand. Just don't think I would spend that on a used unit of that size.
And if you aren't doing tile and grout you are missing out. It is crazy easy and very profitable. Stains are much more straight forward on tile than on carpet. Just some grout master, a crb to agitate, and a spinner of your choice to clean with. Then either mop any puddles or use a squeegee wand like I do.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I wouldnt, you could get a decent van for that and a new machine with a 36 blower.

Relia Built I cant say enough about, his machines are the best entry level truckmounts.

A 36 blower with either HX or little giant you could probably be out the door under 10k, without a heater around 8500 for a 45 blower machine. We have about 1400 hrs on one and its bulletproof

Then all you need is a truck, or maybe you already have one.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

thegto1

Feb 2, 2018
Real Name
brandon salas
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES.
perhaps i should ask him what blower size it does have
it seems if you were to price out all the tools and everything it would come out well over 20k....but again it is used equipment even if it is low hours.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES.
perhaps i should ask him what blower size it does have
it seems if you were to price out all the tools and everything it would come out well over 20k....but again it is used equipment even if it is low hours.
What stAte ru in...
Try to go talk to a local tm supply store....
Get some more info before you pull the trigger on 20k

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
reels of pressure hoses
vacuum hoses
carpet wands
upholstery tools
thanks for your time.
Buy a trailer and put this in it. Way better machine.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337618551&icep_item=232479395084

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner