TMF: professional grade or child's play?

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
I appreciate where y'all are coming from. But if we don't give it to them they will find it elsewhere. Elsewhere they will be led down a different road that may do more damage to our industry than offering professional advice here. It's a catch 22 situation. Joe Polish & Howard Partridge charge 1000.00 a month for similar info.

I think the problem is some members are to eager to give out advice that its gives newbies a false reality of the situation and not allowing them to properly plan and mature into the roll of business owner. Did you know that entrepreneurs is the fastest growing field.. its also carries with it the most failure too because people don't realize what it means to run a business. Like I mentioned above its up to the regulars to recognize this and do what we can to offer the best advice for that person and not to offer advice just because we want to look kewl in front of the group. TMF has done wonders for me personally and business.. so I give it a grade A+ and will do what I can to offer the best advice with no waffle-ing.. no one likes a waffle. Especially if they are freezer burned. yuck..

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
I think the problem is some members are to eager to give out advice that its gives newbies a false reality of the situation and not allowing them to properly plan and mature into the roll of business owner. Did you know that entrepreneurs is the fastest growing field.. its also carries with it the most failure too because people don't realize what it means to run a business. Like I mentioned above its up to the regulars to recognize this and do what we can to offer the best advice for that person and not to offer advice just because we want to look kewl in front of the group. TMF has done wonders for me personally and business.. so I give it a grade A+ and will do what I can to offer the best advice with no waffle-ing.. no one likes a waffle. Especially if they are freezer burned. yuck..
Lol, too the waffle. Straight from a newbie, i hesitate to ask you guys business questions because i know that im going to end up looking like an idiot. But i do need help in this. My accountant is out of state so its a little harder to get consultation from him. So yes i do agree, you guys should challenge us newbies with business questions. Jmho

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Back

When I was trying to sell Grand Rapids Carpet Cleaning, the whole package. I did ask, a potential buyer. If he was worthy to buy my business. I never sold the business.

Geeze i wonder why.... :rolleyes:

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I look at it as a numbers game.

Only a small % of guys are actually going to listen and implement this stuff anyway. So i just throw it out there and the smart ones will figure it out. and the dumb ones will be working for them shortly....

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
Lol, too the waffle. Straight from a newbie, i hesitate to ask you guys business questions because i know that im going to end up looking like an idiot. But i do need help in this. My accountant is out of state so its a little harder to get consultation from him. So yes i do agree, you guys should challenge us newbies with business questions. Jmho

There is nothing wrong with testing a guy out to get the sense of who they really are.. how serious they are about the craft. I do that with members.. new and old.. That is why some threads you will see me asking a lot of questions or poke them a little in the thread.. but generally I try to always be respectful and not make them feel like an idiot. Unless they are one, then game on.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Most Millionaire who started out with nothing. They just didn't give up and kept plugging away. Some failed many times. I started out with a $500 porty. Had a Yugo with the back seat taking out. That was over 27 years ago. I was working a full time job. Doing carpets nights and weekends. Took me 5 years to get myself a TM. It was new payed cash. But I would have probably given it up, if I didn't have a full time job. I agree with Kipp. I don't like living like a poor person. My advice don't give up your day job. Until you can make what you need to live good.

A yugo? I didn't know anyone bought one of those! Do you have pictures?

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I look at it as a numbers game.

Only a small % of guys are actually going to listen and implement this stuff anyway. So i just throw it out there and the smart ones will figure it out. and the dumb ones will be working for them shortly....
I even offered to help him for a week at no charge.
I think he must of thought I was a prick or I convinced him it was not a easy trade to just jump into.

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
just curious why any Tom Dick or Harry can pop on here and people just jump in start giving them advice on business, equipment, etc.

Take a little pride in what you do for Gods sake, take some time to figure out who your talking to and more importantly if this guy even belongs in business.

Shouldn't we take a little pride in our trade and protect ourselves and others from undercapitalized, under educated, and unprepared cleaners. Quit being so quick with your advice and establish if this person even deserves your advice.

And for those of you that give advice with no practical experience ... Shut your pie hole.
Haha that's why I always read post and see how they word things. If they ask the right questions in the right way I'll throw something in there. Then again who am I to give advice :rolleyes: lol. Either way I try to be nice to everyone I may not give them advice if I don't think they it's worth it but I'll generally point them in the right direction lol

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
just curious why any Tom Dick or Harry can pop on here and people just jump in start giving them advice on business, equipment, etc.

Did someone say Harry?

I think the bigger problem is people that hear $1k a day, or $235k a year. These start ups think it is easy money when these sales numbers get thrown around. Think they just struck gold and jump in with their porty on the get rich quick scheme.

When in reality it takes a lot of work to pull those numbers and most will never achieve it.

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
hey, i was that guy when i first started.

was going over the books this evening and learned i did my first 5 figure month (in carpet cleaning) this year.

Here is a prime example of what I was mentioning above. Just had his first $10k (edited from $5k) month this year. After a lot of time and effort.

Not trying to be mean here just an eye opener:
Sad thing is he didn't even know he had a $5k month until he was reviewing his books at the end of the year. He should know what he is making at any given time, not just a once a year accounting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Krall and Omar

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
Did someone say Harry?

I think the bigger problem is people that hear $1k a day, or $235k a year. These start ups think it is easy money when these sales numbers get thrown around. Think they just struck gold and jump in with their porty on the get rich quick scheme.

When in reality it takes a lot of work to pull those numbers and most will never achieve it.
This is true I'm guilty as charged guys :p but I've always been told if you put your mind to it you can do anything... probably an overstatement for most lol xD either way some of us are dedicated! While some of us just need a little push. I think there's plenty of room for all of us besides the lower competition just makes us guys that really do try and do a good job look good so I say keep the screw ups :p lol

Dewitt

Dec 22, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Dewitt
Business Location
United States
Did someone say Harry?

Very good point!

Reactions: willoughby1

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Did someone say Harry?

Want to make $20 k month?

Spend $8-9 k !!

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Here is a prime example of what I was mentioning above. Just had his first $5k month this year. After a lot of time and effort.

Not trying to be mean here just an eye opener:
Sad thing is he didn't even know he had a $5k month until he was reviewing his books at the end of the year. He should know what he is making at any given time, not just a once a year accounting.
I thought a 5 figure month was over $9,999 :confused:

Reactions: LookNGood