TMF PRESPRAYS | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

TMF PRESPRAYS

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
I use Biopro 10 mix with grout master, and 02 to get these stairs, landing and hall to look this good after they were trashed, Used a porty with Rotovac DHX, my question is do I use full strength dilution for each product or cut back because im mixing all 3. each one says 3 oz to a gallon in a sprayer, so i used 2 gallons and put 6 oz of each in the 2 gallons, is that too much? dont want to use more than necessary.

Attachments

Reactions: TLC CARPET CLEANING

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I use Biopro 10 mix with grout master, and 02 to get these stairs, landing and hall to look this good after they were trashed, Used a porty with Rotovac DHX, my question is do I use full strength dilution for each product or cut back because im mixing all 3. each one says 3 oz to a gallon in a sprayer, so i used 2 gallons and put 6 oz of each in the 2 gallons, is that too much? dont want to use more than necessary.
I had similar or worse and I can tell you that you don't need to mix anything special to bio pro 10k, all you do is increase the strength by adding another scoop or 2 of bio pro 10k.

Reactions: renew carpet

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
I had similar or worse and I can tell you that you don't need to mix anything special to bio pro 10k, all you do is increase the strength by adding another scoop or 2 of bio pro 10k.
the reason i added 02 was it has some urine that I subfloor extracted so wanted to get it good

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
Ok I see, adding 02 helps, also bio pro 10k is an enzyme cleaner, when I spray it on urine stains will disappear, lately I am also adding an extra scoop of 02, I am not substituting the 02, straight adding it.
thats my question, if you add 02 do you add the full amount it says for a gallon, or less since you are already using bio pro?

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
@renew carpet , can you share with us what specialty tool are you using for getting urine from padding and how dry did you get carpeting by using Rotovac Powerwand?
Great job, BTW!

Last edited:

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
@renew carpet , can you share with us what specialty tool are you using for getting urine from padding and how dry did you get carpeting by using Rotovac Powerwand?
Great job, BTW!
I saturate the urine stain with Matrix Miracle, step on it to push thru the padding, then extract using a water claw. I only use the Rotovac DHXfor cleaning on residential, i use at 300 psi, and do a wet and dry pass, and the carpet dries in about 4-5 hours, depending on how deep the carpet is. I use all TMF pre sprays, however i do use Matrix Miracle for urine sub floor extraction because not only does it work great, but since its powder i get 16 RTU gallons vs 4 gallons with any ones liquid urine treatment. Saves a ton of money and cant beat the results.

Reactions: Luky and Fedri

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I've done A LOT of pet urine jobs. Here is my experience on it. Don't over think it. If anything, once its in the pad, that part of the pad is a DONE DEAL. You cannot really remove the urine from it. The Water Claw is an ok method IF it's mostly in the backing of the carpet and not the padding. Problem is, by flooding it too deep (which is easy to do), you may now have pushed some the urine into the padding.

Seriously, grab a piece of pad, a piece of carpet, piss on it for a few days, and then water claw it. You will not see an appreciable difference in look or smell in the padding. It will eventually resurface. The chemicals as such help hide the problem in the padding but doesn't resolve it.

There is a fine line to walk when doing subsurface extractions.

That's a good video from BIll Yeadon - if I'm playing Devils Advocate the problem is I'd have to quote a customer almost $400 for what he did in that video. Most customers would opt for "just do the best you can on it at the cheapest price" mentality.

Last edited:
Reactions: smartcarpetcare

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
I've done A LOT of pet urine jobs. Here is my experience on it. Don't over think it. If anything, once its in the pad, that part of the pad is a DONE DEAL. You cannot really remove the urine from it. The Water Claw is an ok method IF it's mostly in the backing of the carpet and not the padding. Problem is, by flooding it too deep (which is easy to do), you may now have pushed some the urine into the padding.

Seriously, grab a piece of pad, a piece of carpet, piss on it for a few days, and then water claw it. You will not see an appreciable difference in look or smell in the padding. It will eventually resurface. The chemicals as such help hide the problem in the padding but doesn't resolve it.

There is a fine line to walk when doing subsurface extractions.

That's a good video from BIll Yeadon - if I'm playing Devils Advocate the problem is I'd have to quote a customer almost $400 for what he did in that video. Most customers would opt for "just do the best you can on it at the cheapest price" mentality.
I dont do everything he did in the video, im just doing saturation and extraction. im only showing the what I use, to answer the question presented to me. Im only stating what works for me. my customers love the work i do removing the urine stains, and they dont come back. I never had a call yet about stains coming back and I also never guarantee anything. so as long as my customers are happy, and the results are great, thats all that matters to me.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I dont do everything he did in the video, im just doing saturation and extraction. im only showing the what I use, to answer the question presented to me. Im only stating what works for me. my customers love the work i do removing the urine stains, and they dont come back. I never had a call yet about stains coming back and I also never guarantee anything. so as long as my customers are happy, and the results are great, thats all that matters to me.
If you always take your time you will barely get any calls for complaints.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I stopped using a bucket like it is been shown in that video, I had an incident where the urine stains were on the second floor right at the hallway, I have saturated the stains and then as I was coming down to the lower level I have noticed the ceiling was bubbly from the damn urine treatment, I immediately called the customer and showed it to him and luckily he told me that there is a crack up on the second floor right at the base that the water easily sips through and finds its way to that area. Good thing that he didn't blame me. Since then I only spray on the carpet to have more control for what amount I am putting there and make sure I don't over do it, just enough to get the pad, the bucket is dangerous that can make things uneven and flood the area and that water may travel to places.

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
I stopped using a bucket like it is been shown in that video, I had an incident where the urine stains were on the second floor right at the hallway, I have saturated the stains and then as I was coming down to the lower level I have noticed the ceiling was bubbly from the damn urine treatment, I immediately called the customer and showed it to him and luckily he told me that there is a crack up on the second floor right at the base that the water easily sips through and finds its way to that area. Good thing that he didn't blame me. Since then I only spray on the carpet to have more control for what amount I am putting there and make sure I don't over do it, just enough to get the pad, the bucket is dangerous that can make things uneven and flood the area and that water may travel to places.
I understand exactly what you are saying. I pour just enough that it sits atop the carpet for a split second. thats enough to get thru the backing to the pad. Im very cognizant of putting too much thru the subfloor. you really have to put a massive amount to have it go thru, but i dont take that chance. once it builds up on top i stop. that is the sweet spot for me.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
when I extract with a Water Claw I dont wait to get the last drop out. I leave just a smidge of the solution in which will continue working.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I understand exactly what you are saying. I pour just enough that it sits atop the carpet for a split second. thats enough to get thru the backing to the pad. Im very cognizant of putting too much thru the subfloor. you really have to put a massive amount to have it go thru, but i dont take that chance. once it builds up on top i stop. that is the sweet spot for me.
Have you seen this video?

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
Have you seen this video?

I have. And as I stated in my earlier posts on this thread I use all TMF pre sprays, but for urine saturation, unchained would only get me about 4 gallons rtu per gallon, thats not alot of gallons in one jug to use to saturate and sub floor extract. Unless im missing some Rob. I get 16 gallons out of one 6 lb powder jar with what i use now. I would gladly switch to unchained if im not seeing this application properly. I have Klarna and thats just another reason why I use TMF, not to mention I LOVE Biopro, and Black Label and Groutmaster. Please explain how I can get as much use out of a gallon of unchained as opposed to the 6lb jar of what im using now to saturate and sub floor extract. Are you saying unchained doesnt require sub floor extraction, there for i would be using less?