TMF Makes a Reel Crazy Video...Carpet Cleaning Hose Reels | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

TMF Makes a Reel Crazy Video...Carpet Cleaning Hose Reels

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Finally got all my hoses in for my Nissan NV hi top and Profire beast truckmount. Before I install them many have asked for a complete walk through of the dual wand reel set up. I am also having some space shelves built as we speak. Hope you like the video. If you do please click like on Youtube to help me out. Thanks.

Reactions: jwhatley and admin

jwhatley

TMF Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
4615 Deerwalk Ave
www.BlueRibbonFloorCare.com
Real Name
Joseph Whatley
Business Location
United States
How is the fuel use with the larger engine and so few jobs being dual wand?
And at that, what step is the speed control at?

Don't want the fuel cost going out of budget.
Truely like the dual wand available but with only about 5% of my work dual I can't afford a massive expense in gas every day.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Truely like the dual wand available but with only about 5% of my work dual I can't afford a massive expense in gas every day.
You can run the large Profire on low or medium speed really. Cleaning faster also means money saved too. Have to factor it all in.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood

Most TM's run about 1-2 gallons an hour when running. I think you would see more fuel usage from the van hauling around the weight of the machine vs a smaller unit. If you are hauling water that really adds up and uses up a lot of fuel.
Let's say this machine cost in fuel 6 hours of run time at 2 gallons per hour (on the high side) now look at a smaller unit that uses 1 gallon per hour at 6 hours. 12 gallons vs 6 gallons or probably around $20 a day more to operate. I guess if you had actual readings it would be more like 10-15 a day (all things being equal). You might check with Rob but I guess if you are running 1 wand at medium speed on the larger machine and full throttle on the smaller machine the fuel usage on both machines would be close. Dual wanding would cost about $2 more an hour.
One good job could handle that increase for the whole month. Hey, just sell $20 a day in protector.