TMF internet training courses

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
Has anyone here taken any of the TMF internet training courses? If so, what was your experience? Was it worth it? Which one did you find had the most value to you and your business?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I guess I have to take that as a no then?
Bump.

Ive seen Rob say on here he has reviews he can share but it would be nice if some were willing to share their own feedback and experience.

Unless, no one took the courses?

TWalters

Jun 22, 2018
Real Name
Tristen Walters
Bump.

Ive seen Rob say on here he has reviews he can share but it would be nice if some were willing to share their own feedback and experience.

Unless, no one took the courses?
I took the HWE course when I first bought my truckmount last year. It really helped me learn the best process to do things. I learned some good tricks about specialty stains, how to remove them ect. That and his YouTube videos have taught me a lot. I bought the course with the 4 containers of chemicals for $299, so basically got the course for $100 or so, and it was very good money spent in my opinion.

Reactions: pmathot and Select

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I took the HWE course when I first bought my truckmount last year. It really helped me learn the best process to do things. I learned some good tricks about specialty stains, how to remove them ect. That and his YouTube videos have taught me a lot. I bought the course with the 4 containers of chemicals for $299, so basically got the course for $100 or so, and it was very good money spent in my opinion.
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

So you bought a truckmount that most likely has hot water and I believe the picture of the HWE class shows a portable. I most likely will start with a portable extractor that isn't heated.

Do you think this HWE class would still be relevant in this case?

And, getting the chemicals thereby reducing the cost of the class does make it more reasonable.

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

So you bought a truckmount that most likely has hot water and I believe the picture of the HWE class shows a portable. I most likely will start with a portable extractor that isn't heated.

Do you think this HWE class would still be relevant in this case?

And, getting the chemicals thereby reducing the cost of the class does make it more reasonable.
Yes the class will still be relevant for you. Heat is one part of the cleaning pie. The process and type of cleaning relative to the type of equipment you are planning on using and what you will be cleaning should determine the class you pick. I will tell you the best advise I can give you is HEAVILY USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION OF THIS SITE BEFORE PURCHASING EQUIPMENT! Learn about all the types of cleaning. Look around where you are planning to run your business and ask yourself how you are going to get clients before you buy anything! First, I would ask you to invest the time in the search engine, then invest the time in figuring out who is going to buy from you and how you are going to get their attention. Next, for sure spend the money in education, then buy equipment. Get the order wrong and you make life real hard for yourself. Good luck.

Reactions: pmathot

M4sT3R T3CH

Feb 1, 2009
Topeka
Real Name
Randall Blackwell
Business Location
United States
Has anyone here taken any of the TMF internet training courses? If so, what was your experience? Was it worth it? Which one did you find had the most value to you and your business?
I bought the complete training package. To be honest with you some classes are better than others but they are all good. Im on my 18th year and i basically bought them for refreshing myself but also having my techs go through them. If your just starting out they will definatly help you. If your a seasoned vet they can help you correct some things you have been doing wrong and can also reignite some of the passion in the CC business.

The HWE course will definately help you even with a portable. But i would ask why a portable? If its a cost issue then your money may be better spent on a CRB or a trinity OP machine. If someone would of gave me this info when i started my own business 10 years ago i could of avoided spending so much on my TM and got things rolling a lot cheaper. Im not gonna tell you any more than that but you should at least look at low moisture encap cleaning. The technology is amazing here. Plus i now have 3 TM and am pondering more on the encap side of things in the near future.

Robs classes are worth every penny.

TWalters

Jun 22, 2018
Real Name
Tristen Walters
Yeah they will definitely still apply. If you don’t have heat, you have to compensate somewhere else. Whether that be more agitation, more dwell time, ect. But you can do it. I agree with the above. Portables are good, but I made the choice to start with a truckmount because I felt that if I did start with a portable, I would always be wanting to upgrade. In the end, it would’ve been way more expensive to purchase a portable because I would’ve probably broke down and bought a truckmount by now. If you’re work is going to be in high rise apartments, ect, then I would look into VLM. I’m just getting into it and have been amazed at the results that you can receive with it, and I don’t even have the best equipment for it.

Reactions: M4sT3R T3CH