Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
so I'm gonna get a crb...I think, and curious what people think of tmf crb compared to brushpro or brush encap from excellent supply. TMF's crb is like $1800 for a 15 inch and interlink has a 10 inch for like $2000, excellent supply is priced about the same as interlink. Just looking for thoughts, thanks!

Reactions: Kyle8

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
so I'm gonna get a crb...I think, and curious what people think of tmf crb compared to brushpro or brush encap from excellent supply. TMF's crb is like $1800 for a 15 inch and interlink has a 10 inch for like $2000, excellent supply is priced about the same as interlink. Just looking for thoughts, thanks!
The brush pro is the highest quality, longest lasting, and most moisture resistant. Yes it is also the most expensive. The question is do you want a machine that will last without the need for repairs, or do you want a machine that has the same issues you will see if you do a thorough search through this forum. (Stripped gears, rust, etc.)

When buying a machine like the brush pro, the cost divided over its lifetime is practically nothing.

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
The brush pro is the highest quality, longest lasting, and most moisture resistant. Yes it is also the most expensive. The question is do you want a machine that will last without the need for repairs, or do you want a machine that has the same issues you will see if you do a thorough search through this forum. (Stripped gears, rust, etc.)

When buying a machine like the brush pro, the cost divided over its lifetime is practically nothing.
I believe you get what you pay for and I hear good things about brush pro...just $2000 for the 10 inch is a tough one for me haha I'm a tightwad with spending any kind of money like that

Reactions: Kyle8

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I believe you get what you pay for and I hear good things about brush pro...just $2000 for the 10 inch is a tough one for me haha I'm a tightwad with spending any kind of money like that
Wait for Black Friday then if you can. I bought my 20" on sale. I personally wouldn't mess with the 10" sure you can use it on stairs but I can also use my $16 drill brush on stairs (with a makita drill I already have)

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Contact John from superior cleaning solutions (877) 644-0077. He will work a deal with you on a brushpro. I have a brushpro 20" and love it.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
The brushpro has sealed motors which allows very wet use. Most of the others don't have sealed motors

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I've never seen rust on our units. Rarely a stripped gear. Remember all of them strip gears when overloaded as a protection to the motor.

As far as motors sealed they all are the same and can work up to 2" of water. We use ours in our rug pit all time. Our quality has met and even passed most brands.

They are worried and only leg they have to stand on is German made. Well ours is made by the iPhone plant. And we give the best warranty hands down.

Reality is they are all good now.

Reactions: StevenB. and admin

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
And regardless of what brand you go with stay away from a 10" because your production times will be very poor.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
We have the strong dry which I think is the same as the TMF one, we got it right when strong dry came out with them I think almost 4-5yrs ago and not one single issue.

The gears get stripped because people don't keep it clean, it's fighting wads of hair and gunk.... definitely operator error. Cleaning it after every scrub is a must and it takes seconds

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
And regardless of what make or model you buy never use them above 2 inches of water. No such thing as a completely water sealed motor, all it means is that it's water resistant not waterproof or shock proof.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I've never seen rust on our units. Rarely a stripped gear. Remember all of them strip gears when overloaded as a protection to the motor.

As far as motors sealed they all are the same and can work up to 2" of water. We use ours in our rug pit all time. Our quality has met and even passed most brands.

They are worried and only leg they have to stand on is German made. Well ours is made by the iPhone plant. And we give the best warranty hands down.

Reality is they are all good now.
They are not all the same. Call excellent supply and ask them why theirs is $1k cheaper than brush pro even though they are made from the same company.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Im thinking about a 20inch soon, we have a 15 on one truck and it's great but all the times I've used it your mostly scrubbing more open areas with traffic lanes and it seems like the 20 would make things faster

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
And regardless of what brand you go with stay away from a 10" because your production times will be very poor.
I can't speak on the larger model crbs but I have a 10 inch brush pro and love the thing. Production times might be poor on commercial but hardly poor on residential.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I bought a 10 inch brushpro crb last week for 1750 +40 shipping 2 weeks ago. That price is all over the internet if you look closely. Rotovac matched the price on mine and sold me the brown brushes for 100 more.

Blacktiedetailing

www.crsurfacecare.com
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2011
Las Vegas
WWW.CRSurfaceCare.com
Real Name
Jeff Kondra
Business Location
United States
I think Nomad74 has a few pics of one with torn up gear shaft. Other than that, I have heard great things about them

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
one can't compare those things based on price.

You can look at it this way

beamers are three times more expensive than Kias Both will drive around

one will offer you luxurious rides comfort and peace of mind but it does not mean Kia's will not be reliable.

some will say cheap is cheap for a reason and some others will say the more expensive are over priced.

Do some research all over the boards call people around and then make an informed desition.

I have dissected all of them brush pro, Chinese ones, and Austrian ones.

They are not by any means the same. inner parts are made in different parts of the globe. I know now what to buy and the reason why

If you don't have the time to take them apart and research the piece by piece how it was made and how reliable it could be. We got you covered!

We have done that and more we can tell you exactly how each component was machined, where and how much it cost.

I'm going to give you all this information as a GIFT! Yes Sr as a gift.

If you take in consideration that I spent over 15K worth of CRB's for this project
and I spent over 700 Hrs labor dissecting these things and my average hourly rate is $120

Asking you to make a small contribution of $10,595 to my "Carpet Cleaning Equipment Research Institute" Is a GIFT. I will send my complete research in PDF format with pictures absolutely FREE as my gift for your kind contribution to the growth of this splendid industry.

But Wait.... Not only that I will also send to you a "signed by Johnny" picture of me and Johnny @Johnny Bravo having lunch by the beach celebrating my first 100hrs of research.

just click the link below and download your info package right away.

Bonus: We will send you a 4k quality video of the complete research along with the bloopers. don't wait any longer click now

ILoveJohnny.com