TMF acid rinse question

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
How much powder would I have to mix to make a concentrated 1 gallon of liquid TMF acid rinse to be injected using a Nautilus portable with chemical injector with 256:1 metering tip? I prespray all of my carpet so I mainly use this rinse to balance PH, let’s say then that I don’t need the “heavily soiled” carpets dilution.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
With 1 :256 metering, you will be making 256 gallons. I don't have the TMF rinse label, but take whatever it suggests for 1 gallon or some other amount and do the math.

It is probably not going to be possible to get enough powder for 256 to dissolve and stay dissolved in 1 gallon of water. You may need to change the plan.

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
With 1 :256 metering, you will be making 256 gallons. I don't have the TMF rinse label, but take whatever it suggests for 1 gallon or some other amount and do the math.

It is probably not going to be possible to get enough powder for 256 to dissolve and stay dissolved in 1 gallon of water. You may need to change the plan.
Hi Scott, if I want to inject straight from a 1 gallon jug of Fab-set rinse using my Nautilus, what ratio metering tip should I use?
And if I wanted to fill an empty one gallon jug with concentrated flex ice liquid made by me with my powdered flex Ice and inject from it using my nautilus, how much powder would I have to mix and what ratio metering tip?
Thanks!
I hope I make more sense now.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Here is a chart showing the various tips that are available:
Hydro Force Metering Tip Dilution Ratios

High Pressure Sprayer @ 400 PSI
Tip Color Dilution Ratio =Ounces per Gallon

No Tip 1:4 32

Gray 1:5 26

Black 1:6 21

Yellow 1:8 16

Blue 1:10 13

White 1:16 8

Brown 1:32 4

All dilution rates are approximate because water pressure, flow rate and other factors can vary.

To determine the exact dilution rate for your sprayer when connected to your truck mount or portable –

• Put one cupful (8 ounces) of water in the jug.
  • Hook-up and spray into a bucket.
  • Stop spraying when the water you put in the jug has all sprayed out.
  • Measure the amount of water in the bucket and calculate the dilution ratio. For example if the bucket holds 72 ounces of water subtract the 8 ounces of water you started with. Divide that by 8. The answer is the dilution ratio.
72 ounces – 8 ounces = 64 ounces. 64 / 8 = 8. So the dilution ratio is 8 to 1.

You want to end up at about 1:256. There is no tip that dilutes a product that much. So, you would need to pre-dilute the Fab-Set and then let the Hydro-Force dilute it again.

Divide the desire dilution (256) by the tip dilution 32 if you were using the brown tip). 256/32= 8. Pre-dilute the Fab-Set at 1:8. That is 16 ounces of Fab-Set to 1 gallon of water (rounding to whole numbers). Put this mixture in the jug and then use the brown tip.

If you wanted to use a different metering tip, you could do the same math.

To use Flex Ice to rinse with a portable, the label suggests 1 ounce in 5 gallons of water for average soil or 2 ounces per 5 gallons in heavy soil. Just put this much in your rinse tank.

If you have auto-fill, it gets more complicated because it is necessary to know the pressure of the water coming into the auto-fill line. Every location is going to be different. But, you can estimate and adjust as you see how it works.

Each gallon is 128 ounces, so 5 gallons is 640 ounces. 1 ounce to 5 gallons for light soil is 1:640. 2 Ounces to 5 gallons for heavy soil is 1:320. You want to finish reasonably close to those dilutions.

Dissolve 8 ounces of Flex Ice in your 1 gallon container of water. This equals 1:16. You could put more Flex Ice in but if you put too much in, it begins to settle out while you are working. 1:16 makes a nice round number to do the math.

If you want the level for heavy soil which is 1:320 and the pre-dilution is 1:16, the next dilution needs to be 320/16 = 20. Pick at tip that is close to 1:20.

There will be a list of the dilution for each tip you have available.

Reactions: Rico1