Tm3 10" crb

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
I got tools, a rotary, a sx15, bonzer...my point is our crap is way over priced and I'm going to keep calling manufacturers out on it. What's the difference between a Cadillac Escalade and a Chevy suburban..... nothing

If you don’t understand the difference between a Lexus and a Toyota, or a Cadillac and a Chevy then you will always be a two bit hack. I love working with a quality too whether it’s a wand, truckmount, crb, car, gun, or anything else.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
I'm not knocking the tool, I'm knocking us in the industry who pay too much for overpriced tools. I will never change my mind that we get priced gouged and flat out raped by manufacturers on these tools

Sean M Collins

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
I got tools, a rotary, a sx15, bonzer...my point is our crap is way over priced and I'm going to keep calling manufacturers out on it. What's the difference between a Cadillac Escalade and a Chevy suburban..... nothing

Actually when those ‘same’ parts are made they go through different levels of quality control depending on the brand they’re for so if strut is for a ford it goes through less quality checks than ‘ same ‘ strut for a Lincoln ... in carpet cleaning we are very hard on our equipment do you think a janitor is as tough on his equipment as a carpet cleaner for example

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Actually when those ‘same’ parts are made they go through different levels of quality control depending on the brand they’re for so if strut is for a ford it goes through less quality checks than ‘ same ‘ strut for a Lincoln ... in carpet cleaning we are very hard on our equipment do you think a janitor is as tough on his equipment as a carpet cleaner for example
I can promise you. At least in Ford's case no it doesn't. Same exact parts on a Ford crown Victoria, Mercury grand Marquis and Lincoln Town car. Same exact 4.6 liter engine, same exact frame, same wiring, same shocks, springs, struts, same rotors, same metal to make the body, same glass to make the windows. I know this from personal experience having dealt with Ford for my entire law enforcement career.

Reactions: Frank Fratto

Sean M Collins

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
I can promise you. At least in Ford's case no it doesn't. Same exact parts on a Ford crown Victoria, Mercury grand Marquis and Lincoln Town car. Same exact 4.6 liter engine, same exact frame, same wiring, same shocks, springs, struts, same rotors, same metal to make the body, same glass to make the windows. I know this from personal experience having dealt with Ford for my entire law enforcement career.

It’s at the part manufacturers level I know cause my wife worked at one

Tater

Jan 14, 2014
Real Name
Richard Whithers

When I buy used stuff other than cars, boats or trailers, I try to be about 25% to 35% of the price for of the new product, 50% is always my cap. If I have to pay more than half I will buy new. I certainly agree with your statement awratchford, that tools can be overpriced. Take Sprayers and OP machines for example. Why sprayers are like 4 to 5 hundred and why op machines go from a $300 oreck to a $2000 vibe and up has also always frustrated me. HOWEVER, there is a big difference between the Escalade and the Yukons/Suburbans other than nicer looking trim. Escalades have a bigger 6.2 engine, and the others have 5.3 liters. When you tow, its a huge difference. Thats not swag, thats power. :)

Sean M Collins

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins

As an example the ford strut she worked on had 3 quality country tests and stopped if they were for Lincoln they did an additional 4 tests

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
As an example the ford strut she worked on had 3 quality country tests and stopped if they were for Lincoln they did an additional 4 tests
That makes sense until you go to the parts store to order the replacement motorcraft part. That part just says motorcraft with part number. No distinction for Ford,Lincoln,Mercury. Trust me I know. When I managed our fleet of crown vics I learned this from the dealer, the mechanics at the dealer and the parts counter. Very few of the mechanical parts are different. That 4.6 liter engine can come right out of any of those cars and bolt to any other without any modifications at all.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
When I buy used stuff other than cars, boats or trailers, I try to be about 25% to 35% of the price for of the new product, 50% is always my cap. If I have to pay more than half I will buy new. I certainly agree with your statement awratchford, that tools can be overpriced. Take Sprayers and OP machines for example. Why sprayers are like 4 to 5 hundred and why op machines go from a $300 oreck to a $2000 vibe and up has also always frustrated me. HOWEVER, there is a big difference between the Escalade and the Yukons/Suburbans other than nicer looking trim. Escalades have a bigger 6.2 engine, and the others have 5.3 liters. When you tow, its a huge difference. Thats not swag, thats power. :)
Let's not get me started on sprayers. $400 for a friggin pump up. Jesus. I can go to home Depot buy one for $12. Even if it only lasts me 6 months, I can buy 33 of them for that same $400.thats essentially 16 years worth of sprayers....only a moron would spend $400 on a friggin pump up. Further proof our industry rapes us on prices. I went out six months ago and bought a nice back pack 4 gallon pump up sprayer for $59. Still using today. Not a single problem

Reactions: Tater

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
The only that separates the Police Interseptor is a X pipe and a taller rear end .
Crown Victoria max out about 135 mph
Charger's max's out at 150 mph with a roof bar and 155 mph with out a roof bar light .

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Want to trade for something? I got a little of everything