Oct 23, 2017
Real Name
Matthew Phillips
Like new tm3 crb 10". $1700
20171022_215331.jpeg
20171022_215402.jpeg
20171022_220402.jpeg
20171022_220731.jpeg
20171022_215331.jpeg 20171022_215402.jpeg 20171022_220402.jpeg 20171022_220731.jpeg

Reactions: StevenB.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
No offense but isn’t that the price of a new one?

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Again I go back to my stance of our equipment being severely overpriced. I first would never pay $1700 for that little thing. Second, every time someone sells something used they want as close to full price as they got suckered into paying

News flash,. Buy a brand new car, as soon as you pull out the parking lot the value has dropped $3k. You buy a brand new wand for $500. You want to sell it after a month, you're dumb if you think anyone would pay over $250. No one is here to correct your mistakes for you buying some overpriced new toy of the month. Once something is used, it's used. Geez.....rants done

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Just for reference.....under the hood of a pricey Lincoln sedan is the same frame and engine as a Ford crown Victoria.....yet major difference in price for slapping that Lincoln name on it. Difference a Lexus and a Toyota...same parts different name. Different price bracket. Take a couple of spinning brushes, throw it on a cheap metal stick, call it a "counter rotating brush" suddenly its worth $1700..... Any other name, any other industry that same tool would be $500.

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
Just for reference.....under the hood of a pricey Lincoln sedan is the same frame and engine as a Ford crown Victoria.....yet major difference in price for slapping that Lincoln name on it. Difference a Lexus and a Toyota...same parts different name. Different price bracket. Take a couple of spinning brushes, throw it on a cheap metal stick, call it a "counter rotating brush" suddenly its worth $1700..... Any other name, any other industry that same tool would be $500.
Damn man you're such a tool hater lol

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Do you own a crb?
No, and I ain't fixing to buy one for $1700 either. I'll buy one for $500 tops. Bottom line, at the end of the day. I have to make money with this tool.

$1700 for this tool, trying to explain to the "average, ie (majority of your bread and butter customers) that they need their carpet to have this this increasing the price by at least $75-$100 ain't going to happen, especially in Alabama when NOONE but you carries that tool. I mean Lord these folks here aren't even used to cleaners doing dry strokes, they're used to carpet taking days to dry not hours

Buster123

Jan 19, 2009
Gainesville Va
Real Name
Joe Bouch
Business Location
United States
No, and I ain't fixing to buy one for $1700 either. I'll buy one for $500 tops. Bottom line, at the end of the day. I have to make money with this tool.

$1700 for this tool, trying to explain to the "average, ie (majority of your bread and butter customers) that they need their carpet to have this this increasing the price by at least $75-$100 ain't going to happen, especially in Alabama when NOONE but you carries that tool. I mean Lord these folks here aren't even used to cleaners doing dry strokes, they're used to carpet taking days to dry not hours

Bro, I didn't buy this tool to impress my customers or charge more for the use of it. I simply got it to make my job expediently easier and to be able to encap lightly soiled carpets where the gas guzzling truckmount isn't necessary. That's money back IN my pocket.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Bro, I didn't buy this tool to impress my customers or charge more for the use of it. I simply got it to make my job expediently easier and to be able to encap lightly soiled carpets where the gas guzzling truckmount isn't necessary. That's money back IN my pocket.
I can encap with a 17 inch Whittaker with shower tank for about $2200(still overpriced but much bigger). And let's be honest for a job to be much easier it must take LESS time. So if a cleaning would normally take a hour with a wand, add in the extra step of a crb we've added more time, whether 15 or 30 minutes, still more time. Now let's say instead of a wand and crb, I use a good rotary with a carpet brush head. I can buy that cheaper than a crb, still going to take about as much time as wand and crb I expect. I'm not knocking the machine itself. I like the machine, I just can't see spending $2k on something so small.

This will start a huge fight but let's look at the zipper vs Bonzer. Same type of tool, designed to do the same thing. One is $3k, the other half that. Can argue quality of build, size of frame, etc all day. At the end of the day a manufacturer put out a similar tool at half price and people love it as much as the zipper.

What about truckmounts-
Prochem 25/45 around $25k
Same spec tcs chief $18k. Just as dependable as prochem, simpler in design. Less that can break...$7k cheaper

Chemicals-. Prochem powerburst $49 8lb jug
Maxx ultramaxx (literally just as good) $29 8lb jug.

I can buy a brand new 175 machine with shower feed for less a grand, yet that little bitty crb...twice the price, has me scratching my head

Reactions: Rory henderson

Buster123

Jan 19, 2009
Gainesville Va
Real Name
Joe Bouch
Business Location
United States
I can encap with a 17 inch Whittaker with shower tank for about $2200(still overpriced but much bigger). And let's be honest for a job to be much easier it must take LESS time. So if a cleaning would normally take a hour with a wand, add in the extra step of a crb we've added more time, whether 15 or 30 minutes, still more time. Now let's say instead of a wand and crb, I use a good rotary with a carpet brush head. I can buy that cheaper than a crb, still going to take about as much time as wand and crb I expect. I'm not knocking the machine itself. I like the machine, I just can't see spending $2k on something so small.

This will start a huge fight but let's look at the zipper vs Bonzer. Same type of tool, designed to do the same thing. One is $3k, the other half that. Can argue quality of build, size of frame, etc all day. At the end of the day a manufacturer put out a similar tool at half price and people love it as much as the zipper.

What about truckmounts-
Prochem 25/45 around $25k
Same spec tcs chief $18k. Just as dependable as prochem, simpler in design. Less that can break...$7k cheaper

Chemicals-. Prochem powerburst $49 8lb jug
Maxx ultramaxx (literally just as good) $29 8lb jug.

I can buy a brand new 175 machine with shower feed for less a grand, yet that little bitty crb...twice the price, has me scratching my

I agree that lots of these tools are overpriced. I've been suckered in to buying many over priced tools over the years. 2 being the 360 and power wand. Sold both before they wore out and recouped some of my money. So the 10incher sparked my interest because of its ability to get into tight spaces in a residential setting. I like the tool a lot and it's ability to agitate makes wanding a snap! I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.