TM regulator psi rises after setting. Anyone have any ideas on fix? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

TM regulator psi rises after setting. Anyone have any ideas on fix?

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
I set my psi to 400 psi. It then rises up until trigger is pulled, going back down to 400 psi. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
It could also be the gauge. Mine is doing just the opposite of yours. I finally figured out my gauge is off by 150 psi. It drops some after I start working, but when I finish and turn my pump off the gauge reads 150 psi rather than 0. I already have a new gauge purchased. I see no way to correct the bad reading on the old gauge.

Reactions: LeeRoy

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
It could also be the gauge. Mine is doing just the opposite of yours. I finally figured out my gauge is off by 150 psi. It drops some after I start working, but when I finish and turn my pump off the gauge reads 150 psi rather than 0. I already have a new gauge purchased. I see no way to correct the bad reading on the old gauge.

It's not my gauge, I've been at the machine and watched it rise slowly and then used the curtesy hose to release the psi back down to 400 psi. I appreciate the feedback. Reference your issue, check the top of your gauge. You should find a small rubber nipple. If you push it to the side, it will release the psi and reset gauge to zero. Do this when the machine is not running.

Reactions: wandwizard

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I set my psi to 400 psi. It then rises up until trigger is pulled, going back down to 400 psi. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
How high is it going? Does it level off at some point or just keep going up?

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
Hi Todd, it will level off around 1000 psi before I bleed off the pressure and it will return to 400 psi. It's sporadic. Sometimes after I bleed it off it will then remain a 400 psi without raising again. I took the front of the unloaded apart and cleaned the inside with brake cleaner and reassembled yesterday. I ran the machine after and seems to have fixed issue. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
Actually Todd, I'm not sure if it stabilizes, because I don't let it get that hi before bleeding it off.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Actually Todd, I'm not sure if it stabilizes, because I don't let it get that hi before bleeding it off.
It might be good to install a pressure relief valve, actually it would be smart for every truckmount to have one just in case of an issue like this. The valves are adjustable to what ever psi you want to set it at. I’d set it just under the max rating of your heat exchanger.

The valves are cheap and easy to install. I’ll find a link later this afternoon for the one I used when I had a diesel burner. I think I’ll order one for each of my truckmounts too.

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
Thanks Todd! I appreciate the advise and will definitely buy one and install it once you get the link. This is the first time I've heard of one. Could you also give a tutorial on installing one? Thanks again Todd.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
For those watching this thread here’s the relief valve I’d use. It’s adjustable 1000-4000 psi and rated for 200 degree water. Plumb it in using a tee in the high pressure line. If you are using water over 220 degrees I would plumb it in between the pressure regulator and heat exchanger so it’s in line before the water gets heated.