TM Layout Decisions..

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
How would you install the reels? I initially wanted to do left side in order to leave the short wall on the right side of the van open for hanging tools and equipment, with that setup I have to walk around the back side of the reel to get to my chems, so it restricts access to the shelf and stuff, but if I move the reels to the right it opens up more floor space and the chem shelf is fully accessible, but organizing tools is a bit more complicated... Pros and Cons to both, just looking for other opinions..

Attachments

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Is there anything keeping you from putting the chem shelf on the other side?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
cant you put the chem shelf on the right side? That way it is accessible to the back and side doors. If the left side is the only side you can put the chem shelf then you gotta put the reels on the right unless you put the reels parallel to the TM (pull hoses out the side door)

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Is there anything keeping you from putting the chem shelf on the other side?
Then space behind the reels on the left is still pretty much dead space, you dont wanna fight with trying to hang things behind the reel... This is how it looked like that...

Attachments

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
cant you put the chem shelf on the right side? That way it is accessible to the back and side doors. If the left side is the only side you can put the chem shelf then you gotta put the reels on the right unless you put the reels parallel to the TM (pull hoses out the side door)
Nope my Machine is a monster... Not gonna be rear mounted and no room left out the side door...

Attachments

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Is that a Steamway frame

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Seems like the chemical shelf on the right side and hose reel on the left would make most sense?

Reactions: mrotto

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Thought it was, I have one sitting in back of my shop. Plus I'm working on two legacy 2100 units for a customer. one is a older one that has the old style coupler that is orange color and the other is newer and has the Lovejoy style coupler.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Thought it was, I have one sitting in back of my shop. Plus I'm working on two legacy 2100 units for a customer. one is a older one that has the old style coupler that is orange color and the other is newer and has the Lovejoy style coupler.
I had that Orange Donut when I first got the machine, it is terrible... The balance of the machine was completely off and no matter what I did I could never get it to run true... Ditched that piece o crap after the donut blew...

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Seems like the chemical shelf on the right side and hose reel on the left would make most sense?
A lot of people have told me that... I just dont see it... The space behind the reel is still dead space, now its just on the long wall instead of the short wall... lol...

Attachments

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
And actually both walls are the same size when you factor in the machine... They both start in front of the fender wells...

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
My friend has his powermatic set up with the reel on the right side opposite of how our vans are setup and I think it's best for him because he can't get in the side door at all anyway. His chem shelf is longer on the left with his Ford and he has the fuel cell behind the reel at the side door for easy access for fuelling. He was T-boned a couple years ago, van and waste tank were totaled and he chose to set it up exactly the same as it was before....

Reactions: john gerding

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I'm not sure how you will get to the solution hose reel when it's on either side of the walls. I think maybe your reel system is a bit cumbersome with the two extra reels. Do those to front reels hold water hose?

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I'm not sure how you will get to the solution hose reel when it's on either side of the walls. I think maybe your reel system is a bit cumbersome with the two extra reels. Do those to front reels hold water hose?
Negatory sir, the small reel on the vac reel is not my solution reel, in fact it is a turd, that little reel sucks so I dont use it for anything in my daily routine, I might actually cut it off, but if not it is going to hold a 25 foot 1.5" hosewhip. The standalone reels are 10 times better, waterhose on the left and solution line on the right... Here is a pic of how it was rigged in my old van...

Attachments

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Negatory sir, the small reel on the vac reel is not my solution reel, in fact it is a turd, that little reel sucks so I dont use it for anything in my daily routine, I might actually cut it off, but if not it is going to hold a 25 foot 1.5" hosewhip. The standalone reels are 10 times better, waterhose on the left and solution line on the right... Here is a pic of how it was rigged in my old van...
How do u like the royal vacuum?

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
A lot of people have told me that... I just dont see it... The space behind the reel is still dead space, now its just on the long wall instead of the short wall... lol...
Just an off idea..what about putting the reel in the center? You might have just enough room to get to ur chem rack on one side and ur wands on the other...can't tell how tight it'd be..and u could keep other things behind it

Reactions: john gerding

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
On the shelf above the seats is there enough room for smaller air movers?

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
So like a U shaped Island layout... Interesting idea... Nof fans would not fit in the cubby shelves above the seats, but they are good for stuff you might need in the cab like booties, rain coat ect...

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
How do u like the royal vacuum?
Cleans like a beast, unfortunately aluminum is a horrible material for a vacuum that sits in a humid van... They got so ugly I eventually ditched them... Have not been carrying a vacuum lately but need to get a new one...

Reactions: DakotaG