Titan 575 stalls for 5-10 seconds

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
2 1/2 years old with 1700 hours. Engine sputters for 5 to 10 seconds then keeps running perfectly. Only has happened three times in three months that I am aware of. First start of the day, second job, start of job, middle of job does not make a difference.

My thoughts is a bad waste tank float switch or needs a new fuel filter. Any other suggestions?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
thank you. It may very well be.

today the machine just stalled and quit working. Turns over but does not keep running.

Called Jon Don Tech Support and there is a wide variety of reasons this could be. Im not a mechanic and dont know where half of the things he was talking about are on the machine so Im taking it in on Friday morning. Will keep you posted.

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
thank you. It may very well be.

today the machine just stalled and quit working. Turns over but does not keep running.

Called Jon Don Tech Support and there is a wide variety of reasons this could be. Im not a mechanic and dont know where half of the things he was talking about are on the machine so Im taking it in on Friday morning. Will keep you posted.
Sometimes hard to diagnose intermittent problems but should be easier now that is has completely stopped running.
Could be a sensor or switch that finally went out or could be a fuel pump.
Good luck.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
took it to Jon Don Chicago and everything checked out so they started looking at electrical issues. Went through all the machines connections and found one that was bad but replaced several. I should have known that to be a possibility because last year the machine died - all power - and found out it was a bad wire connector that supplied power to the machine

So anyway, today it ran for 8 hours straight with no issues.