Titan 575 pressure dip

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
today I had to go out to the van to get something and saw a quick pressure dip on the pressure guage. It was real fast, never hitting zero then again in 15-20 seconds. Each time there was a click noise almost as if I turned off the pressure at the switch and immediately turned it on again. Any thoughts?

I have a video but dont know how to post it

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Were you using a fresh water tank? Could be your fresh water pump in not feeding the machine enough water causing it to bottom out. When it does it will trigger the clutch shutoff float switch in the bottom of your tank on the machine. It will shut the pump clutch off and then it comes right back on then off again. If you see that it's likely something is up with your fresh water pump.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
water transfer pump was putting out great water so I concentrated on the water box. I saw water leak out of the low water switch/float on the exterior of the water box. It was loose and in the upright position. So I looked at the manual and the float is pictured in the down position so I emptied the water box and tested it. Clutch would not turn on when its in the up position but it would turn on in the down position even though the water box had no water. so it actually should be in the up position as I found it. So I tightened the nuts and everything works as it should.

Simple fix.

I think what was happening was that it was loose enough to vibrate inside the water box making the clutch turn off and on real quick. Just a guess though. has been working fine since.

Reactions: wandwizard

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I noticed at a company I worked for the floats in Hydramaster water boxes were glitchy as hell. Sometimes they even flipped over.