Tired of the IICRC? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Tired of the IICRC?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Many insurance companies insist on some form of standardized training, especially for companies that enroll in program work consistently. It's a safety measure for them and gives them some peace of mind that the people they're sending out to do the work are actually trained to do it properly.

Reactions: Kyle8

clean slate

Apr 15, 2011
new hampshire
Real Name
adam
Business Location
United States
In 24 years & 60k+ jobs I've been asked about certifications exactly twice and one of the times the customer was a former carpet cleaner. I firmly believe in proper professional training, but the customer doesn't know or care about where or how long ago they got them IMO. Having well trained, qualified personal in the field cleaning high end furnishings along with the proper insurance on their work does actually matter. The basics need to be taught regardless of what banner they are taught under. Many here come to learn and snap at the hand that feeds? I hope Rob's system succeeds, because that means the industry succeeds and hopefully drives up the price on our underappreciated hard work.

I would be lying if I said I didn't cringe at some of the questions on here just like every other veteran that responds, but we offer good advice freely to help those just like those that helped us as noobs, however Google and forums are apparently the new research tool. lol
Good answer . No one gives a crap about certifications anymore . Especially when it was just a money grubbing scam if you think about it .ive known a few gupsy CCleaners that were super noobs and passed all the tests and they are still super noobs ha!

Reactions: Kyle8

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Good answer . No one gives a crap about certifications anymore . Especially when it was just a money grubbing scam if you think about it .ive known a few gupsy CCleaners that were super noobs and passed all the tests and they are still super noobs ha!
I know of a 10 yr old that passed the tests.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Mack Clark had the best answer on the IICRC thingy. He said that the owner go to the class and take back the information/textbooks and then teach the techs based on what he/she learned. Why send techs to an IICRC class (tuition, hotel, food, yikes!)

Anyway having gone to many IICRC classes, if I were to do it now I would definitely recommend taking the TMF classes