Tired of heat!!! Saved a lot of money here. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Tired of heat!!! Saved a lot of money here.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
What's nice about my stepvan ill just add an 3/4" plywood panel and upholster it.

Will be installing a rv A/C since the van came from Washington

Really no hurry though, both doors open really gets the air moving lol

Plus our busy season is winter

Reactions: keep it clean

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
Well the real reason for me was heat my van stays clean and organized as always I can't stand a smelly unorganized van with out hot dog trays and papers all on the dash. Nor will I ever have that happen with any employee I hire

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Yup you right... I will be putting a piece of wood on the very bottom possibly to tighten up the slack so it doesn't flap or a thin medal pipe. I'll come up with something.
No worries, that was just my meek attempt at entertaining Mike G.

Reactions: LightningCarpetCare

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Van bulkhead and insulate? unless you need to be able to access machine from front.

Sent from my SM-G900T using TMF Forums mobile app
or use wool blanket Instead of tarp. can get them cheap at army navy shops. Pretty durable. I have a bunch of them brown ones with grey stripe (Italian mil). Harbor frieght sells really cheap ones but they may rip under their own weight. can put fire proofing on them too. Plus they don't melt.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
or use wool blanket Instead of tarp. can get them cheap at army navy shops. Pretty durable. I have a bunch of them brown ones with grey stripe (Italian mil). Harbor frieght sells really cheap ones but they may rip under their own weight. can put fire proofing on them too. Plus they don't melt.

So you guys do use these while driving?

I mean you have 2 mirrors, but still it's hard to see the crazy people as it is.

On the plus side I would probably less nervous having a curtain like that as my TM is set in such a way that I can only see the glass of my 2 back doors and it always makes me think I left the door open.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
So you guys do use these while driving?

I mean you have 2 mirrors, but still it's hard to see the crazy people as it is.

On the plus side I would probably less nervous having a curtain like that as my TM is set in such a way that I can only see the glass of my 2 back doors and it always makes me think I left the door open.
no not me. Only offering ideas. I have a bulkhead behind me. but I can see somewhat through the cage out the side window. for like backing out off driveway. my rear view mirror is gone. Took it off. Fords super duty vans got the big elephant ear mirrors. can see just about everything.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
no not me. Only offering ideas. I have a bulkhead behind me. but I can see somewhat through the cage out the side window. for like backing out off driveway. my rear view mirror is gone. Took it off. Fords super duty vans got the big elephant ear mirrors. can see just about everything.

and backup sensors too. when the beep goes flat I have about a foot between my bumper and object. when it begins to beep Im far enough away to open my back doors. pia when snow piles up on bumper though. beeps like crazy.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
and backup sensors too. when the beep goes flat I have about a foot between my bumper and object. when it begins to beep Im far enough away to open my back doors. pia when snow piles up on bumper though. beeps like crazy.

Ah that's a cool feature to have! I can never tell how close I am to anything but on the sides.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ah that's a cool feature to have! I can never tell how close I am to anything but on the sides.
I've been spoiled by it now. when I get in another van I'm backing up like sht. Get out and look. backup get out look again lol. tow mirrors work great. if you got a ford you can order the super duty mirrors aftermarket. it gives a great view of back bumper so you can better judge distance and merging traffic. gm I think has them in after market. I got rid of my gmc before ever looking it it.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
My scooby van has back up camera. I'll do same with step van since it has solid back door

My buddies van has rear window but you can't see down low anyway.

Also my scooby van has back up buZzer also. I usually park to left left so I can see better when backing out at businesses and such