Tired of deodorizers that don't work

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
I was banned ova there too cause I don't drink the koolaid, I stir it!!!

Back on topic, we use a product not really a deodorizer but it kicks butt better than anything we have tested by far and it leaves a unique odor for a few days. One test was a thick cut pile commercial carpet where they were serving seafood and the coolers leaked. The odor permeated about 200sqft. A clean and topical treatment, the next day odor completely gone. That's just one of many we have done.

Last edited:

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I have a different opinion of using strong fragrances on oriental rugs. My opinion, is that the rug should smell like a wool rug when you return it. If the rug has a strong fragrance when it is delivered a few days after drying, then likely you have used too much fragrance and can create a re-soiling issue. Our original Hydrocide has no fragrance but effectively deals with any remaining organic odors. Hydrocide is my preferred Wool Balance deodorizer and the rugs are returned with the new car (new rug) smell. https://interlinksupply.com/wool_balance.php
100% agree. I like the smell of clean.

Reactions: J20770

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
I have a different opinion of using strong fragrances on oriental rugs. My opinion, is that the rug should smell like a wool rug when you return it. If the rug has a strong fragrance when it is delivered a few days after drying, then likely you have used too much fragrance and can create a re-soiling issue. Our original Hydrocide has no fragrance but effectively deals with any remaining organic odors. Hydrocide is my preferred Wool Balance deodorizer and the rugs are returned with the new car (new rug) smell. https://interlinksupply.com/wool_balance.php
I totally agree with you. An oriental rug should smell like wool, absolutely. But when customers want the deodorizer smell that they pay for, I want it to smell like the fragrance I sell them. Otherwise they feel cheated.

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States

Back on topic, we use a product not really a deodorizer but it kicks butt better than anything we have tested by far and it leaves a unique odor for a few days. One test was a thick cut pile commercial carpet where they were serving seafood and the coolers leaked. The odor permeated about 200sqft. A clean and topical treatment, the next day odor completely gone. That's just one of many we have done.
We serve frogs at this establishment! Let us know if you need anything!:cool:

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
Frogs legs are very delicious. I have about 10 lbs in tha freezer.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States

What is the product name? Thank you.

puffinnuggins

Sep 10, 2016
Real Name
Jeff Keeven
I'm fed up with deodorizers that do not keep their scent on freshly cleaned carpets and rugs. Everytime I spray deodorizers or mix into my stock solution, the next day when I inspect the area rugs the scent is gone. It makes me mad because I don't want mt customers to think I'm ripping the off. I currently use the Bridgepoint line. It smells good while I'm cleaning but that's about all. I had the same problem with Matrix line. I made the switch from Matrix to Bridgepoint for this reason and the fact that Matrix does not have directions for an after cleaning application. So it's useless to me. I want a deodorizer that smells good and stays that way after the carpet is dry. I use Hydrocide extreme, but there's no way I'm using that stuff on general purpose deodorizing because of the cost. I charge allot for my services but that doesn't mean I have to break the bank on all my chemicals. There has to be a better cost effective solution available. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Odercide is one of the best (we like the fresh scent the best but the have a few) they also have a lighter line called duolast i believe. The only better one is last resort but be careful with that one the smell can be bothersome to clients

Reactions: Ara Klujian