Reactions: Ymetimme

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Are those your best suggestions for someone to try that wants the longest lasting smell
I really want to have something that will leave a pleasant odor
Well, in that case you have to spend some $$ to see what you and your customers fancy. For example, cinnamon scent is nice, once you apply it on the carpet there is a slim chance that customer will like it. There are so many variables, topic becomes more complicated once you dig deeper. There are instances where your pre spray solution is enough to evoke distant clean scent, even without applying any deo after completing the job. To rely on recommendation in this case is futile . Why don't you try bunch of samples from different companies. Deodorizers itself cost around $20, but once you start playing with masking or eliminating odors you can go high as $90. I don't use any deo at the moment , but I make sure carpet smells fresh after I leave the house...

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
The most popular scents around here at the moment seem to be lemon (Bridgepoint's Sweet Lemon or Newline's LemonSolv), Odorcide Fresh Scent, melon, and a citrus blend that's not just lemon or orange but a combination of ALL citrus fruits. During the winter holiday season, apple, spice, and vanilla take over. High summer, lavender seems to pick up.

And yes, Jim, you are the only one who buys that Last Resort. I quite literally stock it just for you. How else am I gonna drag you off the fishin' boat every few months?!?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
The most popular scents around here at the moment seem to be lemon (Bridgepoint's Sweet Lemon or Newline's LemonSolv), Odorcide Fresh Scent, melon, and a citrus blend that's not just lemon or orange but a combination of ALL citrus fruits. During the winter holiday season, apple, spice, and vanilla take over. High summer, lavender seems to pick up.

And yes, Jim, you are the only one who buys that Last Resort. I quite literally stock it just for you. How else am I gonna drag you off the fishin' boat every few months?!?
Sweet Lemon is pretty nice stuff. Haven’t tried Newlines

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Naw just goofing being a carpet cleaner.
Good reminder people get sick of certain ones putting you down as if they know everything. I absolutely love learning and seek knowledge. But here on the forum certain ones really discourage people from asking newbie guestions without getting shot down or treated poorly.
There’s many ways to have the end result be a clean carpet. But certain ones either put down people making them feel small or try to make carpet cleaning sound so difficult Einstein can’t figure it out.
Carpet cleaning isn’t hard. We suck dirt from carpets, 1st day cleaner, or 50 yr cleaner suck dirt from carpets. In the beginning we ask questions, later a pro separates fact from fiction. But I feel we always have the capacity to learn. Much of what we learn however is based on sales, marketing, what’s common and not math, science or facts.
Newbies and others should be able to ask questions without the fear of being put down, made fun of, or givin answers as if nothing can’t be achieved without a truck mount. Also the if I can’t afford it, it’s not needed is idiotic.
Everyone has something to add here and even learn from new thoughts.
Hundreds of great members have left the forum. All people with something to add.
I refuse to be the drone that follows the leader just because someone says something is good or true when it’s foolishness. I’m a thinking man, not a follower.
I will continue to embrace education. This summer much of it is already scheduled for carpet dying, rug washing re training, odor control and such. Certain people feel as if they are privileged to say or do as they wish and the other guy isn’t intelligent enough or here long enough so has to take it. I call that out. Nobody even men like to be treated as inferior, ribbing and fun is one thing. Cleaners have a certain amt of fun goofing and enjoying what we do. But enough is enough. Call me a rookie, I actually appreciate it as being excepted into the group. But 1 yr cleaner or 100 year cleaners we suck dirt from carpets and we can treat each other with dignity, or get the cannon fired back.

Last edited:

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few that keeps you stocking last resort... I couldn't imagine, not having it on the van.
I have had a partial bottle on the shelf for years.
does it get better with age!!LOL!

For the heck of it , went and opened it up.. Now I can't get the smell off of my fingers!! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Davisson

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Good reminder people get sick of certain ones putting you down as if they know everything. I absolutely love learning and seek knowledge. But here on the forum certain ones really discourage people from asking newbie guestions without getting shot down or treated poorly.
There’s many ways to have the end result be a clean carpet. But certain ones either put down people making them feel small or try to make carpet cleaning sound so difficult Einstein can’t figure it out.
Carpet cleaning isn’t hard. We suck dirt from carpets, 1st day cleaner, or 50 yr cleaner suck dirt from carpets. In the beginning we ask questions, later a pro separates fact from fiction. But I feel we always have the capacity to learn. Much of what we learn however is based on sales, marketing, what’s common and not math, science or facts.
Newbies and others should be able to ask questions without the fear of being put down, made fun of, or givin answers as if nothing can’t be achieved without a truck mount. Also the if I can’t afford it, it’s not needed is idiotic.
Hundreds of great members have left the forum. All people with something to add.
I refuse to be the drone that follows the leader just because someone says something is good or true when it’s foolishness. I’m a thinking man, not a follower.
I will continue to embrace education. This summer much of it is already scheduled for carpet dying, rug washing re training, odor control and such. Certain people feel as if they are privileged to say or do as they wish and the other guy isn’t intelligent enough or here long enough so has to take it. I call that out. Nobody even men like to be treated as inferior, ribbing and fun is one thing. Cleaners have a certain amt of fun goofing and enjoying what we do. But enough is enough. Call me a rookie, I actually appreciate it as being excepted into the group. But 1 yr cleaner or 100 year cleaners we suck dirt from carpets and we can treat each other with dignity, or get the cannon fired back.
I guess you're right for the new guy lol
No seriously this can be a pretty hostile place for a new cleaner

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States

For the heck of it , went and opened it up.. Now I can't get the smell off of my fingers!! :D
Kid you not, if you get that stuff on ANYTHING it will smell like that forever. I have a box cutter from six years ago that still smells like it.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

It's strong stuff, but when you have to have results right now it's nice to have a product that works.

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
If you think this is bad, take a look at other forums.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I have no idea what you are talking about Rookie, I haven't been reading as many posts or posting as much as I used to. Based off what you posted it sounds pretty much like it has always been since I joined 9 years ago.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Kid you not, if you get that stuff on ANYTHING it will smell like that forever. I have a box cutter from six years ago that still smells like it.
This seems like a good way to catch a cheating spouse. Million $ idea?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I have no idea what you are talking about Rookie, I haven't been reading as many posts or posting as much as I used to. Based off what you posted it sounds pretty much like it has always been since I joined 9 years ago.
Very true..... we do appreciate you as a moderator. Even when things hit the fan you were still online.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
If you think this is bad, take a look at other forums.
True that.... I was invited on the other carpet forum, and after two posts didn’t see the value.

Reactions: J20770

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
I have a different opinion of using strong fragrances on oriental rugs. My opinion, is that the rug should smell like a wool rug when you return it. If the rug has a strong fragrance when it is delivered a few days after drying, then likely you have used too much fragrance and can create a re-soiling issue. Our original Hydrocide has no fragrance but effectively deals with any remaining organic odors. Hydrocide is my preferred Wool Balance deodorizer and the rugs are returned with the new car (new rug) smell. https://interlinksupply.com/wool_balance.php