Tired of deodorizers that don't work

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Ozone... the chemical sellers love selling us products. A $60 ozone machine in a vacant home works wonders for a few hrs.

Ntkllc

Aug 25, 2018
Real Name
Nick kendall
I am also looking for something that will leave a long long lingering smell. Looks like I will try either last resort or maybe tabac attack. What do either they smell like I don’t see a scent or any idea?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Want strong try
spraying a light mist of CTI's/pros choice Molecular modifier on the back of a full synthetic rug then let me know if that works.

on natural try running a vaportek through a air tunnel (you can make one out of an old water heater box, lay it side ways use some styrofoam blocks to suspend it and run a vaportek with high air velocity fan.

Or
go to a organic store and buy lavender oil or lemon oil or Orange oil, peppermint oil or cinnamon oil. itll be expensive but will be nice.

mix 2 -4 ounces [or experiment on your own formula] to 1 gallon of water and lightly mist the backing of any type of rug with your mix

works but i dont like this recipe
You can also use alcohol (oil 1 oz to 32 oz alcohol) but do experiment with different oils before applying to rug.
Do you remember the old formulation of odor barrier (shellac based) used in conjunction with molecular modifier, Holy Moses did those products work! Couldn't keep a pump up sprayer alive afterwards, but cure some pet urine issues. I literally sealed nylon backing installs and water wouldn't pass through them!

Plunger cups in the pump sprayer didn't last 2 weeks after using them, but you cried all the way to the bank.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Some carpet cleaning techs come with their own special brand of fragrance

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I am also looking for something that will leave a long long lingering smell. Looks like I will try either last resort or maybe tabac attack. What do either they smell like I don’t see a scent or any idea?
Last resort is not describable like the scent of a rose, but it's a love/hate relationship. I let the customer smell it in the raw form before application, always.

Tabac attack smells like men's cologne and is a huge hit with female customers every time. Half of my job is to make what I'm cleaning look great, the other half is to make it smell great to those paying for it. If it smells awesome before I even pick up the wand and looks even better when I am done (I may or may not Spike my prespray with a certain deodorizer based on customer preference), but I'm just a redneck idiot, wtf do I know about customer satisfaction or retention.

• Haha
Reactions: Mama Fen

Ntkllc

Aug 25, 2018
Real Name
Nick kendall
Are those your best suggestions for someone to try that wants the longest lasting smell
I really want to have something that will leave a pleasant odor

Ntkllc

Aug 25, 2018
Real Name
Nick kendall
Also are they both used in prespray followed by agitation and extraction?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Also are they both used in prespray followed by agitation and extraction?
They can both be used in either. Your discretion is your best bet. A tiny amount applied with heat goes a long way like with a hydroforce.

Post application with a pump up you will require a little more per gallon for the same effect.

Caution: last resort is not a hit with a sledgehammer deal.... This product is top shelf and goes a long way. I use ONLY a spray bottle mixed 1 oz in 20 oz of water and shake continually while applying (it separates quick, just like d-limonene in prespray and likes to float on top and will be concentrated at the end if your lazy).

Reactions: Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I agree with the red neck, surprised you don’t use speed stick on the door posts hahahahaha

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
2 Stroke Gas Mix from a Blower would cover up any smells
And Groutmaster

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Well possum stew takes to long to fill the house with the aroma

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Git er done
Git err done !!!

Grout master

I've got a great idea it'll revolutionize the deodorization industry

all you need is a chainsaw and some pine or cedar logs cut them up inside your customers home it'll reeked of pine or cedar and two stroke problem solved lol

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I have a property manager that just takes a can of Axe punches a hole in the side of it and throws it in the room he calls it axe bombing

It makes the apartment smell like a high school lol

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Doesn’t get much fresher then wood that’s been cut right in the living room..
Ozone. I don’t know why people don’t use Ozone more to remove odors. Masking, Covering it up, but clean to me usually smells best. If a real cleaning doesn’t help, sometimes a little fragrance on a door post can help. I really don’t care for scents much myself but they have their place.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I have a property manager that just takes a can of Axe punches a hole in the side of it and throws it in the room he calls it axe bombing

It makes the apartment smell like a high school lol
Drakkar, nothing smells more like a high school locker room then Drakkar. Or if you were broke the fake version that you had to use by the gallon lol