groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
So we use Housecall Pro and love it, but in the pre covid 19 days we would always hand the customer our phone or tablet to sign for cc payments, this helped us get a lot of tips because it was offered. Now we are hands free, we don't touch the customers card and they don't touch our phones, however tips have dropped considerably, because they don't see it. Are you letting people touch your phone or tablet?

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
So we use Housecall Pro and love it, but in the pre covid 19 days we would always hand the customer our phone or tablet to sign for cc payments, this helped us get a lot of tips because it was offered. Now we are hands free, we don't touch the customers card and they don't touch our phones, however tips have dropped considerably, because they don't see it. Are you letting people touch your phone or tablet?
Why don’t you just wipe/sanitize your device before you hand it to the customer? And let them see you do it............Your already bringing your equipment in around/inside they’re home and we both know your not wiping off your hoses with wipes or spraying them in between jobs. I’d wipe the tablet set it down and back up 6 ft.

Reactions: sbsscn and groutguy

Lc17smp

Sep 19, 2019
Real Name
Larry Cole
I use HCP and send them the invoice via text or email. Had my best tip day yet today. I have it set to the less aggressive mode. It is an option to add tip in the payment screen. I believe I can set it so that when they click next after entering their payment info it goes to a tip screen.

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
I use HCP and send them the invoice via text or email. Had my best tip day yet today. I have it set to the less aggressive mode. It is an option to add tip in the payment screen. I believe I can set it so that when they click next after entering their payment info it goes to a tip screen.
That is a good idea, we also have it set for the less aggressive option but still get quite a few tips. So do you send them the email or text and then stand there while they pay it or do you send and leave? The problem I have with sending residential customers the invoice links is they always say they will pay it right away. Some do and some don't, then I have to start getting after them, which I always hate.

Reactions: MikeGaure

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
I charge accordingly and don’t worry about receiving tips
We never got many tips before housecall days but when we started using their payment platform we tried it and were very surprised at how well it works. As the owner of the company I don't get as many tips as the techs do, even though I'm on many jobs. Quite often I will even refuse them, if i'm on the job by myself. However my guys get quite a few tips and they really appreciate it, especially the cash tips. It's always nice having some cash in your pocket that the wife dosn't know about LOL. After they started getting more tips when we started housecall, it was like they got a raise that I didn't have to pay for and that keeps them happy!

Reactions: MikeGaure