ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
TH40 seems to be the one no one complains about at all. The 15" only draw that I've heard is less water recovery than the 12". Both need to be tuned by setting vacuum relief to the tile your cleaning for a good balance of recovery and mobility. Nothing really different about a bigger spinner except the surface it covers under it. The bigger ones will need a larger flat surface under it to maintain seal. I think this is why the 12" will always recover better. both do the same thing in the end. I prefer the larger spinners, but have used the th40 and it is great and plenty fast enough even for large areas. If a guy does enough tile having both sizes would be ideal. But I myself like more coverage. We work 2 man trucks so I get any excess water up while spinner is still going. If I worked alone I may lean towards 12" simply because it may speed up drying and allow for faster sealing. overall I guess I like the brush rings a little better. they will never recover as much as teflon but will not jump near as much when you hit any lippage. plus I am always ready to clean natural stone. without the possibility of forgetting to change it. its funny but on some tiles the th40 can keep up with the 15" so its not always faster. The end decision for me was based on 2 man crew 15" spinner. 1 man truck th40. By no means is the th40 slow I will add that. and it cleans very well. I regularly clean large areas and run 2 man truck so I went with larger spinner. But was never really let down by the th40 when we were using it. And even though I use a larger spinner. overall the th40 is prolly the best all around spinner you can get. If I was forced to claim one.
Also prolly tips the scale if you do residential 90% of the time to go with the 12"
Hey thanks Bob. I appreciate all of your advice. I am not a noob to tile cleaning but I have always used a tile wand. This morning, I ended up just picking up the TH15 15" Turbo Hybrid. I used it on a job today and it's already paid for itself. It cost a bit more than the 12" but after using it I am glad I went with this unit. I got the concrete adapter too which I'll use if I ever steam clean a garage or similar but today I just used the teflon ring. Worked flawlessly and water recovery was unbelievable. No need for any other steps to recover water as the tiles were basically dry as soon as it passed over them! I may play with the built-in vacuum relief because it was a little difficult to move but nothing I couldn't handle. I don't think this would be a good option for guys using a portable but my truckmount loved it... makes cleaning tile a no-brainer and with this 15" model I'm sure I can clean 1,500 - 2,000 sqft per hour. I might play with the jets and go higher flow so I can move it even faster but it was hard to tell on the tile today if I need them... this tile was pretty clean as it was. I tried the brush ring and water recovery wasn't as good but it was a little easier to use. I bet when the bristles wear down it will recover better but for now I'll stick with the teflon ring. Glad I went with this instead of an eBay el cheapo knockoff...

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
1400 psi... Im still waiting for someone to invent a low profile spinner that can get under toe kicks....The old sx7 head is thin enough but the handheld trigger gets in the way... To date the turboforce tools are hands down the best tile cleaning tools you can buy.

Reactions: the organic cleaner

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Hey thanks Bob. I appreciate all of your advice. I am not a noob to tile cleaning but I have always used a tile wand. This morning, I ended up just picking up the TH15 15" Turbo Hybrid. I used it on a job today and it's already paid for itself. It cost a bit more than the 12" but after using it I am glad I went with this unit. I got the concrete adapter too which I'll use if I ever steam clean a garage or similar but today I just used the teflon ring. Worked flawlessly and water recovery was unbelievable. No need for any other steps to recover water as the tiles were basically dry as soon as it passed over them! I may play with the built-in vacuum relief because it was a little difficult to move but nothing I couldn't handle. I don't think this would be a good option for guys using a portable but my truckmount loved it... makes cleaning tile a no-brainer and with this 15" model I'm sure I can clean 1,500 - 2,000 sqft per hour. I might play with the jets and go higher flow so I can move it even faster but it was hard to tell on the tile today if I need them... this tile was pretty clean as it was. I tried the brush ring and water recovery wasn't as good but it was a little easier to use. I bet when the bristles wear down it will recover better but for now I'll stick with the teflon ring. Glad I went with this instead of an eBay el cheapo knockoff...
Dont alter the jets! you will regret that choice trust me...

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Why lol... I was thinking a little higher flow and a little wider angle. Seems crazy that it's only a 2 flow
its not a 2 flow its 4.... your turbo should have 0502 jets on it... now the reason why is because they are jetted very specifically to create enough psi to spin the bar... but to top that off you may not even be able to remove the jets without destroying the threads in the bar...they machine thread them in all the way....

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
its not a 2 flow its 4.... your turbo should have 0502 jets on it... now the reason why is because they are jetted very specifically to create enough psi to spin the bar... but to top that off you may not even be able to remove the jets without destroying the threads in the bar...they machine thread them in all the way....
Nope brand new TH15 - 1501 jets

carpettom

Dec 7, 2014
Riverside Calif.
Real Name
tom cervino
Come again? Not getting your tip.
When they get worn and rounded they don't stay in the grout line when brushing. Used the bench grinder to put the v back into the brush. You just have to get the angle right and about 2 times across the grinder on each side of the brush and it was as good as new

Reactions: Zarz

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
Many have tried...Including myself..Fact that it's a rotary makes it hap hazard results at best. Try the Tile & Grout Shark or Demon Brushes..They'll knock the Dog Shitz from the grout lines Lickety Split.
Got me 3 T/G sharks sitting on my desk. Whats the difference with the Demon?