Tile & grout | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Tile & grout

tres

Mar 3, 2015
Real Name
tres davis
We do 900 for ceramic and 700 for travertine

Saves the headache of blowing out grout and if you use a 175 to scrub it you will get just as good of results as 1300 psi

Reactions: alexus

MD'z Floors & More

Apr 1, 2013
Real Name
Quintin Riley
We do 900 for ceramic and 700 for travertine

Saves the headache of blowing out grout and if you use a 175 to scrub it you will get just as good of results as 1300 psi
That's kind of the psi I was thinking, I may bring a 175 for the really bad ones.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
175 is Great for the Dog & Pony show but don't expect it to dig deep into the Grout Lines..Cuz it Wont!
Yeah, they need to make a brush especially to dig into the grout better, a good stiff brush cleans it, but not the best. We usually run the 175 also, but in many cases, the grout usually comes out uneven as far as the color, many of our tile jobs the floors are 10 years and up, hince color sealing. Were at about 900 psi also, not to much need to go higher, more stress on the pump, jmo. (y)

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Yeah, they need to make a brush especially to dig into the grout better, a good stiff brush cleans it, but not the best. We usually run the 175 also, but in many cases, the grout usually comes out uneven as far as the color, many of our tile jobs the floors are 10 years and up, hince color sealing. Were at about 900 psi also, not to much need to go higher, more stress on the pump, jmo. (y)
Many have tried...Including myself..Fact that it's a rotary makes it hap hazard results at best. Try the Tile & Grout Shark or Demon Brushes..They'll knock the Dog Shitz from the grout lines Lickety Split.

Reactions: the organic cleaner

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Depends on the condition of the grout.

If it's fine and there is no cracking or missing sections I'll go 12-1400.

If it's in between 800-100

If it's bad I'll avoid those areas
I'm buying my first Turbo Hybrid tomorrow - do you recommend changing out the jets to higher flow or do the jets it comes with work well as is? I'm running a truckmount with a diesel burner so maintaining heat isn't an issue...

Do you use the 12" or 15" version? I'd like the 15" but I worry if it's not as practical in a residential setting.

@Todd the Cleaner
@Jose Holguin

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I'm buying my first Turbo Hybrid tomorrow - do you recommend changing out the jets to higher flow or do the jets it comes with work well as is? I'm running a truckmount with a diesel burner so maintaining heat isn't an issue...

Do you use the 12" or 15" version? I'd like the 15" but I worry if it's not as practical in a residential setting.

@Todd the Cleaner
@Jose Holguin
15 will be great..Jets Should be spot on.

likenew89

Jul 24, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
Real Name
dan

@Todd the Cleaner
@Jose Holguin
Never changed a thing on it.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
As high as 1400 on commercial. closer to 1000 to 1200 on residential. inspect and if they have crumbling grout you need to address with customer no matter what psi you use. totally avoid them if you can. you ain't clean grout that has soaked up water from the bottom side anyways. its dark all the way through. Even a hairline separation from tile on one side will cause this.

Both these are at 1400 psi. the second one may have been a little lower, it was a house but grout was very good shape. appeared to be epoxy. cleaned up fast , no scrubbing.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Many have tried...Including myself..Fact that it's a rotary makes it hap hazard results at best. Try the Tile & Grout Shark or Demon Brushes..They'll knock the Dog Shitz from the grout lines Lickety Split.
Yeah I have the Shark Brush, pretty back breaking to scrub each line though.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States

@Todd the Cleaner
@Jose Holguin
TH40 seems to be the one no one complains about at all. The 15" only draw that I've heard is less water recovery than the 12". Both need to be tuned by setting vacuum relief to the tile your cleaning for a good balance of recovery and mobility. Nothing really different about a bigger spinner except the surface it covers under it. The bigger ones will need a larger flat surface under it to maintain seal. I think this is why the 12" will always recover better. both do the same thing in the end. I prefer the larger spinners, but have used the th40 and it is great and plenty fast enough even for large areas. If a guy does enough tile having both sizes would be ideal. But I myself like more coverage. We work 2 man trucks so I get any excess water up while spinner is still going. If I worked alone I may lean towards 12" simply because it may speed up drying and allow for faster sealing. overall I guess I like the brush rings a little better. they will never recover as much as teflon but will not jump near as much when you hit any lippage. plus I am always ready to clean natural stone. without the possibility of forgetting to change it. its funny but on some tiles the th40 can keep up with the 15" so its not always faster. The end decision for me was based on 2 man crew 15" spinner. 1 man truck th40. By no means is the th40 slow I will add that. and it cleans very well. I regularly clean large areas and run 2 man truck so I went with larger spinner. But was never really let down by the th40 when we were using it. And even though I use a larger spinner. overall the th40 is prolly the best all around spinner you can get. If I was forced to claim one.
Also prolly tips the scale if you do residential 90% of the time to go with the 12"

Reactions: aloha one