crscleaner

Jul 30, 2008
Oklahoma
www.crs-stillwater.com
Real Name
Neil DeArmond
Business Location
United States
In looking at the products alkaline available, they are all 11-12.5 pH. Would any cleaner with similar pH do just as good of a job cleaning? The reason I ask is because I have a large amount of Blitz carpet prespray that I would like to use up. Its pH is 11.5-12.:AddEmoticons04259:

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
There is a lot more to cleaning than just the pH.

One thing that you should ocnsider is what solvents and how much of those solvents are present in the product. This can be different for carpet than tile and grout but some of the same solvents are used in both situations.

You also want to consider surfacants. The surfactants used in many carpet cleaning presprays will work on tile and grout differently. One possibel proiblem would be that the grout would dry a lot slower when using most carpet presprays. This can also cause some unevern penetration of moisture result in uneven or blotchy color of the grout.

This is not to say that carpet prespray will not work. It will likely do OK on many jobs. But I would not expect it to be as effective at cuttng grease. Also use air movers to help dry the floor faster. If you are willing to deal with those differences, it could be the way to use up the prespray you have on hand.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
In looking at the products alkaline available, they are all 11-12.5 pH. Would any cleaner with similar pH do just as good of a job cleaning? The reason I ask is because I have a large amount of Blitz carpet prespray that I would like to use up. Its pH is 11.5-12.:AddEmoticons04259:

No

Dishsoap and shampoo have simialr ph's do you want to wash your hair with dishsoap or car wash soap?
Same thing

randmartinez

Mar 11, 2010
CO
Real Name
Rand Martinez
Business Location
United States
I know a few cleaners that use carpet pre-spray and claim good results. I use viper venom myself, some people claim its no good, but its never let me down (14000+ sq. ft. worth)

Gary T

Sep 5, 2008
Lake Villa, Il
www.TileCareInc.com
Real Name
Garrett Tousignant
I know a few cleaners that use carpet pre-spray and claim good results
Good results don't cut it.

I use viper venom myself, some people claim its no good, but its never let me down (14000+ sq. ft. worth)
What do you have to mix that at to get decent results? Get some Shorebest 2790 and do a side by side. Mix the 2790 at 8oz per gallon. Go ahead and mix the VV at its strongest suggested ratio. You'll then see what your results could or should have been. That stuff is too expensive to use in both time and money. Dawn works better.

RobM

Aug 20, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Robert Michalec
Business Location
United States
I know a few cleaners that use carpet pre-spray and claim good results .
Good results don't cut it.

I use viper venom myself, some people claim its no good, but its never let me down (14000+ sq. ft. worth) What do you have to mix that at to get decent results? Get some Shorebest 2790 and do a side by side. Mix the 2790 at 8oz per gallon. Go ahead and mix the VV at its strongest suggested ratio. You'll then see what your results could or should have been. That stuff is too expensive to use in both time and money. Dawn works better.

Gary, where to you get this product? I am interested in new products, we are experimenting with new products all the time.

Gary T

Sep 5, 2008
Lake Villa, Il
www.TileCareInc.com
Real Name
Garrett Tousignant
It works awesome. High PH does not necessarily mean better clean. 2790 was designed to clean concrete. It is designed to penetrate deeper into the pores of concrete than other cleaners. Cement grout is a form of concrete, and this cleaner works as advertised. I have tested. The reason it was not pushed by the manufacturer for T&G use is because it was considered overkill since most of the surface being cleaned, tile, isn't porous. But the grout is and this product simply cleans better than any other I have tested against it, even at higher dilutions.

I have tested other 14 ph products side-by-side, and the 2790 smoked 'em. So really the high PH by itself does not mean it will clean better. It is the formulation.

I keep testing though, so if I do find a better cleaner, I'll let ya'll know.

O like the OXY as an additive, but don't care for it as a stand-alone cleaner.

kingjoelking

Mar 26, 2008
AZ
www.whatsinyourcarpets.com
Real Name
Joel Riggs
Business Location
United States
Yes it is the same as 4800. I had foam issues when I first tried it because I mixed it like I mixed Viper Venom. I used half gallon to 1 1/2 gallons of water Waaaaaaaaaay over kill there. Like Gary said mix it at 8 oz to the gallon and it will rip through everything. Dont have to agitate or scrub and really dont have to even let it dwell for more then a minute.