Tile & Grout bathroom wall --question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 11, 2016
Real Name
Howie Wallach
Hope someone can give me feedback.
I was asked to clean-tile and grout kitchen floor and bathroom tub surrounding walls for an apartment rental turnover.
Bathroom walls are disgusting.
I have not done walls as most of the work we do is commercial and has been tiled floors.

I do not own a hand-held spinner.
Can the tiled enclosure be done using my Hydro-force SX-12?

Any guidance on price for wall tile & grout cleaning?

Thank you.
HW

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Hope someone can give me feedback.
I was asked to clean-tile and grout kitchen floor and bathroom tub surrounding walls for an apartment rental turnover.
Bathroom walls are disgusting.
I have not done walls as most of the work we do is commercial and has been tiled floors.

I do not own a hand-held spinner.
Can the tiled enclosure be done using my Hydro-force SX-12?

Any guidance on price for wall tile & grout cleaning?

Thank you.
HW
Hey Mass: Yes you can use your spinner on that wall, just spay it down with some Grout Master or the product you use for tile cleaning, then hit it with the spinner. For the wall areas I would charge at least 10-15 cents higher than your regular price. Be careful though I did a shower like that last week and my turbo hit a small part of a towel holder and broke it! I told the customer to give me the bill After a handy man fixes it, that piece is about $30-40 bucks at Home Depot. Don’t have it to close to anything that’s on the wall that can be damaged.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
For walls, considering applying your prespray with a foaming sprayer like the Foam-It. 2 liter sprayer. https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=1603-4187

BTW - this sprayer has been a great seller at $40 for years. The size will be changing soon. Just reduced the price of the 2 liter size to $30 until they are gone. If you have even thought about a foaming sprayer, get one in the next week or so.

Nov 11, 2016
Real Name
Howie Wallach
Hey Mass: Yes you can use your spinner on that wall, just spay it down with some Grout Master or the product you use for tile cleaning, then hit it with the spinner. For the wall areas I would charge at least 10-15 cents higher than your regular price. Be careful though I did a shower like that last week and my turbo hit a small part of a towel holder and broke it! I told the customer to give me the bill After a handy man fixes it, that piece is about $30-40 bucks at Home Depot. Don’t have it to close to anything that’s on the wall that can be damaged.
Thank you floorman.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
The way I clean shower places is that I use acidic cleaner or viniger as I spray on the tiles and then use my drill and brush and then rinse with water. Great results.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
For walls, considering applying your prespray with a foaming sprayer like the Foam-It. 2 liter sprayer. https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=1603-4187

BTW - this sprayer has been a great seller at $40 for years. The size will be changing soon. Just reduced the price of the 2 liter size to $30 until they are gone. If you have even thought about a foaming sprayer, get one in the next week or so.
I've got one of these and its worth the $$$. Actually, at $30 I might try and buy another one.