Tile dries and haze appears ....

JDinAZ

Oct 26, 2018
Real Name
Josh DiGiovanni
I have tile cleaning down to a science( or so I thought) but it seems once the weather breaks here and it gets hotter, I start having issues with some of my tile jobs... the haze appears and I can not get it off... I cut my GM to 2 scoops/ 2gal , lowered my water temp, mix the GM with cool water, use an electric sprayer and never let the chemical dry .. I also rinse well.. following up with a damp mop. Some floors just don’t cooperate . I tried acid on this floor and it wouldn’t come clean... I rinsed 4 times ... any recs? Should I be using a neutral cleaner in my rinse?

Attachments

• 3FB68F93-8D4F-48B4-8ED0-61E4197B91CC.jpeg
    3FB68F93-8D4F-48B4-8ED0-61E4197B91CC.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 58

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
There’s a difference between knowing science and being a scientist haha
We get the same temps in summer here 110-117+
When it’s that hot you have to be exta careful
On those days I leave my machine heat off...
You don’t need the temp in residential
AND I work in smaller areas so I don’t have hazing issues - I don’t use groutmaster (Rob send me a sample to Australia) I use Viper Venom w/citrus powder. It will leave residue when it’s that hot specially if I keep to the same size areas I work to the rest of the year. As soon as you finish an area flat mop it, soak up all the pools and little bits of standing water, if there’s no pools however little they are there’s almost no chance of leaving haze

Also while annoying it’s easy to fix, I think Tre @admin helped out with the remedy to get you sorted too

Last edited:
Reactions: JDinAZ

JDinAZ

Oct 26, 2018
Real Name
Josh DiGiovanni
There’s a difference between knowing science and being a scientist haha
We get the same temps in summer here 110-117+
When it’s that hot you have to be exta careful
On those days I leave my machine heat off...
You don’t need the temp in residential
AND I work in smaller areas so I don’t have hazing issues - I don’t use groutmaster (Rob send me a sample to Australia) I use Viper Venom w/citrus powder. It will leave residue when it’s that hot specially if I keep to the same size areas I work to the rest of the year. As soon as you finish an area flat mop it, soak up all the pools and little bits of standing water, if there’s no pools however little they are there’s almost no chance of leaving haze

Also while annoying it’s easy to fix, I think Tre @admin helped out with the remedy to get you sorted too
Thanks!! I’m gonna try no heat and reduce my cleaning areas..

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I personally prefer neutra hard surface cleaners to help avoid this. I will only use aggressive chemistry on light colored grout. I have ran into this situation before and I agree Heat, chemistry and dwell time does have an effect, and having a water softener onboard helps a lot!

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Looks more like grout haze to me.
I only do T&G.
If it's new construction then I go straight to diluted acid toilet bowl cleaner, especially on the wood plank tile.

Very fine mist and flat mop to spread / agitate.
Then rinse at 1000 psi.
I use heat year round here in N Florida.
Only set at 150°.
And I have an on-board water softener.

For regular tile I use GM and pre spray the groutlines first, then right before rinsing I fine mist the entire area with GM.
I overlap each rinse pass twice to ensure thorough flushing of the tile.

Then flat mop to finish.

Also, I work backwards. So I start at the furthest point from the front door.
Lay the tool down in front of the room or zone that I'm cleaning and then work into that area.
Makes sure I don't walk on the chem or drag hoses through it.
Once that section is done, I pull back and do the next.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke