Tile bid

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
What should I be charging a sq ft on cleaning tile once a year job

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
I charge .70/sq ft but I think I am on the lower end of things. Depends on how many square feet as well.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Too many variables to answer.
More details required. Same reason I never quote over the phone.
Prices anywhere from .35c to $1.50 on here depending on geography.

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Depends also on whether you have professional tile cleaning equipment or...
a mop and a bucket:)

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
I did a tile job the other day. The lady said it had a color seal on it. Asked if it would come off. I said it should not but it might flake in a spot or two if it was old. She said no worries and to go for it. I went east turned the heat off and psi down to 600. The crap came up like crazy. I decided to keep going as I had to get the viper venom up. Then I showed her the results. She was not happy said the color seal was only 6 months old and she insisted it herself. I told her I could turn up the psi and probably get it all off. At this point that would look much better. She said go for it. So I cleaned it again at 1200 psi and full heat. Most of it came up, got on my knees with the cobra and went to work. More came up but could not get it all. Then I realized the tiles were getting gooey. She had been using mop and glow off and on for years. This is why the color seal would not stick. Also why I couldn't get the color seal all off. She waxed over the color seal. Spent 3 hours on 200 sq ft of hell. Just to make it look somewhat decent. So much for a quick in and out at .70 per sq ft. Also I did not change her for the job as I should have known better.

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
Depends also on whether you have professional tile cleaning equipment or...
a mop and a bucket:)
I purchased a orbit vibe yes I have professional tile cleaning equipment if I was doing it the old fashion way I would charge as a deep cleaning

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
I did a tile job the other day. The lady said it had a color seal on it. Asked if it would come off. I said it should not but it might flake in a spot or two if it was old. She said no worries and to go for it. I went east turned the heat off and psi down to 600. The crap came up like crazy. I decided to keep going as I had to get the viper venom up. Then I showed her the results. She was not happy said the color seal was only 6 months old and she insisted it herself. I told her I could turn up the psi and probably get it all off. At this point that would look much better. She said go for it. So I cleaned it again at 1200 psi and full heat. Most of it came up, got on my knees with the cobra and went to work. More came up but could not get it all. Then I realized the tiles were getting gooey. She had been using mop and glow off and on for years. This is why the color seal would not stick. Also why I couldn't get the color seal all off. She waxed over the color seal. Spent 3 hours on 200 sq ft of hell. Just to make it look somewhat decent. So much for a quick in and out at .70 per sq ft. Also I did not change her for the job as I should have known better.
The last person to do his floors waxed them I told owner it wasn’t going to stick and I was right , so that has to be scrubbed off

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
The last person to do his floors waxed them I told owner it wasn’t going to stick and I was right , so that has to be scrubbed off
If the tile has wax then it it s a whole different ball game and cost. Getting wax out of the grout is a nightmare. If not impossible.

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
Luckley they ain’t alot left on it hopefully the orbit will take it up and I’m not sealing it
I need ya to help a girl out here below is the floor I need to do found out the wax was just one coat and now I’m wondering if that’s why it come up to fast the customer want high gloss on it so I told him you will have to pay me to buff it every month I’m new to ceramic tile only really have experience in VCT should I use the same method

66B5AFD1-5887-42C5-A2CD-6CD55C3C9EBC.jpeg

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I need ya to help a girl out here below is the floor I need to do found out the wax was just one coat and now I’m wondering if that’s why it come up to fast the customer want high gloss on it so I told him you will have to pay me to buff it every month I’m new to ceramic tile only really have experience in VCT should I use the same method
There is NO WAY to make a matte or semi-gloss tile shiny. If you want shiny tile you install shiny tile. You cannot polish it, all you can do is clean it back to its original finish.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
never ever wax ceramic tile.......

i have cleaned waxed tile before.......hard to tell before you clean it.......

i will tell the customer immediately and explain i probably wont get it all up.....

and be willing to pass on the job....
same with color sealing.......dont like it.....

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
never ever wax ceramic tile.......

i have cleaned waxed tile before.......hard to tell before you clean it.......

i will tell the customer immediately and explain i probably wont get it all up.....

and be willing to pass on the job....
same with color sealing.......dont like it.....
Thank you I keep telling him , I’m gonna show him some other peoples opinions I bought a orbit vibe I might have to take a stripping pad first and then the tile brush don’t know have not used it yet

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i charge for tile by the room...just easier.....50-75$ per room
50$ for rentals and realtors
75$ for homes
small kictchen could take longer than an open LR.....

dont always make 100$ an hour but take my time on large jobs by
pretreat and scrub with crb 1-2 rooms...then start my TM and cleaning with the bonzer....
works great.......

takes about 1 hour per room

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
i charge for tile by the room...just easier.....50-75$ per room
50$ for rentals and realtors
75$ for homes
small kictchen could take longer than an open LR.....

dont always make 100$ an hour but take my time on large jobs by
pretreat and scrub with crb 1-2 rooms...then start my TM and cleaning with the bonzer....
works great.......

takes about 1 hour per room
That pricing help me out I bought the machine because I clean bank foreclosers I need to clean tile , polish marble , clean garage floors the company gave me the cleaning contract on their building so I can pay for it plus he knows we can charge more now I’m picking up easy tile jobs to help pay for it also

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
do you have a portable and or TM??

commercial strip wax is outta my league but a portable or TM would absolutely
help with the cleaning of tile and grout....
also pressure washing garages............

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
do you have a portable and or TM??

commercial strip wax is outta my league but a portable or TM would absolutely
help with the cleaning of tile and grout....
also pressure washing garages............
Yes I do but I use it to run my rotavac I want the tile head for it to,I need a wand for my portable for rinsing and sucking up water , I can use the supersorb pads I might save them for carpet since the package deal only come with 2 plus my portable is 10 years old but works grate using the orbit vibe will save wear and tear on my portable plus I need my husband to run the rotavac it takes off on me