Tile and grout cleaning

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
Got a Gekko 4 jet brush head recently, want to use it in a job later in the week. Anyone use one regularly and at what PSI do you clean with?
TIA

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Got a Gekko 4 jet brush head recently, want to use it in a job later in the week. Anyone use one regularly and at what PSI do you clean with?
TIA
There were few discussions about purpose of 4 jet tile&grout wand. I used to love my Prochem 1 jet wand, jet was blasting grime from the corners, no agitation needed. 4 jet wand , in my opinion is useful in household setting, for light to medium soiled tiles, where agitation has been used. In commercial environment, especially restaurant kitchens, I'd opt for a spinner, 12-15". I'm thinking water recovery would be better with your Gekko wand.
As far as Psi goes, gekko is designed for high pressures, so you can clean at 1000-1200 psi, but is rather lightweight tool ( also 1.5 "tube, hopefully you have only small area to clean.
You'd be exhausted if you were to clean 400 sqf.
So, in summary, I'd use gekko as support tool, not the main one.

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
There were few discussions about purpose of 4 jet tile&grout wand. I used to love my Prochem 1 jet wand, jet was blasting grime from the corners, no agitation needed. 4 jet wand , in my opinion is useful in household setting, for light to medium soiled tiles, where agitation has been used. In commercial environment, especially restaurant kitchens, I'd opt for a spinner, 12-15". I'm thinking water recovery would be better with your Gekko wand.
As far as Psi goes, gekko is designed for high pressures, so you can clean at 1000-1200 psi, but is rather lightweight tool ( also 1.5 "tube, hopefully you have only small area to clean.
You'd be exhausted if you were to clean 400 sqf.
So, in summary, I'd use gekko as support tool, not the main one.

Thanks for the input, I’ll definitely use my 15” spinner then.