Tile and Grout Cleaning w/Portable

Shay_OC

Jul 2, 2014
Real Name
Shay Jones
I have been wanting to start doing tile and grout cleaning with my portable. I have done a few tile jobs with my carpet wand but I'm wanting to get a Turbo Hybrid tile cleaner. I'm not sure if it will run off my portable.

I have a Ninja warrior with 500 psi. I'm hoping some of you might have experience with this. Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
500psi extractors doesn't have enough water flow (GPM). that's why there are 1200psi extractors on the market. you can still use your ninja warrior but the turbo hybrid or any spinner wont be enough by itself. you will absolutely need a tile & grout brush

Overall you will work twice as hard and spend double the time on the job

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
The turbo hybrid is one of the best spinners out there but I don't think your portable is powerful enough to run it. The portable lacks both psi and water flow to run the spinner efficiently. You can get one of the 4 jet tile wands that will work better with your portable.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Hard surface spinners rely on high psi and high flow volume to do the heavy lifting, neither of which that can be provided from a 500psi porty.

Don't waste your time.

The only value of a 500psi porty when doing T/G is to be to rinse/flush/recover whatever slurry you can create using chemistry and agitation, which is what you would have to primarily rely on when attempting T/G with a porty.

You have a 175 rotary?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Pick up some Groutmaster, a brush and a tile wand. Thank me later. Or call me now and I'll hook you up with it all.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
The turbo hybrid is one of the best spinners out there but I don't think your portable is powerful enough to run it. The portable lacks both psi and water flow to run the spinner efficiently. You can get one of the 4 jet tile wands that will work better with your portable.
500psi extractors doesn't have enough water flow (GPM). that's why there are 1200psi extractors on the market. you can still use your ninja warrior but the turbo hybrid or any spinner wont be enough by itself. you will absolutely need a tile & grout brush

Overall you will work twice as hard and spend double the time on the job
It may be harder and take longer but you will lose jobs if you don't offer T&G. A Tile wand is a few hundreds bucks plus and will get you by until have a pump capable of running a spinner. Tile wand are also handy in tight areas.
I operate at @300-350 psi with a tile wand from Westpak like Rob mentioned.

Avdo

Oct 12, 2013
Real Name
Avdo Avdic
Get yourself a tile and grout wand. Prespray, scrubb with 175 rinse it with your portable and wand. Should work no problem. Once you srubb it with 175 your really dont need high psi to rinse.

Shay_OC

Jul 2, 2014
Real Name
Shay Jones
Hard surface spinners rely on high psi and high flow volume to do the heavy lifting, neither of which that can be provided from a 500psi porty.

Don't waste your time.

The only value of a 500psi porty when doing T/G is to be to rinse/flush/recover whatever slurry you can create using chemistry and agitation, which is what you would have to primarily rely on when attempting T/G with a porty.

You have a 175 rotary?

Unfortunately I don't have a rotary yet but I think that will be my next purchase.That way I can do T&G and Vinyl. Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Chucky

Mar 7, 2015
Real Name
Elvis Hernandez
This is a restaurant i did with my ltd5, used my buffer, tile wand, and alohas tile brush

Attachments

• IMG_2769.JPG
    IMG_2769.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_2768.JPG
    IMG_2768.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 560

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
As has already been stated. Get a used 175 and a good T&G brush and you'll be set.
There are guys out there that only do T&G and do it all day long with a mop and a 175.
As @Ed Valentine stated above, nothing beats agitation when it comes to T&G.

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
I assume this wand for tile would also be good enough ?
Samco: Hard surface Tile Cleaning Wand with Brush Lip SamHard14 [SamHard14]
Its 80 bux cheaper. I also have a 500 psi portable ... so im going with a tile wand and aggitation for now.

AZStoneguy

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Brady Wright
I've cleaned tile and stone for 8 years with a portable. I have a 500psi and a 1200psi, use the 500 most often. Use a grout brush and a 175 with a brush for agitation, use the portable to just extract and rinse. No pump out or auto fill needed.