Threatening Phone Call | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Threatening Phone Call

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Interesting - received a call at 7:58am from a private number this morning asking me for a reference on myself - hung up as I figure it must be a scam.

Received a second call at 8:11am same voice, this time asking me directly if this was myself - said yes, and man proceeded to threaten me saying, something along the lines of, "You're a lowlife scumbag etc etc bashing every previous carpet cleaning company you've worked for, I'm going to get you mother fudgeer"

So it's kind of interesting given the only companies I've ever talked about publicly is Oxi Fresh & Boss Optima - which has been 90% talked about on these forums.

Stay tuned kids! Contacting cell phone company now to trace the number.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Id have givin him my physical address and told him to come on over ;)

Reactions: keep it clean

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Well he hung up so fast didn't give me time =)

Reactions: SRD

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Good luck with that. Let us know what happens.

I have private numbers blocked.
Unfortunately i have been doing the same. I dont even answer anymore. This day in age. Marketers are jacking private numbers that are in use. I dont have time to answer all the bs calls. Especially ones in foreign languages. If someone needs me leave a message. I check them about every hour when i can. Tax seasons coming so they'll be out in full force soon.

Reactions: george8585

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Unfortunately i have been doing the same. I dont even answer anymore. This day in age. Marketers are jacking private numbers that are in use. I dont have time to answer all the bs calls. Especially ones in foreign languages. If someone needs me leave a message. I check them about every hour when i can. Tax seasons coming so they'll be out in full force soon.
50% of my calls are BS. Leave a message.I got enough work that I don't have to answer.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Well the reason this call isn't BS is this person clearly either has had business with me or worked with me in the past. The voice sounded familiar; but not wanting to implicate people I wouldn't divulge who I "think" it is.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Well speaking to the cell phone carrier I can get the number after attorney files a subpoena. So whoever it is will come to light. Until then not giving this any more though. Going to enjoy my weekend.

Reactions: SRD

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Most people that talk shit and say their gonna do something wont, its the ones that dont talk shit that you have to actually worry about. ;)

Reactions: keep it clean

ToddBenne

Sep 7, 2008
O' fallon, MO.
Real Name
Todd Benne
Interesting - received a call at 7:58am from a private number this morning asking me for a reference on myself - hung up as I figure it must be a scam.

Received a second call at 8:11am same voice, this time asking me directly if this was myself - said yes, and man proceeded to threaten me saying, something along the lines of, "You're a lowlife scumbag etc etc bashing every previous carpet cleaning company you've worked for, I'm going to get you mother fudgeer"

So it's kind of interesting given the only companies I've ever talked about publicly is Oxi Fresh & Boss Optima - which has been 90% talked about on these forums.

Stay tuned kids! Contacting cell phone company now to trace the number.
I would tread lightly proceeding. You are on the internet using your complete name giving bad Google reviews for two competitors and a raving review for your own company(JLee's) using your very own truck photo of the 570 after install that you posted here on TMF a few months back. Just sayin'.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeGaure

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
It's not "Two" competitors, its one competitor, same owner, same Oxi Fresh, and it's a company I have in-depth knowledge about. I don't suspect it's the owners at Oxi because although they bury their heads in the sand about their process being superior to HWE, they aren't those kinds of people. Which is what my review of them states - it gives more information about HOW they clean, not about the people in the company.

I worked at two other carpet cleaning companies, and you clearly ignored my 5 star positive review for True Clean is still on Google and is still 5 star positive. So no Todd, I'm not out to bash all the carpet cleaners out there. Customers deserved to know more about Oxi Fresh as they scam quite a few people.

Leave me alone Todd, I've requested that from you before as you always try to twist things. You've had an ax to grind with me for a long time buddy and I still don't even know who you are but only that you operate in my city.

Last edited:

wisco27

Nov 7, 2010
Whats up with the review for your own company? Makes it seem like a customer and even has a response from the owner, lol.

Reactions: MikeGaure

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I wouldn’t even pursue trying to find out who it was unless it persists.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Well the reason this call isn't BS is this person clearly either has had business with me or worked with me in the past. The voice sounded familiar; but not wanting to implicate people I wouldn't divulge who I "think" it is.
Due to high amount of lawsuits and just general decency it’s a good practice to leave out company names imo

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yup I'm a sketchy guy, faked all 48 reviews already.

We were required to post a review to get the Google Local Services going.

Cleaning was essentially true as we did clean for mother in law and she has no clue how to operate Google. Next time I'll simply set it up under her name before I suffer the wrath of TMF members.